Luis Enrique's Legacy

God Serena

Luis Enrique's legacy will be remembered more for the players than him himself, imo. The success a coach brings is great for the record books, but as far as a legacy goes, it would require a certain... change, to the way the team plays. Pep's Barca was so iconic not just because they won, but because of how they won. That style of play was just unmatched at the time.

Alik

How exactly do you think Barça play right now? Just a generic style of football?

Or that there has been no change from the stale tiki taka?

In my opinion, Lucho managed to successfully break away from a style of play that we were stubbornly clinging on to but that had not been effective for 3 seasons. He brought new strengths to the team and addressed weaknesses.

The coach that follows Lucho should have an easier time for it, than he did.

How exactly do you think Barça play right now? Just a generic style of football?

Or that there has been no change from the stale tiki taka?

I think it's still some form of possession football, based on short passing, but unafraid to play also direct football as opposed to being obsessed with possession, or "possession for possession sake" (what was before). It made the matches watchable to the unaffectionate.

In my opinion, Lucho managed to successfully break away from a style of play that we were stubbornly clinging on to but that had not been effective for 3 seasons. He brought new strengths to the team and addressed weaknesses.
Yeah, that's what I think too.

The coach that follows Lucho should have an easier time for it, than he did.
Exactly, what I called his legacy.

Home of Barca Fans