Barca Transfers and Rumors

M

MessiCam

Contracted to 2020 on a fat package. Guy has no ambition and would happily sit it out.

xXKonan

According to MD one of the players Valverde wants to sign in January is a CB.

Yerry is an option but Valverde is leaning towards someone that is adapted to European football at this time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Uh oh.

Another overpriced mediocre CB incoming!

Fuck what Valverde want. Fuck what Lucho wanted too.

Club should sign the best players, pronto. Get a competent guy in to judge to.

The give your coach the exact players he want experiment failed badly last time.

Givenchy

we'll most likely sign a mediocre CB but i'd be totally down with getting a world class one, VVD would be perfect and Saints would probably sell to us at a better fee than the likes of Liverpool who pissed them off. not cup tied either and it would give Pique a well needed kick up the ass, we have too many players guarenteed a spot on their name alone and we've become complacent

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
We're going trophyless if we fail to sign a proper midfielder in January, as simple as that. This squad does not have the depth needed to win a league title nor the firepower needed to in the CL. Bar any sort of Messi miracle we're going to have to settle for the Copa and that's if we're lucky and don't draw Madrid.

Iniesta is being run into the ground currently, I know he's getting subbed off every match, but this is not a player that should be starting twice in a week. Rakitic's play speaks for himself and Valverde shows no signs of wanting to drop him or giving Denis a shot.

I know Suarez is in shit form and declining rapidly, but if we manage to bring in a solid creative/attacking midfielder in January who can just get Messi the ball on the edge of the box rather than having him drop to the midfield to collect the ball and move it forward, I think we can win the league.

Iniesta's minutes are managed well, he actually doesn't play that much compared to Messi or Busi. I doubt we buy anyone in January and if we will he'll probably be cup tied.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

So in order for Valverde to hit his magical 21 squad number while bringing in an additional 2 players, 5 would have to leave...

Gomes (Tottenham), Vidal (Milan apparently interested), Vermaelen (?), Turan (Galatasaray) and Alcacer (Southampton/Lille) would be my guess. I really don't see any club going in for Vermaelen though... I'd toss Rakitic to the wolves too but Valverde seems to have a hard-on for him.

For me the CB that needs to be brought in is De Ligt, even at the expense of Mina and some money saving. The guy can play, would fit in very well at Barca, and can even be used as DM to offer Busquets some relief. He would come at significant cost I suspect but he is only 18 years old. The other position would have to be a midfielder whether that be a creative midfielder or a midfield general I don't care. Either could be workable with our current lineup.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
According to MD one of the players Valverde wants to sign in January is a CB.

Yerry is an option but Valverde is leaning towards someone that is adapted to European football at this time.

Just read that. Think he is wrong if he thinks CB is a priority and I don't like one bit he is discarding Mina (eventhough article doesn't say that).
We need a midfielder and B option in attack.

khaled_a_d

Just read that. Think he is wrong if he thinks CB is a priority and I don't like one bit he is discarding Mina (eventhough article doesn't say that).
We need a midfielder and B option in attack.

We need all of that tbh, right now I would say our needs are:
1-creative midfielder
2-Good CB
3-Attacker.

We have only 3 CB, one of them is 33, other is almost 31 who has been playing on first team since he was 19 and showing a drop in form that if continued for another few months then he is already declining as a player. Vermaelen is old,injury prone and doesn't want to be here never mind coach doesn't rely on him.
We need to tell Mascherano he can go in next summer, he served us well but it is time to be proactive in the market rather than waiting a player to be completely shit to move on, we have been just too loyal.
That will make us need two CB by next summer, and one of them need to be here by January
We need a midfielder more,we need someone who is a difference maker but we won't get that in January. So at least sort some of the CB issue already

wisconsincule

I could see us triggering Martinez buyout since we were linked to do so this summer. I don't see us making a spalshy signing unless it is locking up Coutihno for next summer. I would be more than happy if we could off load some of the dead weight.

SeloBarca

Meh, i didnt expect any title before the season started, and dont expect any now.
Theres no top notch players to get in January.
Sure we can try to get Coutinho, but theres like noone else that could actually strengthen our squad, and im done taking other teams scraps.
Rather wait until next summer in that case.

Albo

De Vrij and Gimenez would be free next summer, Manolas isn't a bad option either and his contract ends ind 2019.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Inigo doesn't convince me. Bartra is better IMO. If you're going to spend that kind of money, it should be for a top level player or a top level talent.

From what I've seen of de Ligt, he's really talented. Perhaps even more than Davinson who I'm a big fan of, but he's still so young and need to play regularly.

De Vrij and Gimenez would be free next summer, Manolas isn't a bad option either and his contract ends ind 2019.

They'll probably pass on Gimenez due to his passing ability and isn't De Vrij quite injury prone?

Last edited:

Pamela

Banned
stop dreaming about Phil. He will stay with us.

Moving to Barca is not a step forward for him. Barca will be new Milan after Messi in 1-2 years.

M

MessiCam

Moving to Barca is not a step forward for him. Barca will be new Milan after Messi in 1-2 years.
Thanks for your kind words Pam. Now hurry back to Liverpool Echo and help Klopp look for players that will actually work with his gegenpressing system, because from where I’m sitting it’s his high pressing, high line tactics and zonal box marking that have completely ruined his current crop. They’re all over the place...

8 of 11 lack the awareness to play that sort of system. Firmino isn’t a False 9’s arse either and wouldn’t make a starting 11 in most top clubs.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

How about figuring out how to win your first league title in 28 years. Coutinho dreams of coming to Barca and you're dreaming if you think Liverpool can win the title this season.

Home of Barca Fans