Barca Transfers and Rumors

Albo

We should honestly buy Papu Gomez and this isn't a joke. He was absolutely astonishing last season, would not cost a fortune either.

Edit: + we get a epic dance

Zincubus

Banned
Money still talks when it comes to most clubs. Dortmund is still a selling club, and if we throw enough money at them, they should sell Dembele. Dybala is a bit less likely and Hazard is most likely a no-go obviously.

And yeah, Nerman is screwing us over...

We'll I'd love Dybala and Couthino , though Dembele and Mbappe would be nearly as good .

No way want Hazard at all , he does my head in falling over when someone brushes past him ..plus injuries ..

Zincubus

Banned
I just don't understand why is a buyout clause only obligatory in Spain? It's unbelievably stupid and all Spanish teams are in a big disadvantage becaus of it. We lost Thiago because of it, now we'll lose Neymar just put 1bn in every fucking contract and end that shit already.

Plus we lose our youth / young players because of some loophole .. Cesc , Bellerin , Pique )

Last edited:

Nothanks

All this talk about midfielders like coutinho and verrati but we still have a huge roster of midfield.. why hasn't the board sold anyone.. i remember all these articles and rumors about the board selling "deadweight" for somewhere near 60m+ we haven't really done any deals in that aspect.

Barcilliant

Our board was caught napping in regards to the market. The EPL clubs are cashed up and then you have PSG.

Utd buying guys like Martial and Pogba was a big , flashing red light. However our complacent board thought everything was ok and went out and bought a bunch of mediocre players.

What we need is someone like Alena, Roberto to have breakout seasons. It's all ok saying buy this or that player for 100 million but that's no guarantee for success. Clubs like PSG, Utd and City have splurged without much success. Smart buys not big money transfers are the key.

Liverpool don't need to sell Coutinho. The market has changed and we need to adjust.

mark1nhu

What a disappointing transfer window, so far. And potentially getting worse with Neymar's imminent departure.

Argh.

Zuti

Our board was caught napping in regards to the market. The EPL clubs are cashed up and then you have PSG.

Utd buying guys like Martial and Pogba was a big , flashing red light. However our complacent board thought everything was ok and went out and bought a bunch of mediocre players.

What we need is someone like Alena, Roberto to have breakout seasons. It's all ok saying buy this or that player for 100 million but that's no guarantee for success. Clubs like PSG, Utd and City have splurged without much success. Smart buys not big money transfers are the key.

Liverpool don't need to sell Coutinho. The market has changed and we need to adjust.

The Pogba deal last summer was indeed a big ol flashing red light, setting Neymars buyout clause to only 222mil just a few months later was beyond stupid, oh sure we will adjust, but it will be too late.

Messi983

The Pogba deal last summer was indeed a big ol flashing red light, setting Neymars buyout clause to only 222mil just a few months later was beyond stupid, oh sure we will adjust, but it will be too late.

So a jump from 105M to 222M as a record transfer fee in one year seems normal and expected to you? No matter what happens I still think Neymar's clause is very high and under normal circumstances no club should be able to pay his clause for at least the next 4-5 years. But of course if you don't give a s*** about FFP (and PSG can do that because Qataris also have UEFA people in their pocket) and transfer is financed by 3rd party then it's possible.

If someone will mention Mbappe's potential transfer to Madrid for 160-180M. Well, first this needs to happen but even going from 105M to let's say 160M in one year is a lot. But if this will happen then it will be a "normal" transfer where Madrid will pay fee in 3 or 4 installments so much more likely and affordable then in Neymar's case when PSG has to pay his clause right away and also give Neymar astronomical wages and a big signing bonus to his dad.

People can continue to blame our board that Neymar's clause is not higher but I absolutely don't agree that it was set too low. And second, you have to get players approval when you insert buyout clause in his contract. You can't put a gun to his head so he'll accept a 500M clause. Well, PSG would probably be doing that to their players if those clauses would also be obligatory in Ligue 1 as I'm sure that Neymar Sr. would try to get his son clause as low as possible so they could escape out of PSG prison to EPL/RM in 2-3 years when they will maybe find out (especially Neymar, as his dad doesn't really care about anything other than money) that moving to PSG was a wrong decision for his career but PSG won't let him go until his contract will expire and he'll already be in his 30s.

So while I'm behind the point where I really care whether Ney stays or leaves (only good reason I prefer him to stay is because I don't believe we'll be able to get a good replacement even with 222M) I think this is something he should really think about and not just listen to his money-grabing father. But if he has decided to leave then this should happen next week at last. I don't believe we'll really get players like Coutinho, Dembele or Dybala if he leaves so for that matter I wouldn't really care if Neymar's saga would drag until the end of August as then we at least wouldn't have much time to spend that money on the likes of Paulinho but I would just like that this distraction will finally be over so EV and team could start to prepare for the season in peace.

Zuti

So a jump from 105M to 222M as a record transfer fee in one year seems normal and expected to you? No matter what happens I still think Neymar's clause is very high and under normal circumstances no club should be able to pay his clause for at least the next 4-5 years. But of course if you don't give a s*** about FFP (and PSG can do that because Qataris also have UEFA people in their pocket) and transfer is financed by 3rd party then it's possible.

If someone will mention Mbappe's potential transfer to Madrid for 160-180M. Well, first this needs to happen but even going from 105M to let's say 160M in one year is a lot. But if this will happen then it will be a "normal" transfer where Madrid will pay fee in 3 or 4 installments so much more likely and affordable then in Neymar's case when PSG has to pay his clause right away and also give Neymar astronomical wages and a big signing bonus to his dad.

People can continue to blame our board that Neymar's clause is not higher but I absolutely don't agree that it was set too low. And second, you have to get players approval when you insert buyout clause in his contract. You can't put a gun to his head so he'll accept a 500M clause. Well, PSG would probably be doing that to their players if those clauses would also be obligatory in Ligue 1 as I'm sure that Neymar Sr. would try to get his son clause as low as possible so they could escape out of PSG prison to EPL/RM in 2-3 years when they will maybe find out (especially Neymar, as his dad doesn't really care about anything other than money) that moving to PSG was a wrong decision for his career but PSG won't let him go until his contract will expire and he'll already be in his 30s.

So while I'm behind the point where I really care whether Ney stays or leaves (only good reason I prefer him to stay is because I don't believe we'll be able to get a good replacement even with 222M) I think this is something he should really think about and not just listen to his money-grabing father. But if he has decided to leave then this should happen next week at last. I don't believe we'll really get players like Coutinho, Dembele or Dybala if he leaves so for that matter I wouldn't really care if Neymar's saga would drag until the end of August as then we at least wouldn't have much time to spend that money on the likes of Paulinho but I would just like that this distraction will finally be over so EV and team could start to prepare for the season in peace.

You can agree or disagree, but the fact that someone is activating that buyout clause right now says it was set to low, simple as that. Yes, the Pogba deal was foreshadowing, and clubs these days throwing numbers like 180mil and 160mil for players like Mbappe and Coutinho is the aftermath of that. I know that a player has to agree to the buyout clause, but you would think that the board would have better negotiation skills, and not keep bending over to Ney senior.And after all that bending over he is still going to fuck us over. The whole point of the buyout clause should be that it unaffordable,especcialy for players you dont wanna sell, so whoever wants to make an approach to the player has to talk to the club. When someone does acctivate the astronomical buyout clause it leaves the club at least very rich, in this market Neymars 222mil is actually laughable, so we can buy Mbappe and have 40mil left.

Last edited:

springfield

You can agree or disagree, but the fact that someone is activating that buyout clause right now says it was set to low, simple as that. Yes, the Pogba deal was foreshadowing, and clubs these days throwing numbers like 180mil and 160mil for players like Mbappe and Coutinho is the aftermath of that. I know that a player has to agree to the buyout clause, but you would think that the board would have better negotiation skills, and not keep bending over to Ney senior.And after all that bending over he is still going to fuck us over. The whole point of the buyout clause should be that it unaffordable,especcialy for players you dont wanna sell, so whoever wants to make an approach to the player has to talk to the club. When someone does acctivate the astronomical buyout clause it leaves the club at least very rich, in this market Neymars 222mil is actually laughable, so we can buy Mbappe and have 40mil left.

No it's not. The buyout clause is still fucking high to current market prices. No one is paying 160M for Coutinho and for now there is not evidence someone wants to pay that much for Mbappe and until now the record is still something like 100. And before this transfer window no one would even think that there would be rumours like that. Players are bought for their release clause many times. Clubs don't only use it to make him stay, they also use it to make sure they get enough money to get replacements. A contract needs to be agreed on between the player and the club. If the player wants a reasonable buyout clause then it's something that will be discussed. We don't know what happened with the negotiations and what was said. If a player wants to leave then let him leave.

Zincubus

Banned

Then add that money to the cash we have and anything raised by selling Rakitic / Arda / Matheiu / etc and then by Coutinho !!!!

FinBarcelonafan

Neymar is way better player than Pogba and Neymar's name is worth a lot more(not just little). Neymar maybe the most marketable player after Ronaldo and he is done soon. Neymar will sell jerseys.. ****load of jerseys. He is the most valuable player in the world, with his potential, age and his marketing value.

khaled_a_d

You can agree or disagree, but the fact that someone is activating that buyout clause right now says it was set to low, simple as that

Figo was sold for 60M as world record in 2000 while Pogba for 105M in 2016.
16 years and the world record is yet to be doubled, to say a 210% in one summer is low isn't true. And probably the deal didn't happen till now because PSG can't find a legitimate way to pay it without risking punishment.
So no, it isn't simple as that

Home of Barca Fans