User Tag List

Page 23 of 630 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast

Thread: Barca Transfers and Rumors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    The Mario Gomez I know (and loved) is not simply a tall striker who is lethal in the air like Mandzukic (I actually think Mandzukic is better aerially), rather he is good with his feet (which Mandzukic is not) and he links up well with other attacking players, like a poor man's version of Lewandowski if you will.
    Correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gomez did really well at Bayern and scored a ton of goals when he was constantly being fed by creative players. I have no doubt he would do the same with like of Messi and Iniesta creating opportunities for him.

For me, he is by far the best option for us. Really hope we get him.
    Puyol #5

Flavia
    Gomez is by far a better option than Luan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    Gomez is by far a better option than Luan.
    There's always at least one person trying to advocate for a player, no matter how mediocre.

High Definition Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sign Gomez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    There's always at least one person trying to advocate for a player, no matter how mediocre.
    Lots of people are advocating for the mediocre Gomez in here. We have already signed one mediocre Gomes. We dont need another one.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzah View Post
    Sign Gomez
    Si.

Mario Gomez, Mario Gomez, Mario Gomez

Cha, Cha!

Coutinho Aleñá
    Busquets

Make Barcelona's Midfield Great Again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust in Munir.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We want the Mario Gomez song.

I'd like for Munir to get loaned out somewhere where he'll play every week. As a CF. Sitting on the bench will only further stall his development.
    Coutinho Aleñá
    Busquets

Make Barcelona's Midfield Great Again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post

I'd like for Munir to get loaned out somewhere where he'll play every week. As a CF. Sitting on the bench will only further stall his development.
    He had alot of game time last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post

If we bring in another CF, then yes, he should be loaned out.

However, if Lucho decide to trust in him, then I hope he'll sub MSN once in a while.

Game------------Neymar-----Suárez-----Messi-----Munir
    ---1-----------------60----------90---------90--------30--
    ---2-----------------90----------60---------90--------30--
    ---3-----------------90----------90---------60--------30--
    -Total--------------240---------240--------240-------90--

I wouldn't mind something like this. MSN will each get around 4800 (/90 minutes = 53 games) minutes, while Munir will get 1800 (/90 minutes = 20 games).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    The Mario Gomez I know (and loved) is not simply a tall striker who is lethal in the air like Mandzukic (I actually think Mandzukic is better aerially), rather he is good with his feet (which Mandzukic is not) and he links up well with other attacking players, like a poor man's version of Lewandowski if you will.
    At this point I'd take Gomez anyday.

He has physicality and experience on his side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with using a big, physical striker as a plan B is that the big physical striker needs to be quite good. Your touch needs to be on point and you're going to have to contend with being the most marked person in every aerial situation, because most others on your team are very short. According to me, Gomez right now isn't someone who would convert that rare chance that you get in the box; nor is he good enough with touch and quickness of thought.

Of course, a big tall striker who is good at these things - he isn't going to want to come or be available. Therein lies our conundrum. A traditional but average no 9 , IMO, is unlikely to work. Which is why I don't mind Persie, he's a bit different and could just work (Persie might spectacularly fail too, but I feel it has a higher chance of working out)
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

Gemusesuppe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gomez is one of the most lethal players in the box imo. Atleast he used to be and showed that for Beskitas.

Sure, he probably won't dribble past 2+ players, but dribbling past 1 he can do no problem.

He can score on the edge of the box, inside the box and even has strong shots from outside the box.

Would really be that guy, who you can sub in at 85' and expect him to score. He'd do wonderfully with Leo, Rakitic, Iniesta and Busquets giving them lobs over defence. He's not too slow either.

Would be a nice plan B type of a striker which we haven't had for god knows how long.

Atleast that's my opinion.

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
    The problem with using a big, physical striker as a plan B is that the big physical striker needs to be quite good. Your touch needs to be on point and you're going to have to contend with being the most marked person in every aerial situation, because most others on your team are very short. According to me, Gomez right now isn't someone who would convert that rare chance that you get in the box; nor is he good enough with touch and quickness of thought.

Of course, a big tall striker who is good at these things - he isn't going to want to come or be available. Therein lies our conundrum. A traditional but average no 9 , IMO, is unlikely to work. Which is why I don't mind Persie, he's a bit different and could just work (Persie might spectacularly fail too, but I feel it has a higher chance of working out)
    Gomez is one of the best true 9 left in football, dunno what you're talking about.