Barca Transfers and Rumors

Ronaldinho10

How about figuring out how to win your first league title in 28 years. Coutinho dreams of coming to Barca and you're dreaming if you think Liverpool can win the title this season.

Just let this angry anfield boy stay angry. Fact is they all are and I don't blame them they haven't won a league title since 2006 😂 or done anything of significance since. And now that Coutinho sees it as well there mad at us for him wanting to make the switch.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Koulibaly lol. Not unless we want to pay 50m.

He's a fucking tank though. Another one France missed out on. Physically a monster while also being quite good on the ball. Underrated or simply not well known by many lol.

Being obsessed with Sakho:)facepalm:), Zouma, Adil Rami:)facepalm:), Mangala:)facepalm:), Koscielny(who's obv not bad, but injuries and cards make him unreliable at times) made them miss out on him and possibly even Laporte soon.

Even Yanga-Mbiwa got a call up while Koulibaly didn't.

Umtiti was like Deschamps' 7th choice CB and now he's their starting CB with Varane. Didn't happen magically. He was better than Rami, Mangala and Mathieu, but Didier won't call you up unless you play for a big club.

The funniest shit about all this is that Dechamps last year talked about calling Koulibaly up, forgetting he preferred other bums over him years ago when he waited and waited before he went with Senegal in the end. He's so fucking clueless he didn't even know that.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He's a fucking tank though. Another one France missed out on. Physically a monster while also being quite good on the ball. Underrated or simply not well known by many lol.

Being obsessed with Sakho:)facepalm:), Zouma, Adil Rami:)facepalm:), Mangala:)facepalm:), Koscielny(who's obv not bad, but injuries and cards make him unreliable at times) made them miss out on him and possibly even Laporte soon.

Umtiti was like Deschamps' 7th choice CB and now he's their starting CB with Varane. Didn't happen magically. He was better than Rami, Mangala and Mathieu.

I think France wanted him but he opted for Senegal, which is smart choice tbh.
And actually I kind respect that, Spain calls everyone just to ensure they won't play for another NT, they ruined any possible international career for the likes of Munir & Bojan for no reason

DonAK

I think France wanted him but he opted for Senegal, which is smart choice tbh.
And actually I kind respect that, Spain calls everyone just to ensure they won't play for another NT, they ruined any possible international career for the likes of Munir & Bojan for no reason

He never got a call from Didier Deschamps.

http://www.espnfc.com/france/story/2814227/didier-deschamps-missed-an-episode-over-koulibaly

"I waited on the French team for a long time," he said. "I knew that by arriving in Naples, there was maybe an opening to be made.

"I waited, my turn didn't come and at the start of the season I decided to go with Senegal."

As for your point about Spain then I agree with you. My problem with France and Deschamps in general is that he's simply a bad coach who plays players based on which clubs they play for rather than how good they are or how they fit his team and plans(which often are lacking).

He simply puts a bunch of individuals out there hoping for a miracle. And obviously like all NT coaches he got a couple of favourites, but even they are dumber than most coaches. I mean, Sakho and Gignac?

xXKonan

I remember the hype surrounding Mangala but all the things said about him before his big move to City was he was tall,strong and supposedly good on the ball and had the potential to be an elite all around CB down the line. ended up not happening at all.

Yeah he's tall and has the physique but not much else. He ended up being a total bust at City. Koulibaly pretty much has all those attributes that Mangala was hyped up about, and Umtiti while not as tall as either of them also has those attributes.

I like Kurt Zouma myself but compared to the likes of Umtiti and Koulibaly he's not as good as any of those two are.

DonAK

Mangala's like Ramos in his earlier days.

Very error prone. Problem is that it doesn't seem like he's able to shake all that off.

Barcilliant

Umtiti was like Deschamps' 7th choice CB and now he's their starting CB with Varane. Didn't happen magically. He was better than Rami, Mangala and Mathieu, but Didier won't call you up unless you play for a big club.

The funniest shit about all this is that Dechamps last year talked about calling Koulibaly up, forgetting he preferred other bums over him years ago when he waited and waited before he went with Senegal in the end. He's so fucking clueless he didn't even know that.

Lol Deschamps really is an idiot.

Windhook

Would make a move for Koulibaly. Yerry Mina is the favorite for a winter transfer, because the other targets if signed will be ineligible to play in Champions League.

The reason Valverde is rumored to be after CBs is the simple fact we have no quality, except for Umtiti and the declined Pique. This season is Masche's swan song at Barcelona, no point in discussing Vermaelen.

Messi983

Vermaelen will leave and Masche possibly too after World Cup so it's understandable we're looking for 2 CBs but I'm not really a fan of bringing 2 new players for CB spot in one summer, because they'd both need time to adapt.

So I'd buy Mina in January and let him adapt to the team until the end of the season as 4th CB (though I'd obviously give him more playing time than Vermalen is currently getting as our 4th option) while we still have Masche here. And then if Masche leaves we can get his replacement next summer.

But on the other hand I also understand why EV wants to buy someone with experience in Europe in January. I'm sure he's not happy with Pique's performances and wants someone younger who would challenge him for his spot longterm (because as good as Masche is playing this season I'm sure Pique is not affraid he'd lose his spot to him) and EV is probably not totally convinced that Mina is that guy.

aaron101

Would make a move for Koulibaly. Yerry Mina is the favorite for a winter transfer, because the other targets if signed will be ineligible to play in Champions League.

The reason Valverde is rumored to be after CBs is the simple fact we have no quality, except for Umtiti and the declined Pique. This season is Masche's swan song at Barcelona, no point in discussing Vermaelen.

Didn't we loaned out Marlon due to the limited number of Non-EU players on our team and because we bought Paulinho. So if we get Yerry Mina, how are we going to register him in our squad?

Windhook

Didn't we loaned out Marlon due to the limited number of Non-EU players on our team and because we bought Paulinho. So if we get Yerry Mina, how are we going to register him in our squad?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_FC_Barcelona_season#Squad_information
We loaned out Marlon because Coutinho (whom I believe has no EU passport) was arriving any moment from July till 1 September, remember.:lol: As you see in this Wikipedia link we have another spot for non-EU player. Two likely scenarios for winter transfer - Mina or Coutinho.

As for South Americans playing in Spain, 2 years is required to gain nationality.
While immigrants from most countries have to live in Spain for five years before they can apply for a passport, those from former Spanish colonies can do so after two years.

khaled_a_d

Why are we suddenly obsessed with CBs?

It looks like Valverdes fingerprints all over it. I honestly think he isn't convinced by all our CBs including Marlon.

2 CB is a must, right now I would say it is 2nd biggest priority after new midfielder.
Pique is declining, Mascherano should go at summer and Vermaelen is basically useless and should go

Home of Barca Fans