Barca Transfers and Rumors

springfield

When people say we need to replace Xavi, most of them mean a player with a similar playing style not the same level and quality. Everyone knows that a Xavi-Iniesta quality & chemistry duo is impossible to get at the moment.

And I don't understand why everyone is acting like Iniesta is not world class anymore. It's not his skills that are the problem. Barcelona had more problems when he could not play. Iniesta is the only creative midfielder in the squad, without him they lack inspiration in the midfield. That's why most of the time it was more about getting the ball as quickly as possible to MSN. Iniesta just had alot of injuries which made him play alot less. He's getting physical problems, his body has difficulties to recover... He may not have the same stamina etc, but with a Rakitic and Busquets in form next to him there would no problems.

In primera division, Barcelona had 6 draws, 3 with Iniesta not playing, one when Iniesta came after 60' (RM). All 4 losses when Iniesta was not in starting XL.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

When people say we need to replace Xavi, most of them mean a player with a similar playing style not the same level and quality. Everyone knows that a Xavi-Iniesta quality & chemistry duo is impossible to get at the moment.

And I don't understand why everyone is acting like Iniesta is not world class anymore. It's not his skills that are the problem. Barcelona had more problems when he could not play. Iniesta is the only creative midfielder in the squad, without him they lack inspiration in the midfield. That's why most of the time it was more about getting the ball as quickly as possible to MSN. Iniesta just had alot of injuries which made him play alot less. He's getting physical problems, his body has difficulties to recover... He may not have the same stamina etc, but with a Rakitic and Busquets in form next to him there would no problems.

In primera division, Barcelona had 6 draws, 3 with Iniesta not playing, one when Iniesta came after 60' (RM). All 4 losses when Iniesta was not in starting XL.

True but our dumb board let Real Madrid hoard all the best midfield talent. Our midfield was stacked at one time. Now we have old Iniesta and Gomes.
The playing style will be dictated by the players we have. Unless we get VERRATTI it's virtually impossible to play a more tiki taka , controlled style. We may as well get a creative attacking midfielder, a Kante style midfielder and a right back. Play a more direct, aggressive style. Head to head we were better then Real. We lost la Liga due to Luchos brain farts and Juve tie was bad tactics, poor finishing.

Last edited:

Giginho75

i agree about xavi-iniesta...they were a not replicable couple...
and sincerely i want to add also busquets who we know being a fantastic player and still young...

so, xavi-busquets-iniesta has been the best midfield in the history of football and it's clear we cannot have a equal "trio" for the future...

but, if we will try to sign verratti, i think we will get again one of the best midfield, because mostly busquest, but the same rakitic can give much yet...
and iniesta can be used in the best way (less matches)...

only RM would be on the same level.

Last edited:

malvolio

Why aren't we going for Goretzka? He seems a bright prospect and surely he'd do better than gomes and in the long run replace rakitic.

vuji_31

Deulofeu is not coming back so that means we will be buying RM/RW...
Hope so it is Douglas Costa or Demebele...Hope so it is not some player from Spain who costs more then 40 millions and it is bad as Gomes and Paco.

vuji_31

Yeah I didn't see the news that we actualy signed him.
That means all of Barcas money will go to Verratti and RB.

It is best what we can do now.

Sweden

Deulofeu is not coming back so that means we will be buying RM/RW...
Hope so it is Douglas Costa or Demebele...Hope so it is not some player from Spain who costs more then 40 millions and it is bad as Gomes and Paco.

Yeah I didn't see the news that we actualy signed him.
That means all of Barcas money will go to Verratti and RB.

It is best what we can do now.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/

We did.

wisconsincule

I'm too lazy to go back and look but didn't Valverde say something along the lines that he wanted our full squad (including new transfers) to start the preseason all together? Meaning our transfers should be sorted soon?

Trafalgar

-----------------Ter Stegen---------------------
Bellerin---Pique----------Masche-----Alba----
-----------------Busquets----------------------
--------Lima------------------------------------
--------------------------------Paulinho--------
---Messi----------Suarez----------Neymar----

Dreaam team :wub:

P.S: yes I'm being sarcastic

Home of Barca Fans