Arda - sell or keep?

Should he stay or should he go?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

I think this week at England will probably paint a clearer image about him. If he's training hard and trying to impress Lucho, I guess he'll stay. But I'd rather his minutes went to other players.

Pablo Escobar

Sell only if we spend that money on someone like Mustafi so the profit isn't just cash in the bank account but materialized with another player, yeah, then I would sell him with option 2. Option 1 doesn't seem realistic while 3 would mean we would give him away for almost nothing, would rather prefer not to look again like someone desperate to sell, like it happened with Ibrahimovic and Chygrynskyi.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Sell him and buy a RB please.... That way not only are we getting a good RB to try & fill the boots of Dani, but also replacing Arda with a better mid fielder in Sergi!

PS: We would also be bringing down the wage bill.... Probably just by a bit, but it's still something!

Last edited:

El Flaco

We should at least let him prove himself for an another season.

Keep Arda.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I compare keeping Arda for another season to our dilemma of giving Tata another season after 13/14. Sure he hasn't had that much time, but some things are just so clearly wrong that there's no point extending it. I don't think Arda can offer anything to our midfield that we don't have in better players. Even Denis in preseason has shown more playmaking abilities and better chemistry in our midfield.

At least Vidal can provide good rest/rotation for Roberto in smaller/medium games and be really good on the overlap or even function as an option up front in attack. Arda isn't needed for this as we have better players for rotation.

El Flaco

The Turk has really showed his worth this season.

Always stood behind Arda even when the vast majority of BarcaForum members wanted the club to sell him.

Alarcón

I compare keeping Arda for another season to our dilemma of giving Tata another season after 13/14. Sure he hasn't had that much time, but some things are just so clearly wrong that there's no point extending it. I don't think Arda can offer anything to our midfield that we don't have in better players. Even Denis in preseason has shown more playmaking abilities and better chemistry in our midfield.

At least Vidal can provide good rest/rotation for Roberto in smaller/medium games and be really good on the overlap or even function as an option up front in attack. Arda isn't needed for this as we have better players for rotation.

This post is hilarious in hindsight. Especially the part about Vidal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Arda has showed himself to be a good rotation option - although 29yo, 41m one? That's still up for debate.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What 41m? He cost 34 million.

Yeah sell our best midfielder on the bench...

Yeah you're right, 34 + 7m in incentives - whatever that was again.

Arda our best midfielder on the bench? That's funny considering 90% of his positive impact been further forward.

serghei

Arda our best midfielder on the bench? That's funny considering 90% of his positive impact been further forward.

His poor form during last season was mainly because of fitness, not being used to playing for Barca, and low confidence. Not because of where he played. It's beginning to become more clear now. He's played great in midfield so far as well. He is a great midfielder and against team that park the bus he is much more valuable than Rakitic simply because he is a better dribbler, a more combinative player, does better under pressure and his passing is sharper and more imaginative in short spaces.

I don't see Rakitic and Iniesta as clear starters. Both Arda and Gomes should break in our first 11 if they continue to produce great performances.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans