Barca Transfers and Rumors

Co0ter

Griezmann is so, so overrated. I don't see where he would fit and he disappears in almost every major game AM has ever been in. Don't need another player looking for a new, big pay check in his late 20s. Better players out there, especially for that kind of money.

Barcilliant

Griezmann is so, so overrated. I don't see where he would fit and he disappears in almost every major game AM has ever been in. Don't need another player looking for a new, big pay check in his late 20s. Better players out there, especially for that kind of money.

He is overrated for sure. A good player but not a great one.

M

MessiCam

Griezmann is a very good player but I would rather go in for Martial at this stage. He fits the system we're trying to a tee and can play as a centre forward too when a change-up is needed.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned

^ totally agree ! ^

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Like who?

Which better players would be available for 100m?

JamDav1982

He doesnt disappear in big games.

This shit gets parroted all the time. He has had plenty of impact in games vs Real/Barca and top CL teams in recent seasons.

Jombi

4-5 great years which gives us time to see if some of our young CFs steps up or to find a WC talent.

I doubt he can play on the left wing for more than 3 years at a good level. He'll lose plenty of pace and agility by that time. And he's not really a lone striker type.

Xaviniesta

Destroyed pique and knows how to link up well with teammates. However Atlético didn’t do much so he was invisible for large portions of the game

khaled_a_d

Denis is not a midfielder for me. He is an option for the wings, or a candidate to be sold for some good price. Don't like him in a midfield 3. So that leaves for me Paulinho, Busquets and Roberto. Rakitic and Gomes sold for good money and Iniesta should play only from time to time and the easier games, with maybe minutes in the big ones like Xavi in 14-15, where he can impact the game for a limited time.

From Paulinho, Busi, and Roberto only 1 should be a starter and that's Busi, while the other 2 can be squad player who play or don't play depending on the game and the opponent.

This means we need direct Iniesta replacement, maybe Coutinho, if not possibly Lemar or some other player. And we also need Rakitic replacement, only simply better on the ball and with better passing skills. That can be Seri, or even Goretzka.

We need to sell Rakitic, Gomes, Rafinha, Arda, Vidal, Alcacer, Denis. Bring in Coutinho, Seri, Goretzka if possible, promote Alena. 7 out, only 3 in but top quality. Alena as the 4th.

All 3 players can be signed.

Busquets is our starting DM, and we rarely bring in a direct back up since he will rarely play.
For CM we need two starters and two or maximum 3
In your post you just said we are keeping Iniesta,promoting Alena and keeping Roberto and Paulinho
That is again 4 players for 2 positions that you still want to sign 2 starters. That isn't gonna happen
Look, in ideal world I want 2 CB and one of them is starter caliber (other is Mina/Marlon) , 2 CM and one attacker. But this will be costly and we will have to compromise one way or another.
This is one of the reasons I hated Paulinho deal despite him proving to be good addition so far, he is taking non-eu spot and increase the number of midfielders significantly, I just can't see us being able to convince a player like Grotzke to join us with all this players, he know that Iniesta is so far still starter and Paulinho will try to snatch that place too. And he is in full control of his destination.
We will either get 1 addition in midfield or will have to sell someone else

Home of Barca Fans