Barca Transfers and Rumors

Jombi

I'd love Coutinho but I think he'll be way too expensive and unavailable.

We can move for Fabinho, Thomas Lemar and they'll cover CM, DM, AM, RB, LF and RF. Fabinho could be our new Yaya Toure. He can play CM, DM and RB. Just as Yaya, he'll join from Monaco and he can be an even bigger success than Yaya. We already got our new Abidal in Umtiti and now its time to move for Fabinho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd love Coutinho but I think he'll be way too expensive and unavailable.

We can move for Fabinho, Thomas Lemar and they'll cover CM, DM, AM, RB, LF and RF. Fabinho could be our new Yaya Toure. He can play CM, DM and RB. Just as Yaya, he'll join from Monaco and he can be an even bigger success than Yaya. We already got our new Abidal in Umtiti and now its time to move for Fabinho.

Is Fabinho that good as a midfielder?

BarçaBarça

Just get Coutinho and Bellerin or Fabinho next year. N'zonzi as well to cover Busquets.

Bellerin is just a go-to RB because everyone knows his name. I'm sure there is someone cheaper who would be a smarter choice.
And if we go for Coutinho, why not pay the extra sum to get De Bruyne (who is better, imo)? Are Coutinho much more available?

But people are also overreacting a little. Lets wait and see how Gomes and Denis are doing the rest of this season before flushing them out in January.

Last edited:

Ritchie

Bellerin is just a go-to RB because everyone knows his name. I'm sure there is someone cheaper who would be a smarter choice.
And if we go for Coutinho, why not pay the extra sum to get De Bruyne (who is better, imo)? Are Coutinho much more available?

But people are also overreacting a little. Lets wait and see how Gomes and Denis are doing the rest of this season before flushing them out in January.

You're not going to get a player out of City without it being on their terms. Since their takeover they haven't sold anyone unless they've wanted rid. It's like trying to prize the best players out of PSG.

Zincubus

Banned
Robert needs to prepare everything so we can sign a new RB immediately when the transfer window opens! We can't afford luxury to negotiate during entire January we need as new RB ASAP!

You're wasting your time preaching here .... Most think Swrfi Roberto walks on water and won't have a word said against him ... I gave him a hard time and they I love the guy

Jombi

Is Fabinho that good as a midfielder?

Yes, he definitely is. A good balance between great defensive qualities, great at beating his man, very good range of passing and a great eye for the goal. I'd love to see Raki given more attacking freedom as well.

gasgas

Now my verdict for our transfer window is out and it's 5/10

We were bad.

Missed out on very good players
Some players we brought were mediocre e.g Paco, too slow e.g Gomes

We could have done better

Horatio

You're welcome
I never said he was fast.
He has potential but he's too slow
And we lack pace

But you are giving him as an example of a bad transfer period also saying we could have gotten better players. One will only read that as Gomes not being good enough according to you. This is strongly in contrast with what you have been saying for weeks in the player's thread.

gasgas

But you are giving him as an example of a bad transfer period also saying we could have gotten better players. One will only read that as Gomes not being good enough according to you. This is strongly in contrast with what you have been saying for weeks in the player's thread.
He has high potential.
That's what I have always said.
He's good
We could have got better e.g gundogan, kante

As Barca I expect us to sign the best available options not their alternatives

zanela

I wasn't exactly pleased with our summer acquisitions, less so the MFs. The fact that we haven't secured an elite MF talent is worrying unless someone like Alena steps up and fulfils his potential.

mark1nhu

He has high potential.
That's what I have always said.
He's good
We could have got better e.g gundogan, kante

As Barca I expect us to sign the best available options not their alternatives

We lost Gundogan waaaaaaaaaay before the last transfer window.

Home of Barca Fans