Barca Transfers and Rumors

xXKonan

img_rbravo_20161216-233146_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_no_archivables_md-17.jpg

BBZ8800

Im not sure Barca fans will settle for "decent", even if he is a sub.

Our Rbs in the last 10-12 years were:
1. Belletti
2. Oleguer
3. Dani Alves
4. Sergi
5. Vidal
6. Montoya

Only Alves was a world class.
If Srna will play as his usual self, he will be better than Belletti, Oleguer, Vidal and Montoya and probably better than Sergi, who is not a Rb.

Measuring Rbs with Dani Alves is almost like measuring Cms with Xavi's level.
No one will be the next Xavi, but also, no one will be the next Alves.

Dado

Madrid press claim we don't have cash for Srna even.

If i understand he wanted a 2 year contract (4 milion per year) while Barca offered 1 year... later Barca modified that to 2 years but for half the money (2 milion per year) thus giving Srna the desired contract lenght but keeping the money at 4 milion total.

Raketa10

If i understand he wanted a 2 year contract (4 milion per year) while Barca offered 1 year... later Barca modified that to 2 years but for half the money (2 milion per year) thus giving Srna the desired contract lenght but keeping the money at 4 milion total.

I think we offered him 1,5 years not 2. That would be 3 mil in total.

Messi983

I would agree with that if anyone would think that Srna would get 10M per year but we all know he won't. And we can easily afford to pay 2-3M for (hopefully) useful (backup/squad) player at a position of need. Also, this season we would only have to pay half of his contract if we sign him.

Messi983

I think Soriano would be more of a winger than CM for us, so Arda is more likely to leave than Rakitić, IF we sign him. But this is most likely BS from Italian media. I like Soriano but Italians historically didn't do well at Barça* or La Liga in general with some obvious exceptions like Vieri or Rossi. Villarreal is La Liga team where they fit the best for some reason. Rossi was very good before injuries ruined his career, now Soriano and Sansone are doing well and even Bonera had some solid games for them last season. But looking at this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_La_Liga_players there are clearly way more flops than at least average players there. I only talk about their time in Spain as some of them were good in Serie A but most were/are just average players at best during their whole careers as well.

*Motta was the best of them but he's a Brazilian brought through La Masia who just started to play for Italy NT when he was around 30 so I don't really consider him as Italian and most people will probably agree with that. Similar case with Franco Vazquez.

Edit: I almost feel like BBZ writing this post. :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans