Barca Transfers and Rumors

mark1nhu

Coutinho isn't even Liverpool's most important player. Sadio Mane is. Coutinho struggles to influence the game, he has his magical moments. We need someone who can exert more control and more influence on the game than that.

I honestly believe Coutinho could do better with us, since he would have other players to share the workload, diminishing his inconsistence impact in the game.

And I see him being the closest player to Iniesta, in terms of raw ability (although a little bit different). Coutinho + Verrati (both impossible, IMHO) would be a lesse talented Xaviesta duo, in my mind.

Vilarrubi

I honestly believe Coutinho could do better with us, since he would have other players to share the workload, diminishing his inconsistence impact in the game.

And I see him being the closest player to Iniesta, in terms of raw ability (although a little bit different). Coutinho + Verrati (both impossible, IMHO) would be a lesse talented Xaviesta duo, in my mind.

Agree 100% with both. Would be a dream to get those too, but unlikely.

Barcilliant

Fuck, I hate it when people bring up VERRATTI.

It ain't happening folks!!

Remember Thiago Silva?!

He was always flirting with us so he could get a pay rise.

Verratti is PSG s most important player. PSG have alot of money and are a club on the up. LoL at how some people think we can throw big money at players and their clubs will sell.

The Barca brand is big but nowadays $$ signs are even bigger. Besides we have gone Galactico and look at our state. The squad lacks balance, quality and youth.

mark1nhu

Fuck, I hate it when people bring up VERRATTI.

It ain't happening folks!!

Remember Thiago Silva?!

He was always flirting with us so he could get a pay rise.

Verratti is PSG s most important player. PSG have alot of money and are a club on the up. LoL at how some people think we can throw big money at players and their clubs will sell.

The Barca brand is big but nowadays $$ signs are even bigger. Besides we have gone Galactico and look at our state. The squad lacks balance, quality and youth.

That's why i specifically wrote the word IMPOSSIBLE in my post.

Barcilliant

I still think Sampaoli isnt the right option. Not to say he isnt a great manager though. I do want a change in system though and he would provide that.

Keep our players we have now. We have one of the most competitive squads in world football, however we do need a change in system which could prompt a few signings and sales. Keep Paco, he hasnt been good enough this season but I still think hes our answer.

So who is the right choice for manager??

We need someone who is great tactically and a great motivator too. Only black mark against Sampaoli is the fact that he's not ex Barca or Dutch.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Yep, I think Coutinho has enough talent to succeed at Barca and there were already talks about Barca monitoring him closely last season. It wouldn't be easy or cheap to get him though.

Vilarrubi

Besides we have gone Galactico and look at our state. The squad lacks balance, quality and youth.

I agree with what you said about everything, especially we need balance quality and youth. La Masia is not what it used to be.

But our only two "Galactico" signings were Suarez and Neymar, which helped form the best attack ever IMO..

The fact we bought players who weren't proven at a high level (Gomes, Paco, Denis,) and Arda who didn't really fit our style.

We should have bought another midfielder who played at a high level.

Messi983

Another name...

[tw]832594657838243840[/tw]

Balague is reporting we've asked Celta about loan of Hugo Mallo but it's very unlikely/impossible they'll let him go.

xXKonan

That's the issue we were always going to encounter.

Those players like Capa,Mallo,Gaspar,Castro etc weren't going to be realistic at this point. but if the reports are true if we pay the 10 mil Eibar wants for Capa we could but I doubt we even have 10 million right now for him.

raki

When i look at our main rival midfield and see Modric,Kroos,Isco and Kovacic i get frightened for the future. We have Iniesta,Gomes, Rakitic,Rafinha.
Disturbing....
We could have bought Pjanic last summer and Kovacic a year ago. These kind of choices are terrifying.
I´ll excuse Kroos and Modric because we had Xavi and Iniesta but on even that point Madrid had Modric and Kroos and they add Kovacic and Isco. Even James.

We bought overpaid and/or overage players of the like of Arda, Gomes,Alcacer.

Our squad is so worst than them. Only a miracle orquestrated by MSN, Iniesta,Busi,Alves and Pique in recent years save some dreadfull transfer policies.

At this moment the players we need are either "impossible" to get or cost over 70M. It´s very worrying.
Iniesta is 32. He has 2 years, at most. With this inflated market we dont have the money to rebuild.

SeloBarca

Its worrying indeed.
Its even more worrying that i think it wont get solved during the summer and next year will be even worse.
Theres simply no players available of the sort that we need.
We coulda gotten them but instead went with "proven" LaLiga players.
Barcelonas scouting is awfull, people on this forum does a better job finding talents.
I got so much shit for critizising the midfield "were fine in midfield" "were overstacked" "we have one of the best midfields in the World", but it seems everyone has turned their capes.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Its worrying indeed.
Its even more worrying that i think it wont get solved during the summer and next year will be even worse.
Theres simply no players available of the sort that we need.
We coulda gotten them but instead went with "proven" LaLiga players.
Barcelonas scouting is awfull, people on this forum does a better job finding talents.
I got so much shit for critizising the midfield "were fine in midfield" "were overstacked" "we have one of the best midfields in the World", but it seems everyone has turned their capes.

We are overstacked in midfield but with a whole bunch of mediocre players.

Home of Barca Fans