Barca Transfers and Rumors

Devils

We all know it's going to be either Srna or Cancelo.

In fact I bet we will get Srna and sign a pre-deal with Cancelo for the summer.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Srna is most likely in January, but it's hard to tell what's going to happen in summer, maybe will get new coach and he'll choose what RB is best for him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Palencia will be 21 in 3 months. I guess Lucho doesn't see him as Barca material at all but I am not surprised as nowadays at Barca players of 23-34 are deemed youngsters.

Dado

Srna? His game is on a decline for quite a while now. He has not made a decent cross in the box for the croatian national team for about 6 years (yes you read it right six fuc*ing years he has been useless ofensivly). I cannot say about his performances at Shaktar since i really dont watch the ukranian league...
If he chose to spend 90% of his career in Ukraine he should finish it there as the team captain.
If he comes to Barca it will be half the salary and the bench for him 100%.

Raketa10

Srna? His game is on a decline for quite a while now. He has not made a decent cross in the box for the croatian national team for about 6 years (yes you read it right six fuc*ing years he has been useless ofensivly). I cannot say about his performances at Shaktar since i really dont watch the ukranian league...
If he chose to spend 90% of his career in Ukraine he should finish it there as the team captain.
If he comes to Barca it will be half the salary and the bench for him 100%.

This is not correct. He had GREAT Euro this year. People in Croatia tend to disrespect him for not being great for past few years in national team but honestly our team was shit for majority of that time. Is Rakitic great in national team? No. Was Modric great in majority of games for national team? No! Our team was led by highly incompetent managers after Bilic left and that is also one of the reasons. Do you think Shakhtar would pay him 4mil annually if he was not able to make a cross for 6 last years?

He is for sure not as good as he was 5 or 6 years ago but to say he was shit all of the time for national team is simply not true. Point is we can't buy Fabinho or some great RB this winter and Cancelo is simply not good enough in defense so Srna is logical backup decision for short term period.

I am also sure that he can teach Roberto how to improve his game at RB position. No one is expecting from him to play huge part in games against Real or Bayern at this age but at least we would get reliabe RB backup and definite upgrade over Vidal for 2 mil.

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I really like Moses. I have watched him since his time at Wigan. He is a winger but the guy is a really talanted hybrid. Dont know how much chelsea will accept but if its under 30 million he would be worth it. He is a Barca fan and admitted that his dream is to play for us.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
This guy is not only a great footballer but a great person too. I hope he has a successful time here if he comes.

Jallo

If you don't know if he plays for them how the hell do you know he is defensively bad as Vidal? It's obvious you do not watch Valencia games. In am not saying he is good defensively, he actually isn't but some people here are throving conclusions out of nowhere and based on nothing.

That said I would go for Srna as a short term solution. He is the only resonable solution for RB position in January and even if he fails here it wouldn't expensive. I am following this guy for his entire career and even if he is old and past his prime I can guarantee you he will give his best every single time he'll play. This guy is full of experience, he is a true fighter and great leader. So let's go for him!

I have seen him play for a couple of times for Portugal and the couple of times his played for Valencia against Barca, I have been less than impressed. I don't think we will sign anyone in the Winter window by the way.

xXKonan

Srna would be a good mentor for Roberto.

His best years are behind him obviously but his experience should help Roberto out a lot.

raskolnikov

The transfer we needed most. With srna in we can bech Sergi and/or rotate him with Busquets.
Next year we can buy a better rb and bring Samper back. That would be great and give us plenty of rotation material especially with srna still here then.
I would also prefer a Larsson type striker but I dont think there are any available. Lets just hope Paco gets his act together then.

BBZ8800

Srna? His game is on a decline for quite a while now. He has not made a decent cross in the box for the croatian national team for about 6 years (yes you read it right six fuc*ing years he has been useless ofensivly).

This summer. Quite a few decent attacking actions, crosses, passes:

Home of Barca Fans