Barca Transfers and Rumors

Ritchie

MD's editor must have been hammered when he made the decision to print this.

I know Lucho doesn't care about La Masia and to be honest, there aren't many players who look like they are worth caring about at the moment. But there needs to be better scouting instead of us being linked to bums like Ivanovic.

The transfer policy has been broken for a while now (as has La Masia).

Barca are still just about getting by on a once-in-a-lifetime golden generation of talent that came through around the same time (Messi, Busquets, Iniesta, Pique and Xavi and Puyol a few years before). 6 players who were or are arguably the best in the world in their position and apart from Pique's small buy back clause they didn't cost the club anything.

Last edited:

xXKonan

With all the cheap Veteran RB name's being thrown around by MD and Sport for the winter market.

one name I'm surprised we haven't been linked with is Mathieu Debuchy. Considering we have a habit of buying and overpaying for Arsenal players who are either injury prone or not good enough for us I'm shocked we haven't been linked with him. :lol:

Galning

Why not slowly introduce Palencia and see what he can do? He's been playing really well for the B team this season.

Jallo

It'd help if La Masia wasn't going through a major dry spell. That combined with Lucho's general attitude towards it.

It's a big problem though because a lot of money Barca are spending traditionally would have been saved as we'd have LA Masia players. Bellerin and Grimaldo could be part of the squad which would mean we wouldn't have needed to sign Digne and another right back next year. We'd have produced a forward which meant we didn't need to sign Alcacer. Then the money could go on two top midfielders to sort the team out.

Then again the money wasted on Gomes and Turan could have been combined and spent on a top midfielder.

We had Grimaldo and Munir, and we let them leave for free. Guadiola always took a chance on young player, most young talent develops in the first team. Player like Busquets and Pedro we never be ready enough for this Barca team. Why can't Samper Back up Busi right now, he would learn behind him. Why wasn't Grimaldo given a chance look at what he is doing with Benfica. Munir was showed impressive progress from year 1 to year 2, with limited action. In the preseason he look like he had taken another step forward, but instead we go ahead and give on him, cause he isn't as good as the MSN. We have no patience or guts to take a chance on our own youth players. Why isn't Palencia atleast called up to practice, casue he isn't ready. If that is the new rule then LA Masia is going to be dry for a long time.

khaled_a_d

Guadiola always took a chance on young player, most young talent develops in the first team.

How many young players did Pep promote in 3 years with Bayern? I am not 100% but it looks close to zero
How many players Pep promote in his 1st 3 years here? only 3 players (same as Lucho).
How many of those players wasn't part of the players he coached with B team? answer is zero.
How many players he promoted that had an actual long term role in the team? only Pedro & Busquets. Both were players he knew very well as Barca B coach.
tbf we can add Thiago to the list if his situation was handled better.
Lucho isn't blessed with an academy as good as the one Pep had,you can blame the coach all we want but the fact remain that we don't have the talent. Grimaldo is he only one proving he was worth the chance.
Munir is a back up striker in average Valencia team,Samper is back up midfielder in an awful Granada team. you can't seriously argue that those players deserved to be back up here. We clearly needed reinforcement in attack but we got our choice wrong (we tried to get Dembele,Gamiero,Vietto and may be even others b4 Paco)
And Pedro was ready for 1st team when he got promoted,and Busquets was way more developed than any young players Lucho had the chance to work with -even those he didn't promote-not named Neymar.

jamrock

At this point Munir and samper would be no worst than the players he said that were suppose to be better than them. Soo yeah.

serghei

In my opinion we need to be in the market for 1) A starting RB, 2) A top defensive midfielder who could also play CM.

I really like William Carvalho from Sporting, and I also like Nzonzi from Sevilla.
As a RB, we should go for Fabinho.

If Lucho goes, I really like Pochettino and Sampaoli. I believe they are two of the best managers around.

Last edited:

Jombi

Fabinho, Thomas Lemar and Mahmoud Dahoud should all be no brainers for us to go after in the summer. We've p**** away huge amounts of money and need to buy smart. Dahoud has a year left on his contract next summer.

Fabinho, Thomas Lemar and Mahmoud Dahoud should all be no brainers for us to go after in the summer. We've p**** away huge amounts of money and need to buy smart. Dahoud has a year left on his contract next summer.

Lemar isn't a cheap transfer, far from it.

Nice's Ricardo Pereira is a right back we should keep an eye out for. Rumor is Juve wants him to replace Lichtsteiner.

Jombi

Lemar isn't a cheap transfer, far from it.

Nice's Ricardo Pereira is a right back we should keep an eye out for. Rumor is Juve wants him to replace Lichtsteiner.

True, they would have been much cheaper in the summer when I wanted us to buy them. Ricardo Pereira is a great alternative and was my favorite as well (together with Sidibe from Lille before he signed for Monaco) to replace Adriano as he can play both LB and RB. We would have been much better off buying a versatile full back than someone who can only play on the left.

Barcilliant

Darius is as slow as a turtle. He reminds me of Gomes.

Home of Barca Fans