Barca Transfers and Rumors

i_bleed_blaugrana

My only concern with Mario is can he make runs fast enough with how quickly we move the ball. That's what makes Suarez so valuable to us, he's probably the best striker in the world in regards to how he moves and positions himself and the difference between the other strikers we've been linked to and Mario is their pace and ability to attack open holes quickly.

On paper, Mario is a good plan B, we need a goal striker. The problem is A) we just lost our best crosser in Dani, the main player who would play balls begging for a big man to knock down and B) Ibrahimovic had twice the amount of creativity, genius and technical ability that Mario Gomez has and he stuck out like a sore thumb here.

You look at Mario with Germany at the Euro this summer and he was relatively average for them. They play relatively similar football to us but a bit slower and more methodical. Like there are times Neymar and Suarez don't see the passes Messi and Iniesta try at times, I'm just wondering just how well Mario could come off the bench and make an impact in 5-7 minutes over even Munir right now. I'd roll the dice on Luan if it comes to that but perhaps the ST move can wait till January. I'd take a gamble on Nabil Fekir in January, particularly if he shows a good start coming back from injury.

It'll be interesting to see how he plays if he comes here, if he adapts well, a big striker like him would be a nice addition that we've been missing for a while.

It just seems a bit forced.

Barcilliant

Gomez is one of the most lethal players in the box imo. Atleast he used to be and showed that for Beskitas.

Sure, he probably won't dribble past 2+ players, but dribbling past 1 he can do no problem.

He can score on the edge of the box, inside the box and even has strong shots from outside the box.

Would really be that guy, who you can sub in at 85' and expect him to score. He'd do wonderfully with Leo, Rakitic, Iniesta and Busquets giving them lobs over defence. He's not too slow either.

Would be a nice plan B type of a striker which we haven't had for god knows how long.

Atleast that's my opinion.

I agree. He is a beast in the air too.

Jombi

Why do people bang on about Plan B? Where did this come from? If we were interested in that type of plan B style, we would have bought some target donkey as backup many years ago. Why do people think we havent used such target donkeys for eons?

Vilarrubi

Why do people bang on about Plan B? Where did this come from? If we were interested in that type of plan B style, we would have bought some target donkey as backup many years ago. Why do people think we havent used such target donkeys for eons?

Plan B could have been good last season against Atletico, who knows what would have happened if we'd have had a big number 9 with Messi and co crossing balls in the box with all our possession.

Personally i'd like him and a winger to rotate with Messi/Neymar but maybe that's too much.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Plan B could have been good last season against Atletico, who knows what would have happened if we'd have had a big number 9 with Messi and co crossing balls in the box with all our possession.

Personally i'd like him and a winger to rotate with Messi/Neymar but maybe that's too much.

I think D.Suarez could play both right and left wing. He is probably better on CM/AM - but he is fast, technical, has flair and agility - so he would do more than ok. And yeah I agree, Mario would be a great backup for the #9 position. Just watched his 26 goal for Beskitas and damn there are some nice ones.

Egert

Estonian Culé
If the rumors are true that Lucho wants full squad by 14th of August then we have 8 days left. Let's see who we sign. I would even be happy with Gomez right now :lol:

LordLichtenstein

I will be very disappointed if we sign another CF. We should trust in Munir.

Neymar/D. Suárez ------- Suárez/Munir ------- Messi/Turan

Iniesta/Gomes----------Busquets/Samper------Rakitic/Rafiniha

BarçaBarça

I will be very disappointed if we sign another CF. We should trust in Munir.

Neymar/D. Suárez ------- Suárez/Munir ------- Messi/Turan

Iniesta/Gomes----------Busquets/Samper------Rakitic/Rafiniha

I feel this way: Anyone who really values Munir and thinks he could be a prospect for the future team should want him to be loaned out. If he could be good enough for a starting-spot once - he would need 90 minutes every week in a La Liga team or one with similar strength. I personally don't think he is that great - we have seen him being hot and cold before - he is not reliable (and shouldn't be expected to be because of age/lack of continuity etc.). But the ones that don't value Munir that much could very well suggest that we keep him as squad depth and hinder his development. I know that a backup-striker will get a decent amount of playing time here - and certainly more than every young prospect we chase seem to think. But I don't think Munir is good enough for us to rely on him solely for that task.

I strongly wanted us to continue the 22-path and sign a young, strong forward, but as things stands it might be impossible to find the right quality - then a veteran CF wouldn't be the end of the world, but would push the problem forward and extend our search a year or two. That is not ideal, but neither a big problem, if the veteran has enough quality.

hamoon32

We must sign a right back. I don't get why we're going to spend 25m for a CF who will play 10-15 games, while we have some serious problems in RB.
Vidal is shit at defending. He is same level as douglas in term of defence. Roberto is our only reliable option there and yet he's not a world class rb. It's obvious that our first priority is to sign a good RB, and our board is so blind that can't see this!

Chong Li

Must buy a RB who can actually defend!

Vidal should only be used a RW substitute, his defensive game ist absolutely shocking.

opjeoff

Knew people would lose thier shit over todays result. Signing a RB now would be an impulse buy no doubt, give the guy a chance, and stick to the original plan before the game which was to only sign another forward which we will.

M

Messi+Eto

Knew people would lose thier shit over todays result. Signing a RB now would be an impulse buy no doubt, give the guy a chance, and stick to the original plan before the game which was to only sign another forward which we will.

Vidal?
. . . . Is that you?

Home of Barca Fans