Barca Transfers and Rumors

JamDav1982

Agree we should but that's assuming you've got a sensible balance in terms of a squad age. We already had too many players in their late 20s and early 30s and Suarez along with Rakitic and Arda (and now Paulinho) increased that. We've been forced to address this with the likes of Umtiti, MATS, Dembele, Semedo and Gomes. And the ultimate signing of the present and the future Neymar left.

The Suarez signing was worth it for the treble but it's unfortunate he hasn't lived up to the billing since and now at 30 it's proved a very short term signing with no re sale value. If we had a Mbappe then that could be the striker position sewn up for a decade and at the least huge re sale (i.e. Neymar).

Suarez had another great season after the treble and although some poor matches was still scoring and assisting last season.

To say he had one good season and hasnt produced since is not true at all.

He most likely does have resale value anyway. You think not one team would be willing to pay money to take him?

If Real couldnt get Mbappe there is little chance he was ever moving to Barca and for all we know they may have tried to get him.

aaron101

Agree we should but that's assuming you've got a sensible balance in terms of a squad age. We already had too many players in their late 20s and early 30s and Suarez along with Rakitic and Arda (and now Paulinho) increased that. We've been forced to address this with the likes of Umtiti, MATS, Dembele, Semedo and Gomes. And the ultimate signing of the present and the future Neymar left.

The Suarez signing was worth it for the treble but it's unfortunate he hasn't lived up to the billing since and now at 30 it's proved a very short term signing with no re sale value. If we had a Mbappe then that could be the striker position sewn up for a decade and at the least huge re sale (i.e. Neymar).

I believe Suarez still have a good re-sale value at the end of this season or even after the next season. Many teams would still be interested with him specially Italian teams. Many Liverpool fans are even willing to take him back.

FCBfan22

Ozil and Di Maria is way out of their prime.
We have bought way to many old players and rejects from other clubs already.

But it will be very hard.
1. Players dont know what will happen now with Catalonia and might be hesitant to join us.
2. Barcelona is not the club every player dreams of playing for anymore.
3. Maybe, just maybe, Bartomeu will realize that after getting his pants pulled down this transfer window. He and the board seems to live in a bubble and think that we have the same power we did 5+ years ago

Physical players have never been our style. Gomes has turned out such a huge success...
Xavi and Iniesta, our best midfielders ever, are both 1,7m

I disagree with 2nd point. Some of the new generation of players coming up has grown up watching the Barca from around 2006 and have fallen in love with the club and players like Messi, Ronaldinho, Xavi and Iniesta. For example, one of those is Ousmane Dembele. There will always be waves of popularity of Barca and one of the peaks was the 2006-2011 era. I bet there was a lot of young kids who dreamed to play for us. Now they are around 15 years old and we need good scouts (which we don't have) to pick them up before they go elsewhere.

+The 1st point: see the Catalan Referendum topic. It is in interest of La Liga and even Real to keep us in the league. I'm almost sure of that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mbappe was never coming to Barca right now. Perhaps he'll want to move on in the future, but he rejected Real Madrid and other clubs.

Glad we got the next big thing and a guy who's performed at an equal if not better level for the French NT when they've paired up.

I have no idea about how good/talented he is but from the past experience I think it will be something like this.

- If he'll go to RM he'll turn out the next Asensio.

- If he'll come to us he'll probably be the next Halilović.

Also, I haven't found any highlights of him on youtube. Don't think that's a good sign since usually every talented youngster has a lot of videos. :)

As long as his attitude isn't shit, he won't turn out to be a Halilovic. If he comes though, we should loan him out to a club where he can play and develop like Real Madrid did with Asensio instead of playing him in a dysfunctional Barca B system.

Ritchie

I believe Suarez still have a good re-sale value at the end of this season or even after the next season. Many teams would still be interested with him specially Italian teams. Many Liverpool fans are even willing to take him back.

I think he's ideal for Serie A while he's slowing down (Juve and Tevez as a template as they're similar players). Italian teams are cheapskates though.

The reality is with Suarez we can't sell him next year if he's best mates with Messi if we want Messi to renew. And if Messi doesn't renew then we wouldn't sell Suarez and lose Messi in the same summer.

aaron101

I think he's ideal for Serie A while he's slowing down (Juve and Tevez as a template as they're similar players). Italian teams are cheapskates though.

The reality is with Suarez we can't sell him next year if he's best mates with Messi if we want Messi to renew. And if Messi doesn't renew then we wouldn't sell Suarez and lose Messi in the same summer.

Milan have money now though. The only solution I can see for Suares IF he doesn't sort his ass out by the end of this season is to bench his ass and lower his wage since we can't offload him due to his friendship with Messi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not unless he picks up form and definitely not on his current wages. There will be more hungry young strikers wanting to take his position.

One of them being Abel Ruiz I hope.

M

MessiCam

What does Suarez being mates with Messi have to do with moving the squad forward? Messi would be the first to say move him on if it meant trophies for Barca. During his tenure he has seen many greats and friends being moved out... Ronaldinho, Henry, Alves, Eto'o and Neymar.

I don't think Suarez is going anywhere though... He is having a tough time adjusting to playing as striker/left wing hybrid but he is way too good not to get up to speed eventually. He may have lost a couple of yards in pace though...

Zincubus

Banned
Suarez had another great season after the treble and although some poor matches was still scoring and assisting last season.

To say he had one good season and hasnt produced since is not true at all.

He most likely does have resale value anyway. You think not one team would be willing to pay money to take him?

If Real couldnt get Mbappe there is little chance he was ever moving to Barca and for all we know they may have tried to get him.
Maybe we should have swapped him ( Suarez) for Coutinho a few weeks ago ?

Home of Barca Fans