Champions League 2016/17

CuleLife4Life

OK, make a poll if you want. Who's the bigger club atm., Manchester City or Dortmund. I'd be shocked if the answer is not City by a good margin.

They're both in the 2nd tier of clubs but its hard to choose which one is bigger. Its going to take a few more weeks for me to see what Pep can do with this City team. Last year was a mess and that Real tie still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. They were truly pathetic.

I think Dortmund commands more respect in the footballing world though because of the non-oil association.

RMU ReBorn

So there is a chance of Bayern or Atletico vs a top team in the round of 16.

Would fucking love if Bayern finished second in the group and then blasted Real in the next round. Simeone has good history against Carlo too.

Keep dreaming that , Madrid will draw Bayern/Atm in 2nd round. In reality it will be Real vs Leicester city

raki

You really think City is a bigger club than Dortmund :lol: ?
Fine then, that will be all.

Who cares about bigger or history in terms of winning matches?

Great players + Guardiola is a tough match. If Dortmund play their best team with no injuries is a tough match. No doubt.

JamDav1982

That video of Ian Rush choosing the balls that people seem to think is suspicious... there is another video from side that shows it was nothing at all.

Yannik

If you consider the present and some immediate past then city are definitely the bigger club and definitely the one who is more probable of winning against a big team.

Disagree. City plays lacklustre against big CL teams, the only noticable wins they ever had were 2nd leg victories against already qualified Bayern B-squads and that boring match vs PSG where De Bruyne nailed the longshot. They might be a bigger club individually or financially, but they even beat Athletico in that regard but would still struggle to beat them on the pitch. For a team like Madrid, Dortmund would be considered a threat and City would probably be considered a calm tuesday evening like last year. BVB also LOVES the underdog role like noone else and year after year people still give it to them because they lost some guys during the transfer window.

Last edited:

Pablo Escobar

*played.

hihi2_2015-12-30_03-45-30-150x100.jpg

serghei

@Yannick When City beat Bayern 3-2 in Munich they only needed 1 more goal to send you on 2nd place. Stop trying to discredit City and pump up Dortmund.

Yannik

@Yannick When City beat Bayern 3-2 in Munich they only needed 1 more goal to send you on 2nd place. Stop trying to discredit City and pump up Dortmund.

Dude, barely anyone gave a fuck that day. Yes, that MIGHT have happened, but it didnt. City didnt achieve anything of impressive note so far, and a group stage win vs a good team isnt turning shit into gold over night. What are your reasons ro discredit Dortmund here?

Lutece FC

I agree with Yannik. City did nothing in many years. Nothing. They have to thanks the idiot Blanc, for their qualify in semi-final last year. A shameful game for boths teams.

Pablo Escobar

What did Borussia do lately? They got shagged by Juventus last I heard of them in the UCL.

And lol @ discrediting City for that win on Allianz when Bayern actually lined up their best 11 they had, practically only Robben missing the match.

Yannik

What did Borussia do lately? They got shagged by Juventus last I heard of them in the UCL.

And lol @ discrediting City for that win on Allianz when Bayern actually lined up their best 11 they had, practically only Robben missing the match.

BVB was having 6 bad fluke months, in the last season with Klopp, partially even fighting relegation. They just came out of terrible condition and lost fair square to not anyone but the later CL finalist. You put that as if its laughable to loose against Juve. However: Todays Dortmund has nothing to do with that 2014/2015 Dortmund from the first half season.

Well who cares which team Bayern fielded? I can field my best players and they can still perform at 70% to avoid injuries. That's simple complacency.
City met Bayern 3 times in recent CL group stages, always getting hopelessly spanked in the first leg when everything is still open, then beating a qualified, group topping Bayern in the 2nd leg. And guess what happened then: Nothing. City still finishes 2nd or 3rd and go out early again.
It's cool for them but they were wank when it mattered.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans