Barca Transfers and Rumors

Jombi

You his agent or something? Team of the season in Brazil don't mean shit mayn.

Also Gomez's time at Forentina was marred by his injury troubles. He scored 20+ goals with Besiktas last season. And the Turkish league is better than the Brazilian league.

Sure, I said he was better than Munir and now you try to be all smug and funny? Why not argue like an adult?

The Turkish league isnt better than the Brazilian league. Gomez was really bad for Fiorentina. Cant blame that all on injuries. Whenever he played he sucked. He's 31 years old and is likey to be even worse in the coming year or two. His ball control is really bad as well. He'll be awful in our system. Rusty as hell too.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'd take Gomez over some nobody from Brazil. I don't want us to end up with a deadweight who'll never amount to anything.

Devils

Gomez was garbage in Fiorentina and he will be garbage for us as well. You dont seem to know anything about Luan. Just "brazilian=never heard of=doublas"-type logic.

I know Luan scored 25 goals in over 100 apps for Gremio.

We are looking for a striker and this guy has poor scoring stats in BRAZIL.

I don't need to watch him to watch or know much about him to know that he isn't a prolific goal scorer.

Jombi

A grand total of 0 actually. :troll:

So you have never seen him play, know nothing about him and thats why you dismiss him? Thats ridiculous. Watch the Olympics then. He's in the Brazil squad and could start up front with Ney and Gabriel Jesus.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So you have never seen him play, know nothing about him and thats why you dismiss him? Thats ridiculous. Watch the Olympics then. He's in the Brazil squad and could start up front with Ney and Gabriel Jesus.

I plan to.

But neither his "highlights" nor his stats leave me impressed.

Jombi

I know Luan scored 25 goals in over 100 apps for Gremio.

We are looking for a striker and this guy has poor scoring stats in BRAZIL.

I don't need to watch him to watch or know much about him to know that he isn't a prolific goal scorer.

We are actually looking for someone who can play numerous positions up front because a pure striker will never get enough playing time. Luan is that type of player while Gomez the donkey will play 5 games in total all season if he signs for us and be rusty as hell if he gets to play.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Gomez the donkey? The guy was very good in his prime. Come on. And you whine when we call Luan a nobody?

Trickykid

We are actually looking for someone who can play numerous positions up front because a pure striker will never get enough playing time. Luan is that type of player while Gomez the donkey will play 5 games in total all season if he signs for us and be rusty as hell if he gets to play.

Do you have a source for that? Because AFAIK, none of our two primary targets so far this window (Vietto and Gameiro) can play on the wings.

Jombi

Gomez the donkey? The guy was very good in his prime. Come on. And you whine when we call Luan a nobody?

I just comment on people who mock players they are absolutely clueless about and have never seen play. It looks ridiculous. "a nobody" means nothing when people are ignorant.

Jombi

Do you have a source for that? Because AFAIK, none of our two primary targets so far this window (Vietto and Gameiro) can play on the wings.

Gameiro and Vietto are far more mobile forwards than someone like Gomez. Who knows if they were our primary targets though. We regularly sign players out of nowhere. Sport and MD are by and large pretty clueless.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I just comment on people who mock players they are absolutely clueless about and have never seen play. It looks ridiculous. "a nobody" means nothing when people are ignorant.
Which is fair and square...

However, unless of course you watched every single match Gomez played for Fiorentina, then it ends up sounding somewhat hollow when you yourself can say something like this:

...Gomez was really bad for Fiorentina. Cant blame that all on injuries. Whenever he played he sucked. He's 31 years old and is likey to be even worse in the coming year or two. His ball control is really bad as well. He'll be awful in our system. Rusty as hell too.

Home of Barca Fans