Barca Transfers and Rumors

gasgas

That is the reason why we can't have a double pivot with Busi in line up. He is not comfortable in that place.

Why not, we have played Sergi Roberto with Busquets a few times in midfield and it worked quite well
Not every double pivot must consist two Mascheranos

Most double Pivots consist of a pure DM, and a defensively solid dynamic midfielder/box to box. examples Juventus' Khedira-Pjanic, Bayern's Alonso-Vidal etc

Icarium

Lifestealer
Why not, we have played Sergi Roberto with Busquets a few times in midfield and it worked quite well

Most double Pivots consist of a pure DM, and a defensively solid dynamic midfielder/box to box. examples Juventus' Khedira-Pjanic, Bayern's Alonso-Vidal etc

We have had this discussion before. Even by your examples you can clearly see why it won't work. Both of them are not physically strong. Busi is very slow and does not tackle and battle it out physically against stronger midfielders, simply put he can't. Roberto can be decent but only if we had a physical DM like Xabi. Two man midfield of Roberto and Busi can easily be overrun especially when Messi drifts off in free roaming position in attack, he does that when he just finishes off some incredible run. Walks here and there and slowly goes to deep to get the ball.

Giginho75

maybe we forget we already have dynamic midfielder, probably underrated...

rafinha...
in my opinion he's very useful...
dynamic and with good technical capacity...

gasgas

maybe we forget we already have dynamic midfielder, probably underrated...

rafinha...
in my opinion he's very useful...
dynamic and with good technical capacity...

Roberto is miles ahead of Rafinha as a midfielder, even more so as a partner for Busquets in the double pivot. Rafinha fits in the wings but even there he is not fast enough. And isn't he made of glass?????

We have had this discussion before. Even by your examples you can clearly see why it won't work. Both of them are not physically strong. Busi is very slow and does not tackle and battle it out physically against stronger midfielders, simply put he can't. Roberto can be decent but only if we had a physical DM like Xabi. Two man midfield of Roberto and Busi can easily be overrun especially when Messi drifts off in free roaming position in attack, he does that when he just finishes off some incredible run. Walks here and there and slowly goes to deep to get the ball.

Suggest players who are better defensively and technically at the same time. One who can cover Busquets and Messi and still play well in attack. I hope you don't suggest players who are worse than Roberto defensively:D

Last edited:

gasgas

Another interesting observation.
Why are we concerned with displacing Iniesta from the starting 11 eleven before Rakitic? Rakitic has been the worst of our starting 3 midfielders this season. If anyone should be displaced first it's Rakitic followed by Iniesta

DHorozov

Don't get this midfielder frenzy. If Valverde comes and plays his system, we'll clearly need a right winger more.

That is why I am really unhappy we did not go for Silva (or maybe we had, but he chose City, who knows) ... it is true that Valverde needs to step in and see what he needs, but with Silva we could have had a player who can play either in the midfield and on the right wing.
And for that price in today's market (damn, he cost City as much as Real will pay for some 16 years old kid)

khaled_a_d

Why are you so sure he will play a 4-2-3-1? If he plays that formation you really think Busi and Roberto can hold the midfield? I don't think so. We just don't have the player to play a double pivot and i am not sure if Busi can perform in a double pivot.

Didn't he use it for most of his coaching career?
I don't think anyone is sure,but this is a reason we should be cautious with what we are thinking the club we are going to do.
The coach philosophy this summer determines our target in a way that didn't happen for years tbh. it all starts with his philosophy and everything else follow

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didn't he use it for most of his coaching career?
I don't think anyone is sure,but this is a reason we should be cautious with what we are thinking the club we are going to do.
The coach philosophy this summer determines our target in a way that didn't happen for years tbh. it all starts with his philosophy and everything else follow

Used 4-3-3 in his previous clubs too.

Seems more likely he'll go back to that. Different situation in Bilbao where you have a limited set of players and have to play to their strenghts to do well.

If he want a 4-2-3-1, then a guy like Fabinho is perfect, but guess what, he's probably going to City too. Perhaps Deulofeu will be our signing of the season and play as the RW.

Would be a perfect transfer window, wouldn't it.

gasgas

Seems more likely he'll go back to that. Different situation in Bilbao where you have a limited set of players and have to play to their strenghts to do well.

If he want a 4-2-3-1, then a guy like Fabinho is perfect, but guess what, he's probably going to City too. Perhaps Deulofeu will be our signing of the season and play as the RW.

What resources do we have for a 3 man midfield

BBZ8800

That is the reason why we can't have a double pivot with Busi in line up. He is not comfortable in that place.

Even if true, then what, we should play 433 until Busi retires since he can't play in a double pivot system?
Imo, no player is bigger than a team.

If Valverde wants 4231, do it.

Busi, well, he can adapt, get benched or get sold if the team will play better in 4231.

Our team sucks with 433 versus Busi sucks in 4231.
A no brainer in my eyes.

SeloBarca

No, no it did not. Would be even more disastrous against better oponents than it already is.
both Spain and Barcelona played much much worse every time they used double pivot.
Xabi-Busquetes sucked balls.

Last edited:

serghei

Even if true, then what, we should play 433 until Busi retires since he can't play in a double pivot system?

Busi, well, he can adapt, get benched or get sold if the team will play better in 4231.

A no brainer in my eyes.

Well, by that logic, if the manager wants to play 4-3-3 he can tell Messi to play on the RW. And if he doesn't want to, he can be sold.

Icarium

Lifestealer

A no brainer in my eyes.

That is what i said few posts back, we need to sign players to play 4231, if we can well and good. I still think that a mix of 433 and 343 should be used. We can't sign a player in the mold of Verratti, there is no one available. Name a good defense minded midfielder who is fast and physically strong and very good at passing, that is what barca needs for 4231.

Well, by that logic, if the manager wants to play 4-3-3 he can tell Messi to play on the RW. And if he doesn't want to, he can be sold.

Lol yeah. I mean if we can't sign good players we need to field a formation that will get the best out of current players. If busi can't adapt we will play gomes or what?

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Don't even say it - I can't stand more mediocre players at this club :shakeshead: It would be such a bad decision to bring him back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Changing to a 4-2-3-1 means having a strong, dynamic midfielder alongside Busquets. A player like Arturo Vidal or Fabinho who seem to be on his way to the Premier League.

Either that or a midfielder like Verratti, Kroos, Thiago, like Athletic have Benat.

It also means signing a RW.

Would people be happy with a midfield duo of Busquets and Roberto and our RW being Deulofeu?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans