Barca Transfers and Rumors

hulinat

Pointless speculation as if were going to switch from 433 to 4231 anytime soon. None of Busi, Iniesta and Rakitic fit into that system, unless you sell those worthless shits and sign some true playbois like Verratti and Herrera to replace em'.

gasgas

Changing to a 4-2-3-1 means having a strong, dynamic midfielder alongside Busquets. A player like Arturo Vidal or Fabinho who seem to be on his way to the Premier League.

It also means signing a RW.

Would people be happy with a midfield duo of Busquets and Roberto and our RW being Deulofeu?

Deulofeu. I think Vidal is a better RW basing on what he displayed at Sevilla

That is what i said few posts back, we need to sign players to play 4231, if we can well and good. I still think that a mix of 433 and 343 should be used. We can't sign a player in the mold of Verratti, there is no one available. Name a good defense minded midfielder who is fast and physically strong and very good at passing, that is what barca needs for 4231.

Lol yeah. I mean if we can't sign good players we need to field a formation that will get the best out of current players. If busi can't adapt we will play gomes or what?

343 is crap. Against WC wingers it is suicide. We only played it because we lacked good fullbacks

both are very good players for different reason...
i don't think roberto so better than rafinha...
i like rob, but raf helps more in defense...

anyway i repeat...
it's sure we will have as usual a great team next season, but the most important thing is improving mostly in the defensive behaviour of all the team, because i never want see again two games as in paris and in turin...
Lol, Roberto has actually played in defence. How Rafinha helps more in defence is a mystery

gasgas

Changing to a 4-2-3-1 means having a strong, dynamic midfielder alongside Busquets. A player like Arturo Vidal or Fabinho who seem to be on his way to the Premier League.

Either that or a midfielder like Verratti, Kroos, Thiago, like Athletic have Benat.

It also means signing a RW.

Would people be happy with a midfield duo of Busquets and Roberto and our RW being Deulofeu?

Well, by that logic, if the manager wants to play 4-3-3 he can tell Messi to play on the RW. And if he doesn't want to, he can be sold.

4-3-3 with Messi at RW is a problem. So whoever the manager that comes and asks us to play a suicide formation, he is the one to be sold

No, no it did not. Would be even more disastrous against better oponents than it already is.
both Spain and Barcelona played much much worse every time they used double pivot.
Xabi-Busquetes sucked balls.
You mean to tell me we have never played both Sergi Busquets and Robeto in midfield at the same time?
Well they won Euro twice and world cup with that pivot
It only got bad once signs of aging started showing up with Xabi, Xavi all aging at the same time and unable to run

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi at the RW is not a problem if we have a midfield and RB that are able to get the ball forward to him.

Either way, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-4-2

Just numbers.

Fluidity and a balanced team is required no matter the formation.

gasgas

Even if true, then what, we should play 433 until Busi retires since he can't play in a double pivot system?
Imo, no player is bigger than a team.

If Valverde wants 4231, do it.

Busi, well, he can adapt, get benched or get sold if the team will play better in 4231.

Our team sucks with 433 versus Busi sucks in 4231.
A no brainer in my eyes.

My question exactly

Pointless speculation as if were going to switch from 433 to 4231 anytime soon. None of Busi, Iniesta and Rakitic fit into that system, unless you sell those worthless shits and sign some true playbois like Verratti and Herrera to replace em'.

Iniesta is old and being phased out, Rakitic is no longer good enough for our starting lineup and all three look crap in 433. Enough reasons to switch formation

Messi at the RW is not a problem if we have a midfield and RB that are able to get the ball forward to him.

Either way, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-4-2

Just numbers.

Fluidity and a balanced team is required no matter the formation.

Perhaps but midfielders suggested here don't bring any form of balance, majority of them are anarchy players. Players who will try a rainbow pass before they pass the ball to Messi, others are weak and can't even win the ball back so that it can be given to Messi

Giginho75

[MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION]
isn't a mistery rob played as lateral defender
in the midfield, in my opinion, rafinha is more dynamic...
indeed until his injury, raf played good games...
anyway will be valverde to decide...
the only one untouchable in the middle is busi...

hulinat

My question exactly

Iniesta is old and being phased out, Rakitic is no longer good enough for our starting lineup and all three look crap in 433. Enough reasons to switch formation

Nope and no, both of them are crucial players for this team. You don't just turn from world class to pure shit in 12 months. When the team is being managed by a person who plays fucking Gomes as a fullback, you don't have to look hard to find who's at fault here.

ps. Iniesta and Rakitic aren't the only 'underperformers' here, Suarez, Busquets and Alba have all been super inconsistent for a very long time, Neymar has been trash and the entire team relies on Messi doing his thing. When Pique was going through his shit period after Puyi's retirement, there were talks of selling him to Chelsea for fucking 30m lol. My point is that all the players above are still world class and have a lot to give for this club and they're not being sold/replaced anytime soon.

Last edited:

gasgas

Nope and no, both of them are crucial players for this team. You don't just turn from world class to pure shit in 12 months. When the team is being managed by a person who plays fucking Gomes as a fullback, you don't have to look hard to find who's at fault here.

Rakitic was a one season wonder, actually half season wonder. Iniesta is aging, he started aging a while a go and it's downhill from here.
Gomes playing at RB has nothing to do with losing the ball more than usual, being slow and not bothering at all to defend

isn't a mistery rob played as lateral defender
in the midfield, in my opinion, rafinha is more dynamic...
indeed until his injury, raf played good games...
anyway will be valverde to decide...
the only one untouchable in the middle is busi...

I think Roberto's play as RB this season and DM last season prove that he is better at defending, aerially and on the ground. What is dynamic to you?
And BTW Rafinha is as injury prone as it gets, not a player i will rely to play pivot with Busquets

BBZ8800

Well, by that logic, if the manager wants to play 4-3-3 he can tell Messi to play on the RW. And if he doesn't want to, he can be sold.

With that logic, yes.
But I have wrote a lot of times that our 433 isn't working for years.
But people always have 100 of alibis and everything else is at fault, and not 433.

For example:
2012: Pep abandoned 433
2013: Tito played a few formations. In general, we started to be too one dimensional, especially in Europe. But people will say: we sucked because a coach was ill.
2014: Tata's team sucked hard. We still had Xavi, Iniesta and a Rb.
2015: The only time in the last 6 years when 433 worked for 12 Months.
2016: Stupid Lucho, no midfield, people will say. But we still had Msn, Busi, Iniesta, Alves and sucked so hard in the 2nd part of 2015/2016.
2017: 433 was an ultimate horror show this season. Blah blah, Lucho, no midfield, no Rb.

433 sucked majority of time in the last 6 years.
And this summer, at best, we'll get Ballerina and some random Cm.
In a 433, Alba will still suck. Bellerin won't be the next Alves. Midfield will be more or less the same. Msn will be dead tired, Messi will drift in the middle, Neymar will do dribbles with zero end product, Suarez and Raki will struggle with simple passes.

At best, we will get 1-2 new starters and you expect that 433 will return to it's glory days from 7-10 years ago?

Well, be prepared for a lot of disappointments with a good old 433.

Before someone says that Rm plays 433:
1. They can rotate their attackers
2. They can score goals both with feet and head, unlike us
3. They have better midfield
4. They have fullbacks with a higher Iq
5. They have a physically stronger team

So, 433 in general isn't dead.
But THIS version, which we are forcing, with slow, old and tired players who play only through the ground is sooooo dead.

gasgas

Actually it was Mathieu-Pique-Umtiti and it was the worst suicide ever :lol:

There's a reason why other teams play with atleast 4 defenders

Even Chelsea. Their 3-4-3 consists of wing backs who essentially join in a 5 man backline when defending

Giginho75

for dynamic i mean a player able to run for all the match, clever in the movements and hard in the clashes with opponents (i think rafinha has these capacities)...

anyway, we have to wait valverde...

Home of Barca Fans