Barca Transfers and Rumors

gvt2000

Well said.

Such bad logic. By that logic Samper is a shit prospect because if you put him in a defensive team rather than in a possession based one at DM, he would suck. Players have their own style, and just bacause they struggle to play something else doesn't mean they are shit. Arda was one of the best midfielders in the league at Atletico. That's not even debatable. He won La Liga with them being one of the main players in the team.

The logic is that a technical player like Arda looks better than he actually is when surrounded by players who are more defensive and most of the team's offence has to go through him. He's not shit, he's just never been one of the best midfielders in La Liga. Big difference

gvt2000

In other news, Sport is now claiming that we're going to sign Seri come January. Apparently the reason we ruled him out was to focus the money on other priorities (Di Maria and Coutinho)

serghei

In other news, Sport is now claiming that we're going to sign Seri come January. Apparently the reason we ruled him out was to focus the money on other priorities (Di Maria and Coutinho)

Would be a good idea. Would be a good move for us as a club to sign the young and good players who speak out about wanting to play for us.

gvt2000

Very poor planning (go figure) by the board to sign in January a player we ruled out in august when it was practically a done deal. Apparently its contingent on Arda or Andre Gomez leaving during the same window

Trafalgar

What do you guys think about Can? he doesnt want to renew for Liverpool and he seems decent. let's get him just to piss off Loserpool.

Givenchy

What do you guys think about Can? he doesnt want to renew for Liverpool and he seems decent. let's get him just to piss off Loserpool.

don't think he'd work with our style of football. didnt he have some agreement with Juve or something anyway?

Hektor

Real Madrid signed a new Brazilian 17-year old jewel:

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...icha-brasileno-rodrigo-antonio-rodrigues.html

I have been calling for Barça to seriously scout Argentina and Brazil for young talent. Real Madrid is doing it, but we are not. We cannot continue on our spending sprees or we are going to go under. We can no longer compete with the Premier League or teams subsidized by foreign governments and oil money. This seems to be a no-brainer for me. What are we doing? Is our glorious board that useless and stupid? No, they are not, imho. The answer is obvious, I think. There is no money to be made with young talent. Their transfer fees are very small. On the other hand, there is money, lots of it, to the made in €150M transfers. Only heavens knows how much kick backs are there and who gets them.

Nothanks

I'm personally tired of these south american talent, far too many risks unless we get them very early (for barca b)
rather us scout out french, dutch, german, spanish talent rather than send our stars across the world every several months for international fixtures.

and it seems more likely than not, Brazilian players seem to cause a lot of trouble for us.

i doubt this kid nor that other 38m brazilian kid real madrid will make it to their first team.

gvt2000

Real Madrid signed a new Brazilian 17-year old jewel:

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...icha-brasileno-rodrigo-antonio-rodrigues.html

I have been calling for Barça to seriously scout Argentina and Brazil for young talent. Real Madrid is doing it, but we are not. We cannot continue on our spending sprees or we are going to go under. We can no longer compete with the Premier League or teams subsidized by foreign governments and oil money. This seems to be a no-brainer for me. What are we doing? Is our glorious board that useless and stupid? No, they are not, imho. The answer is obvious, I think. There is no money to be made with young talent. Their transfer fees are very small. On the other hand, there is money, lots of it, to the made in €150M transfers. Only heavens knows how much kick backs are there and who gets them.

Barcelona do it too, we just don't get as much press coverage as Real Madrid does.

Zincubus

Banned
Very poor planning (go figure) by the board to sign in January a player we ruled out in august when it was practically a done deal. Apparently its contingent on Arda or Andre Gomez leaving during the same window

Hasn't Arda already moved to a Turkish club or did that fall through ?

Hektor

I'm personally tired of these south american talent, far too many risks unless we get them very early (for barca b)
rather us scout out french, dutch, german, spanish talent rather than send our stars across the world every several months for international fixtures.

and it seems more likely than not, Brazilian players seem to cause a lot of trouble for us.

i doubt this kid nor that other 38m brazilian kid real madrid will make it to their first team.

That is what I'm saying. Get them early enough to be developed in La Masia and then Barça B. It does not mean that we should exclude European young talent, including Spain. We are not doing it. Are we blind? What about Messi and Neymar for example. We need to replace Iniesta. Are we scouting Argentina for example. This is the country of playmakers with Iniesta type of players? Do you want me to name some of the players that Argentina has developed in this position? Let me count them:

Pedernera, Di Stefano (the face of Real Madrid,) Sivori (the face of Juventus in his time,) Angelillo (the face of Inter in his time,) Redondo (the face of Real Madrid in his time,) Maradona (for a time ours and the face of Napoli of all times,) Bochini, (the greatest Independiente player of all times. During his time, Independiente was the king of International trophies and Maradona's idol.) Gorosito, Romagnoli (never played in Europe but were the face of San Lorenzo,) Gallardo, Riquelme (ours for a time and the face of Villareal,) D'Alessandro, Messi, Dybala (the face of Juventus now,) Pastore, etc, etc, etcetera. I'm not naming just any player. Most of them were among the all time best players for their respective teams. Can you name any European country that has produced so many quality playmakers throughout their history. I just named playmakers not DM's, area strikers, other MD's, or defensive players. Are we scouting Argentina? No, we are not!

PS: I can assure you that the next Messi is in Argentina, right now. He could be 8, 10, 12, or another very young age. How can I say that? Argentina has always had the best playmaker and/or the best player in the world. It was a succession of them. It is not a wild guess that the new one is being developed just like Pedernera (the father of the "10's.") He was followed by Di Stefano, Sivori, Angelillo, Bochini, Maradona, and Messi.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans