Barca Transfers and Rumors

Hektor

You all raised very good points. Keep in mind that I am an Argentine-Catalan (my grandparents, on both sides, were Catalanes.) I've been a Barça fan since I can remember. My allegiance is with Barcelona.

I'm only talking about one position, the creative midfielder or playmaker. The rest of the other positions, I do not have any preferences where the player comes from, except that they are good enough to play for us. I strongly believe that the probabilities of the next playmaker megastar is an Argentine, since we have created so many of them.

I never intended for 8 or 9 years old to be signed and brought over, with their immediate family, to Barcelona; that is crazy. All I want is for a potential playmaker megastar to be spotted and to follow their development, in Argentina. To establish a network of scouts to track players with such extensive number of teams is an impossible task. Argentina has 30 first divisions teams. Each of them have ~ 12 lower divisions. There two groups of 2nd division teams of 20 teams each - the National and Metropolitan leagues with its number of lower divisions teams for each team. There are the third and fourth divisions leagues. After that, there are the provincial leagues (22 provinces in Argentina.) We have provincial championships (22 of them) that leads to a national championship to determine who is promoted to the 4th division. As I said, to track the players for a playmaker, with our staff of scouts, is not only an impossible task but also nonsense. For that I envision to contract local scouts (not to employ) with probably one full-time overseer from Barça.

Maybe Argentina already has the next playmaker megastar in Paolo Dybala, but I do not think so. The few times I've seen him play, I'm not that impressed with the player.

Real Madrid and Florentino Perez are no longer going after mega transfers. Real Madrid has realized that it can no longer compete with the Premier League or teams subsidized by oil money. They are concentrating their efforts and resources in young players from Spain and all over the world. We should do the same.

PS: I forgot to mention the following. Players that are functionally illiterates with 5 cents heads, like Maradona, should not be considered. Will someone put a muzzle on that idiot; he is no longer a good player. I consider Maradona to be a national embarrassment. OK. I really have to go and pack, NOW. See you all in a 1 1/2 weeks.

Last edited:

FC433

We need to offload and bring few players in the coming window.

Vermaelen - Vidal - Turan should leave if we get decent offers.

Plancia should be promoted once Vidal leaves. I. Williams is a good option. He is strong, fast and a good finisher. Can play as a winger and as a striker I think. Valverde knows him well, which is a good thing. He can also play in the CL.

Regarding the CB, I do not really know who should target. Mina should wait until the summer.

FCBfan22

Hi, a long time lurker here. Finaly decided to register.

I know it's still September, but here are the things that I think should be done in January.

1. Give away Arda Turan for free.
2. Sell Vidal, Rafinha and Digne if possible.
3. Promote Palencia and Cucurella as 2nd choice full-backs.
4. Get Thomas Lemar (hijack the transfer from Arsenal lol) if he still wants to leave Monaco then and isn't CL bound, because he can be useful as LW or as a LM.
5. If Suarez is still terrible then and Paco still misses everything, bench Suarez, sell Paco and promote a striker (preferably one who can play as LW also) from the B team.
6. If Vermaelen is injured again sell him and promote a CB.

But knowing our board, they will go for Angel "Garden Gnome" DiMaria before doing any of the more logical things.

Joan

Like Lopez very much. I've seen few of his latest games and he's good with the ball and creative at the same time which is quite rare to find. But, there are 2 problems we'd face if we went for him. Marseille won't be willing to sell and his family is close to Zidane's who's said to be an admirer.

mdenci

With Dembele injured, I say we go for Julian Draxler. I always liked how he played, he has the pace we need, plus he is more a team player then Neymar for example, he always looks to assist rather than scoring. I don't know will PSG be willing to sell him, but the reports this summer were that they want to get rid of him.

Zincubus

Banned
With Dembele injured, I say we go for Julian Draxler. I always liked how he played, he has the pace we need, plus he is more a team player then Neymar for example, he always looks to assist rather than scoring. I don't know will PSG be willing to sell him, but the reports this summer were that they want to get rid of him.

He'd be perfect if it's true that we can get someone in NOW due to Dembele's long term injury ..
He's also surplus to requirements as Neymar has displaced him

Julien

[tw]909682177276891136[/tw]

The hell?

PSG managed to steal our Digital Director Russell Stopford.

Quick summary:

- He was the Digital Director of Man City from 2011 till 2014.
- Barccelona hired him last summer to improve our digital revenues by monetizing our brand + our social medias + our website
- He succeeded according to the link above. In one classico, he managed to work with Facebook, and Nielsen to generate videos with 60 millions people watching, and 3 millions like, it generated 1.6m euros just for this event (that's just an example)
- Dunno what salary PSG offered him but he left us, and joined them.

Big loss? :(

aaron101

As if PSG will let him come to Barca lol

gvt2000

He'd be perfect if it's true that we can get someone in NOW due to Dembele's long term injury ..
He's also surplus to requirements as Neymar has displaced him

We can't. La Liga would only allow us an out-of-window transfer if the estimated injury time were to be 5.5 months or longer. We are allowed to sign club-less players as long as we have room in the squad (We do) but between that and giving the spot to one of our youth players, i know the one I'd pick

raki

PSG will never sell him. Much less to us.

Home of Barca Fans