Barca Transfers and Rumors

RevoTeller

Bring Eto'o back instead. That'd actually be awesome if he was up for it(and didn't demand high wages which he'd probably do lol).

Eto'o and Gabriel Jesus for the future and close the Summer for incoming transfers :coffee:

I completely agree with this!
Bring back the legend Eto'o, someone who truly understands what is to play for the Barça shirt. Last year he scored 20 in Antalya supported by a team of nobodies, I can assure he still would get in the double digit with the Barça team behind him. He would also be a true leader and a guide for NeyBar, teaching him a lesson or two about how truly being winners (as he did in 2013 with Hazard, as Hazard himself said).
Let's do a Larsson again and bring the legend back! Still better than Gignac and basically all the other names (bar one or two) I'm hearing.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I do agree regarding Eto'o. He would help the team a lot and is already popular with the fans. He is 35, but he's still fit. If we can't get a good younger player than having someone like Eto'o here wouldn't hurt us at all. He'd probably help Munir develop and even give Munir more chances.

F

Flavia

Very useful as B option.

Useful for what? He's a has been, like Llorente. Wouldn't bring anything new or useful to the team. Just would get there and do nothing, as he did for france.
The "b option" he could provide, Pique can do too. Big target man to head crosses.

serghei

Useful for what? He's a has been, like Llorente. Wouldn't bring anything new or useful to the team. Just would get there and do nothing, as he did for france.
The "b option" he could provide, Pique can do too. Big target man to head crosses.

He's a target man, but he is also pretty technical for his height. As for his contribution for France, he was unlucky not to win them the Euro, being pretty influential after he came on the field. If he can make his mark on a Euro final like that, absolutely embarassing Pepe (one of the best defender in the world) with a great dribble in a tight space, maybe he could be a useful sub.

F

Flavia

He's a target man, but he is also pretty technical for his height. As for his contribution for France, he was unlucky not to win them the Euro, being pretty influential after he came on the field. If he can make his mark on a Euro final like that, making a fool out of Pepe, one of the best defenders in the world, maybe he could be a useful sub.

I didn't see all this influence in any of the games he played. France could've done much better with gameiro or lacazette. I still prefer to use Pique to signing Gignac. His wages are also too high for what he'd do.

serghei

I didn't see all this influence in any of the games he played. France could've done much better with gameiro or lacazette. I still prefer to use Pique to signing Gignac. His wages are also too high for what he'd do.

Again, one inch to the right and we would've been talking about France's hero right now. He won't cost as much as other players, he has experience, and is a pretty skillful player for his height imo. There are certainly some advantages in signing a player like that (not necessarily Gignac). I take that thing with Pique as a CF as a joke. I wouldn't be too upset if we sign an older striker, but one who has scored a lot of goals in his career. Gignac scored 23 goals for Marseille less than a year and a half ago, he is certainly a striker with good numbers.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Again, one inch to the right and we would've been talking about France's hero right now. He won't cost as much as other players, he has experience, and is a pretty skillful player for his height imo. There are certainly some advantages in signing a player like that (not necessarily Gignac). I take that thing with Pique as a CF as a joke. I wouldn't be too upset if we sign an older striker, but one who has scored a lot of goals in his career. Gignac scored 23 goals for Marseille less than a year and a half ago, he is certainly a striker with good numbers.

I don't think it's by accident he's playin in mexico now. And Eder was portugal's hero, but that doesn't make him good enough for Barça.

serghei

I don't think it's by accident he's playin in mexico now. And Eder was portugal's hero, but that doesn't make him good enough for Barça.

Eder didn't score over 20 goals in Ligue 1 in 2014/15. And we're not bringing a no9 who is good enough to start because that is impossible, we're bringing a prolific scorer who would be content with sitting on the bench and helping when he's being counted on, without making much fuss in the process.

Anyway, it's probably bullshit from MD that we're in for Gignac. But if we are, I'm just saying it's not really bad news for me. The discussion was about veterans and young guns for that no9 sub, and Gignac fits well in the "veterans" field, without being extremely old.

I could say very well that it's not by accident that he was part of the France NT squad at this Euro.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You guys need to understand that this player won't even play much because we have Suarez, name one club apart from Madrid that has an amazing backup striker.

Of course we weren't going to get someone like Gameiro or Bacca to be our backup. They are too good to be a number two striker. You guys are turning your noses up at players who are more than good enough to be number two striker.

serghei

You guys need to understand that this player won't even play much because we have Suarez, name one club apart from Madrid that has an amazing backup striker.

Of course we weren't going to get someone like Gameiro or Bacca to be our backup. They are too good to be a number two striker. You guys are turning your noses up at players who are more than good enough to be number two striker.

Yea, exactly. I'm seeing Lacazette's name being mentioned. WTF! No top player in his prime would come to sit on the bench at Barcelona. And let's face it. It's not like they will challenge one of the MSN for a first 11 option. That's bullshit. Top players know this very well. No matter who we bring, that player we'll have problems of some nature (too old, too expensive, not experienced, not very good, injury problems etc.).

Players like Cignac or Gomez might come because being on the bench at Barca and playing limited minutes is still better than what they have now (Turkey and Mexico football). That's the most powerful incentive for a player to come at a team where he'll be a sub most of the time.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member

So if Suarez is out you'd move our best centre back to striker position and ruin our whole team, ok.

F

Flavia

Eder didn't score over 20 goals in Ligue 1 in 2014/15. And we're not bringing a no9 who is good enough to start because that is impossible, we're bringing a prolific scorer who would be content with sitting on the bench and helping when he's being counted on, without making much fuss in the process.

Anyway, it's probably bullshit from MD that we're in for Gignac. But if we are, I'm just saying it's not really bad news for me. The discussion was about veterans and young guns for that no9 sub, and Gignac fits well in the "veterans" field, without being extremely old.

I could say very well that it's not by accident that he was part of the France NT squad at this Euro.

He was because deschamps is clueless. Picking Giroud and Gignac as fwd's says a lot. It'd be terrible news to me. Paying 4m to a player who would add nothing it's not good news, or business. I'm sure Robert can do better than gignac. Munir is a better option, actually.

Home of Barca Fans