Barca Transfers and Rumors

Hamzah

High Definition Member
A decent player wouldn't accept a bench role. The player will not be good but good enough for rotation or emergencies

F

Flavia

Coub5uDUMAEB4Ca.jpg

Really MD?

:facepalm:

This better be a joke...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
A decent player wouldn't accept a bench role. The player will not be good but good enough for rotation or emergencies

That doesn't mean you go out looking to sign mediocre players because you think they're the only ones who would accept the move.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Gignac was a good scorer in French league which is a defensive league, and he'd sit in our bench without complaining

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That doesn't mean you go out looking to sign mediocre players because you think they're the only ones who would accept the move.

Between that and still having no player late in the window because our targets were unrealistic and getting ripped off for even the mediocre players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
These myths about the defensive leagues Ligue 1 and Serie A are still going on? Thought they were busted when Giroud scored 20 and Luca Toni was joint top-scorer in 2014 season with Icardi.

I liked Luca Toni when he was younger, fitter, but when the 38 year old version of him scores 20+ goals then you start to question the level and the ultra-defensive myth about it all.

And being defensive doesn't mean the defensive quality itself is high. Could just be that it's tactically more defence-oriented, but if you got poor defenders even in such a setup then it's really not that effective.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
A young forward might be a mistake, more expensive and the guy wouldn't develop anyway with limited minutes. Also in an emergency say Suarez is out for a big cl game, we'd have a raw inexperienced player when we need a right now type of player.

I want an old washed up player who would fit perfect. He'd sit on the bench and play in the crap games. And in a big cl game emergency situation he could still be useful

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No dude, you want an experienced player who can make an impact. Not a washed-up player who's content to sit on the bench, party, and collect a paycheck and winner's medals.

xXKonan

Someone like Gameiro would've been really useful. but not for the price Sevilla wanted for him.

Gignac? I don't have the same feeling. he wasn't good at the euros, and he's probably on high wages as well. at this point I would rather Keep Munir or get Luan than signing Gignac.

God Serena

A young forward might be a mistake, more expensive and the guy wouldn't develop anyway with limited minutes. Also in an emergency say Suarez is out for a big cl game, we'd have a raw inexperienced player when we need a right now type of player.

I want an old washed up player who would fit perfect. He'd sit on the bench and play in the crap games. And in a big cl game emergency situation he could still be useful

Having an old man content with being benched constantly wouldn't help us in a pinch any more than having an inexperienced player would.

There is a middle ground, here. 22 and 32 aren't the only age groups out there.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Obviously I want the player to make an impact :lol:

But we are going for guys like Gameiro who is a waste of time going for. He costs a lot and should be a first teamer somewhere. The young guys like Jesus are too expensive and not developed yet, and they wouldn't develop behind Suarez.

A guy like mandzukic could come and not expect to play but still be useful for rotation and emergencies. Maybe gig Mac isn't good enough but my main point was don't be opposed to an older experienced striker.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Having an old man content with being benched constantly wouldn't help us in a pinch any more than having an inexperienced player would.

There is a middle ground, here. 22 and 32 aren't the only age groups out there.

I think the old player would be more useful than the young one. Of course if there is some mug out there in the prime of his career willing to not play much then buy him, but I doubt you'll find a player like that

F

Flavia

Gignac wouldn't be useful for anything. Way better to keep Munir.

Home of Barca Fans