Barca Transfers and Rumors

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So height is everything now? Looks like some people don't know that most of the greatest players there have ever been were or are so called.....midgets.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So height is everything now? Looks like some people don't know that most of the greatest players there have ever been were or are so called.....midgets.

I just find it rich that he, at 5'5" or 1.65m thereabouts, is going around calling players his height or taller "midgets." It's fucking hilarious.

khaled_a_d

I just find it rich that he, at 5'5" or 1.65m thereabouts, is going around calling players his height or taller "midgets." It's fucking hilarious.

People call basketball players who are 5'10 midgets all the time despite the fact that average male height worldwide is around 5'7. football is just like most sports a game of people with above average height tbf to gasgas.

That said,we probably have one of the tallest teams since Pep took over

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
But we don't even have a team of midgets by modern football standards. They're all average to slightly above average height. So his point still doesn't make much sense. Not to mention that height doesn't always equate to strength which I think is the point he actually wants to make, that our midfield needs more strong players.

Sneer

Banned
bpabtkN.png

Sneer

Banned
Do you expect the wingers to cover the gaps in flanks in both the midfield and defence? They would be exhausted 10 minutes in! We don't have the personnel to play 3 at the back effectively.

Well Neymar can come half way, when we are defending and for the right wing. . . Thats why we have a second holding.

Messi983

Sorry, but that lineup has no balance. Even in Cruyff's times that would be suicidal let alone today when opponents are generally more organized.

gasgas

Well Neymar can come half way, when we are defending and for the right wing. . . Thats why we have a second holding.

Neymar is already playing too deep for his skilltype and now you want to do the same for the right winger as well?

Very very unstable,
Those flanks look tasty for the opponent

You're calling yourself a midget, just so you know.
Nah bro
I am tall enough for my profession, and when in my population i am either average/slightly above average in height. So why would i be a midget if i am not even in the short category in my country.
If i were living in Europe, i would be a midget. But i am not.
You can't call a person short based on stats from people living in another country, another continent

Who said height is everything?
My point is if player A and player B have the same abilities but player A has a few more things like Height, Age, Right attitude and many others in favor of him then i would take him because we can use them. I didn't say Dembele is better than Lemar because he is taller. I said i would prefer Dembele because it's taller. It's something we could use.
You say most of the greatest players were midgets? How do you define a midget?
List top players and identify midgets among them...
Otherwise they

Giginho75

Watching Messi today I see he already kind of plays like a CM (with no defensive duties). If you're really looking at it he is actually what we need in a Central Midfielder...

instead i think the current position is the best for him...
and starting from RW he can move everywhere, also in the center as you said...
often, during the match, this genius changes position...

Home of Barca Fans