Barca Transfers and Rumors

Neymessi

He doesnt disappear in big games.

This shit gets parroted all the time. He has had plenty of impact in games vs Real/Barca and top CL teams in recent seasons.

Maybe its a bit of a hypebole but he performs average in the really big games. Both madrid finals and against portugal he did fuck all. Missed a penalty in one too

JamDav1982

Maybe its a bit of a hypebole but he performs average in the really big games. Both madrid finals and against portugal he did fuck all. Missed a penalty in one too

What Madrid Finals?

Are you another one quoting a game he didnt play in?

He doesnt perform average in the biggest games has been a fairly constant thorn in side of Barca and Real the past few seasons.

FC433

My ideal squad for next season:

Dembele/ New LW Suarez/Paco Messi/Deulofeu

Iniesta/ Suarez Busquets/Samper Gomes/ New CM

Alba/ Lucas Umtiti/ New CB Pique/ New CB Semedo/ Palanica

Stegen/ Jasper

Roberto and Rafinha as wild cards, especially Roberto. I would also replace either Suarez or Paco. If we are going after a starter we should sell Suarez, but if we are going to get a player like Dolberg then we should sell Paco.

LW: Lemar or Martial.
CM: Erikson, Saul, Goretzka.
CB: Mina/ Marlon
CB: Gimenez, Tah, Lemos.

4 + Samper in and Mascherano, Vermaelen, Vidal, Rakitic, Paulinho and Turan out. That is 6 out.

We have got +33m from last summer + our summer budget, let us say 80m + our next summer budget another 80m and we can spend a little extra 20m + players' sale, maybe 30m that is about 250m to work with.

Goretzka + Gimenez' contracts end this summer, so there is that as well.

We have got no excuses. Next season should be our season.

Pastore

I doubt that Paco will stay a season more. So far he doesnt receive much playing time and that wont change soon.

Neither Paulinho will be sold after a year.

SeloBarca

Busquets is our starting DM, and we rarely bring in a direct back up since he will rarely play.
For CM we need two starters and two or maximum 3
In your post you just said we are keeping Iniesta,promoting Alena and keeping Roberto and Paulinho
That is again 4 players for 2 positions that you still want to sign 2 starters. That isn't gonna happen
Look, in ideal world I want 2 CB and one of them is starter caliber (other is Mina/Marlon) , 2 CM and one attacker. But this will be costly and we will have to compromise one way or another.
This is one of the reasons I hated Paulinho deal despite him proving to be good addition so far, he is taking non-eu spot and increase the number of midfielders significantly, I just can't see us being able to convince a player like Grotzke to join us with all this players, he know that Iniesta is so far still starter and Paulinho will try to snatch that place too. And he is in full control of his destination.
We will either get 1 addition in midfield or will have to sell someone else
We will have to break the bank next year if we want to get back up top, there is no choice. 2 WC midfielders, one CM and an AM is priority. A winger talent/backup is next, and then we also need a backup CD and a striker to start phasing out Suarez. The board has been way to sloppy and slow to rebuild and it will cost us bigtime. 250-300m is likely needed.

Givenchy

My ideal squad for next season:

Dembele/ New LW Suarez/Paco Messi/Deulofeu

Iniesta/ Suarez Busquets/Samper Gomes/ New CM

Alba/ Lucas Umtiti/ New CB Pique/ New CB Semedo/ Palanica

Stegen/ Jasper

Roberto and Rafinha as wild cards, especially Roberto. I would also replace either Suarez or Paco. If we are going after a starter we should sell Suarez, but if we are going to get a player like Dolberg then we should sell Paco.

LW: Lemar or Martial.
CM: Erikson, Saul, Goretzka.
CB: Mina/ Marlon
CB: Gimenez, Tah, Lemos.

4 + Samper in and Mascherano, Vermaelen, Vidal, Rakitic, Paulinho and Turan out. That is 6 out.

We have got +33m from last summer + our summer budget, let us say 80m + our next summer budget another 80m and we can spend a little extra 20m + players' sale, maybe 30m that is about 250m to work with.

Goretzka + Gimenez' contracts end this summer, so there is that as well.

We have got no excuses. Next season should be our season.

Sell Suarez, Raki, Arda and Vermaelen.

Milan would probably take Suarez, Raki has interest from United and Arda/Verm we should just sell for cheap and cut our loses, we shifted Douglas afterall.

bring in Griezmann 100m, Goretzka on a free, Seri 40m and Inigo 30m.

Griezmann to replace Suarez, 100m will do it, Atleti would rather sell to us than Madrid and Griezmann has talked before about wanting to stay in Spain. Goretzka will be the bargain of the summer on a free, no brainer and with changes at Bayern we should swoop in and get him signed up asap. Seri and Inigo are possible if we don't fanny around the fees.

-----------MaTS
Semedo-Pique*-Umtiti-Alba
------------Busi
-------Seri-Goretzka
Messi-Griezmann-Dembele

*Inigo if Pique continues being shit

thats the dream for me but in reality? i'm sure we'll line up next season still relying on Iniesta, Raki and Suarez

SeloBarca

We wont sell Suarez for now. Messi would go nuts over it. Also, hes gotten alot of shit lately, but when he gets going, hes still the best imo. I still have hopes he can get there.

Nothanks

I disagree so much with your squad

that midfield is extremely slow, messi on the wing

not replacing gomes, paco, buying a real rightback sub not sergi roberto

inigo isn't better than pique, overhyped

stk93

martial/griezmann, coutinho/eriksen, gimenez. i prefer eriksen and martial. eriksen keep the ball very good and he is very smart and calm, suit perfect in barca. and martial is younger and cheaper than griezmann and also suit better i think (i dont know how good is griezmann as a winger). martial, messi, dembele

hulinat

We will have to break the bank next year if we want to get back up top, there is no choice. 2 WC midfielders, one CM and an AM is priority. A winger talent/backup is next, and then we also need a backup CD and a striker to start phasing out Suarez. The board has been way to sloppy and slow to rebuild and it will cost us bigtime. 250-300m is likely needed.

We've been breaking the bank every summer since 2013, so maybe just leave that digusting galactico bullshit to Madrid and focus on La masia instead.

M

MessiCam

iPhone 1575.jpg
Without spending a penny other than bringing Mina in... Not what I'd consider perfect but the the front 3 could be used interchangeably and Roberto could play anywhere in midfield particularly RCM to cover for Messi (Alena could do it too) when he drifts centrally. Alena and Arnaiz would be the big movers here through promotion.

iPhone 1576.jpg
By bringing in an additional forward, midfielder and a right back. Chose Cancelo as RB but Kimmich could also be an option. In midfield I chose Thiago over Coutinho (don't think Liverpool will allow him to leave and we need to move on) and as a forward I have Martial. Chose him over Griezmann due to age and versatilty. Again front three can be used interchangeably if and when the Messi False 9 needs to be employed.

In both instances I prefer Dembele on the left wing as an inverted wing because his preferred shooting foot being is his right.

Rakitic, Turan, Gomes, Vidal, Vermaelen and Mascherano sent packing regardless. If a forward is brought in Alcacer is sent packing too.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

We've been breaking the bank every summer since 2013, so maybe just leave that digusting galactico bullshit to Madrid and focus on La masia instead.

This is such a myth... Apart from a few promotions from La Masia Barcelona have always gone to the market.

2008/09 - Keita, Pique, Pinto, Caceres, Alves, Hleb, Henrique
2009/10 - Ibra, Maxwell, Kerrison, Chygrynskiy
2010/11 - Villa, Mascherano, Adriano, Afellay

khaled_a_d

I want us to break the bank, but we will need to spend like 400M to bring all those players while keeping as many players
My theory is that to find cheap player it is usually player who is in control of his destination (player with buyout clause,player with one year left in his contract or last year) and those usually will want to get to a very favorable situation. You can't do that when they will have to compete with so many players (Paulinho,Iniesta,Alena,Roberto & Denis) even if they were better players

Home of Barca Fans