Barca Transfers and Rumors

Raketa10

With that logic, yes.
But I have wrote a lot of times that our 433 isn't working for years.
But people always have 100 of alibis and everything else is at fault, and not 433.

For example:
2012: Pep abandoned 433
2013: Tito played a few formations. In general, we started to be too one dimensional, especially in Europe. But people will say: we sucked because a coach was ill.
2014: Tata's team sucked hard. We still had Xavi, Iniesta and a Rb.
2015: The only time in the last 6 years when 433 worked for 12 Months.
2016: Stupid Lucho, no midfield, people will say. But we still had Msn, Busi, Iniesta, Alves and sucked so hard in the 2nd part of 2015/2016.
2017: 433 was an ultimate horror show this season. Blah blah, Lucho, no midfield, no Rb.

433 sucked majority of time in the last 6 years.
And this summer, at best, we'll get Ballerina and some random Cm.
In a 433, Alba will still suck. Bellerin won't be the next Alves. Midfield will be more or less the same. Msn will be dead tired, Messi will drift in the middle, Neymar will do dribbles with zero end product, Suarez and Raki will struggle with simple passes.

At best, we will get 1-2 new starters and you expect that 433 will return to it's glory days from 7-10 years ago?

Well, be prepared for a lot of disappointments with a good old 433.

Before someone says that Rm plays 433:
1. They can rotate their attackers
2. They can score goals both with feet and head, unlike us
3. They have better midfield
4. They have fullbacks with a higher Iq
5. They have a physically stronger team

So, 433 in general isn't dead.
But THIS version, which we are forcing, with slow, old and tired players who play only through the ground is sooooo dead.

I don't know why are we so obsesed with formation. Either way we need new RB, new CM player, new RW and another young CB. Our main problem are players not formation. And why do we need to stick with 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 all of the time? Formation can be changed depending on the opponent. Against Getafe 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 can work just fine but against strong opponents we could play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or even 4-4-2 but for any of those formations we need new players and if we don't do a good job this transfer window we will have big problems next year and we might not recover for a long time.

gasgas

[MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION]
for dynamic i mean a player able to run for all the match, clever in the movements and hard in the clashes with opponents (i think rafinha has these capacities)...

anyway, we have to wait valverde...

Rafinha may have those capacities but Roberto is better at them. I mean who made a run at 90th minute dribbling past Modric, Marcelo and others for our classico winning goal? He is more clever in movements, and dribbling, also tougher in clashes vs opponents that's why he was preferred for the RB role which is very challenging defensively. I think Valverde agrees with me ;)

I don't know why are we so obsesed with formation. Either way we need new RB, new CM player, new RW and another young CB. Our main problem are players not formation. And why do we need to stick with 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 all of the time? Formation can be changed depending on the opponent. Against Getafe 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 can work just fine but against strong opponents we could play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or even 4-4-2 but for any of those formations we need new players and if we don't do a good job this transfer window we will have big problems next year and we might not recover for a long time.
Because some fans think 433 is the only formation Barca should play

Raketa10

[MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION]
for dynamic i mean a player able to run for all the match, clever in the movements and hard in the clashes with opponents (i think rafinha has these capacities)...

anyway, we have to wait valverde...

With all do respect Rafinha is a definition of an average player. He is slow, clumsy on the ball, injury prone and ads nothing to our team. He is not half of the player his brother is.

For me also Roberto has much bigger capacity in all fields we just need to utilize him properly.

gasgas

With all do respect Rafinha is a definition of an average player. He is slow, clumsy on the ball, injury prone and ads nothing to our team. He is not quarter of the player his brother is.

For me also Roberto has much bigger capacity in all fields.
fixed it for you

Giginho75

I must agree with gasgas 3-4-3 is a suicide against top teams!

i don't know...
probably barca is born to play with four defender...
but more important is the shape of the players in thst moment and mostly the defensive attitude of the team...

paris and turin are the evidence...
the team suffered all the times the opponents were near our penalty area...

Raketa10

The thing I emphasized so many times Rafinha and Denis have exactly the same problem. I really don't know what their position is? Maybe RM or LM in 4-4-2 system or CAM in 4-2-3-1...

Either way they are not Barca quality. Honestly I expected more from Denis but he literally played one or two good games this season. Every time he was on the field he was like a ghost and during entire season he didn't improve at all. He is definitely faster and better on the ball than Rafinha but he clearly lacks strenght, defending abilities and tactical awareness.

I would sell them both without any hesitation.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

4-3-3 with Messi at RW is a problem. So whoever the manager that comes and asks us to play a suicide formation, he is the one to be sold

You mean to tell me we have never played both Sergi Busquets and Robeto in midfield at the same time?
Well they won Euro twice and world cup with that pivot
It only got bad once signs of aging started showing up with Xabi, Xavi all aging at the same time and unable to run

We have and they werent that great.
In 2008 Spain played Xavi-Iniesta.
Spain struggled badly creating from midfield in 2010 and 2012 (except final) and only won by cheer brilliance by Iniesta who basicly won the tournament alone.
Spain didnt play well as a team. Neither have we when we played double pivot.
We need a creative midfielder next to our offensive midfielder.

But I have wrote a lot of times that our 433 isn't working for years.
Our 4-3-3 havent worked becouse we havent had the material to use it.
It relied on Xavi-Iniesta-Busquetes but as Xavi grew older, so did the system become weaker.
And when Xavi left, and an aging Iniesta, it has basicly collapsed.
You need a surtain type of midfield for it to work at our level of play.
A DM, a creative CM and a ballcontrolling AM.

Last edited:

Giginho75

With all do respect Rafinha is a definition of an average player. He is slow, clumsy on the ball, injury prone and ads nothing to our team. He is not half of the player his brother is.

For me also Roberto has much bigger capacity in all fields we just need to utilize him properly.

fixed it for you

ok, for you two rafinha is waste, is an unuseful player...
not for me...but will decide valverde... ;-)

thiago wonderful player, i agree...

Interlop

Watching Messi today I see he already kind of plays like a CM (with no defensive duties). If you're really looking at it he is actually what we need in a Central Midfielder, Messi is not only the one who scores but he also starts the attack, sets the tempo, and makes those insane passes, he may be the best Midfielder in the world. That being said I think by moving Messi in the center in a 4-2-3-1 formation we need a RW, the problem is I don't see any RW on the market who can make our squad, maybe Mahrez will be willing to join. We also need a RB, so a huge overhaul to our right starting side. In the mid complementing Busquets I think we can get away with Rakitic and Gomes(if he is not sold.)

Jallo

Watching Messi today I see he already kind of plays like a CM (with no defensive duties). If you're really looking at it he is actually what we need in a Central Midfielder, Messi is not only the one who scores but he also starts the attack, sets the tempo, and makes those insane passes, he may be the best Midfielder in the world. That being said I think by moving Messi in the center in a 4-2-3-1 formation we need a RW, the problem is I don't see any RW on the market who can make our squad, maybe Mahrez will be willing to join. We also need a RB, so a huge overhaul to our right starting side. In the mid complementing Busquets I think we can get away with Rakitic and Gomes(if he is not sold.)

I think Ousmane Dembele (can play both as he is ambidextrous and Lemar (More of a LW, but can cut in and shoot from the RW and can drop into the Midfield from time to time) can do the job.

Jallo

I think Ousmane Dembele (can play both as he is ambidextrous and Thomas Lemar (More of a LW, but can cut in and shoot from the RW and can drop into the Midfield from time to time) can do the job.

gasgas

I think Ousmane Dembele (can play both as he is ambidextrous and Thomas Lemar (More of a LW, but can cut in and shoot from the RW and can drop into the Midfield from time to time) can do the job.

I prefer Dembele because he is also taller
We have enough midgets already

Barcilliant

Right wing? Vidal? Delofeu?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Deulofeu is back to his old shit at Milan. Would not bring him back, unless it's to flip him for more than we bought him for (which we can't do by the terms of the buyback).

Home of Barca Fans