Barca Transfers and Rumors

xXKonan

Herrea did work with Valverde I believe for one season though before he joined United in the summer of 2014. Interesting enough according to transfermarkt his contract expires next summer in 2018.

But I could see United giving him a new deal here soon though.

Barcilliant

1495663348864.jpg

Sport already at it on what Valverde wants. and it's Ander Herrea.
Lol no way Utd and especially Mourinho would sell him to us. Sheer rubbish rumour.

khaled_a_d

The rumor (which could be false obviously) is about what Valverde want not what we get. Herrera could be keen on going back to Spain to play under his former coach and at the age of 28 this could be last chance for him to do so and with one year left in his contract if he says he wants to move they won't have much option but to sell.
I don't mind him as a player but would want someone younger,I mean 28 isn't exactly old but on the other hand we are actually old team. would prefer someone in the 23-26 age group.

One interesting thought is that I think Herrera -if true- might be sort of indication of 4-2-31 as he would fit a lot beside Busquets for a build up 2 DM formation.

Zinedinho

One interesting thought is that I think Herrera -if true- might be sort of indication of 4-2-31 as he would fit a lot beside Busquets for a build up 2 DM formation.

I don't see that as a clue regarding our system. Herrera could very well fit our classic 4-3-3 too.

behindbrowneyes

Herrera is a great player but I never considered him as a possible transfer target as he plays for United. As he has just a contract for one more year he could be available quite cheap though.

JamDav1982

Would be very surprised if United let him go, but he'd be an incredible signing.

They will give him a lot more money to stay than Barca would to sign him which will probably swing it.

Valverde and Herrera did not always see eye to eye either.

Only way this happens is if Herrera has strong desire to finish his peak years in Spain but always comes across as happy at Man Utd and is an important player there.

fergus90

They will give him a lot more money to stay than Barca would to sign him which will probably swing it.

Valverde and Herrera did not always see eye to eye either.

Only way this happens is if Herrera has strong desire to finish his peak years in Spain but always comes across as happy at Man Utd and is an important player there.

Absolutely. Won their player of the season too, and if i'm not mistaken had more assists,tackles and interceptions than anyone in the Premier League. Seems to have really found his feet there.

Sorin

Don't think Herrera is what Barcelona needs at this point. He is both a little old and not good enough. I mean how much better than Rakitic is he? Not much if any better at all. Would rather give more chances to Alena if we don't sign someone who is a clear upgrade on Rakitic.

I do want someone who is world class or might become world class in the next seasons and is reasonably young. Why not go for Weigl? Not exactly the same position as Herrera, i know, but he could play in a double pivot with Busi and give him enough rest over the year in a 4 3 3 setting while eventually taking his place down the road. Still just a suggestion, not that we should definitely go for him. Would still be a better signing.

Why go for someone who doesn't have much room for improvement and is arguable that he is an upgrade as it is? Doesn't make sense. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the newspaper's laziness as per usual though. Find someone who once played under the new manager and then link him with the club. The level of these journos is that fecking shit.

Edit: plus he's a cunt of the highest order giving Alba a run for his money. He's also a loose canon sometimes. Can't predict when he goes all in and tries to brake a few bones. Yeah, do not want.

Last edited:

Windhook

Off the hype train. A triumph in Europa League against Jong Ajax doesn't make you world class player. Until yesterday nobody thought of this guy and now he is "the next Iniesta, vol. 31". :lol: BTW Ajax played entertaining football, while Mourinho's side was just countering.

Home of Barca Fans