Barca Transfers and Rumors

raki

The Mario Gomez I know (and loved) is not simply a tall striker who is lethal in the air like Mandzukic (I actually think Mandzukic is better aerially), rather he is good with his feet (which Mandzukic is not) and he links up well with other attacking players, like a poor man's version of Lewandowski if you will.

Correct

Devils

Gomez did really well at Bayern and scored a ton of goals when he was constantly being fed by creative players. I have no doubt he would do the same with like of Messi and Iniesta creating opportunities for him.

For me, he is by far the best option for us. Really hope we get him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We want the Mario Gomez song.

I'd like for Munir to get loaned out somewhere where he'll play every week. As a CF. Sitting on the bench will only further stall his development.

LordLichtenstein

We want the Mario Gomez song.

I'd like for Munir to get loaned out somewhere where he'll play every week. As a CF. Sitting on the bench will only further stall his development.
If we bring in another CF, then yes, he should be loaned out.

However, if Lucho decide to trust in him, then I hope he'll sub MSN once in a while.

Game------------Neymar-----Suárez-----Messi-----Munir
---1-----------------60----------90---------90--------30--
---2-----------------90----------60---------90--------30--
---3-----------------90----------90---------60--------30--
-Total--------------240---------240--------240-------90--

I wouldn't mind something like this. MSN will each get around 4800 (/90 minutes = 53 games) minutes, while Munir will get 1800 (/90 minutes = 20 games).

Barcilliant

The Mario Gomez I know (and loved) is not simply a tall striker who is lethal in the air like Mandzukic (I actually think Mandzukic is better aerially), rather he is good with his feet (which Mandzukic is not) and he links up well with other attacking players, like a poor man's version of Lewandowski if you will.

At this point I'd take Gomez anyday.

He has physicality and experience on his side.

Neeraj

The problem with using a big, physical striker as a plan B is that the big physical striker needs to be quite good. Your touch needs to be on point and you're going to have to contend with being the most marked person in every aerial situation, because most others on your team are very short. According to me, Gomez right now isn't someone who would convert that rare chance that you get in the box; nor is he good enough with touch and quickness of thought.

Of course, a big tall striker who is good at these things - he isn't going to want to come or be available. Therein lies our conundrum. A traditional but average no 9 , IMO, is unlikely to work. Which is why I don't mind Persie, he's a bit different and could just work (Persie might spectacularly fail too, but I feel it has a higher chance of working out)

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Gomez is one of the most lethal players in the box imo. Atleast he used to be and showed that for Beskitas.

Sure, he probably won't dribble past 2+ players, but dribbling past 1 he can do no problem.

He can score on the edge of the box, inside the box and even has strong shots from outside the box.

Would really be that guy, who you can sub in at 85' and expect him to score. He'd do wonderfully with Leo, Rakitic, Iniesta and Busquets giving them lobs over defence. He's not too slow either.

Would be a nice plan B type of a striker which we haven't had for god knows how long.

Atleast that's my opinion.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The problem with using a big, physical striker as a plan B is that the big physical striker needs to be quite good. Your touch needs to be on point and you're going to have to contend with being the most marked person in every aerial situation, because most others on your team are very short. According to me, Gomez right now isn't someone who would convert that rare chance that you get in the box; nor is he good enough with touch and quickness of thought.

Of course, a big tall striker who is good at these things - he isn't going to want to come or be available. Therein lies our conundrum. A traditional but average no 9 , IMO, is unlikely to work. Which is why I don't mind Persie, he's a bit different and could just work (Persie might spectacularly fail too, but I feel it has a higher chance of working out)

Gomez is one of the best true 9 left in football, dunno what you're talking about.

Home of Barca Fans