Champions League 2016/17

Icarium

Lifestealer
Of course and either team could go through but it is not bottle job if Atletico dont.

Well if they properly get outclassed I would agree with you, but if they lose again in the final minute I would call it bottling. They are just mentally weak at that point.

JamDav1982

Well if they properly get outclassed I would agree with you, but if they lose again in the final minute I would call it bottling. They are just mentally weak at that point.

When have they lost in the final minute?

It is nothing do with 'bottling' anything that is just a lazy cliche as folk hated the fact they couldnt hold on against Real in that final. Or lost in pens the next one.

Icarium

Lifestealer
When have they lost in the final minute?

It is nothing do with 'bottling' anything that is just a lazy cliche as folk hated the fact they couldnt hold on against Real in that final. Or lost in pens the next one.

2014 final. They couldn't hold out, 2016 nothing to be done I agree. They just lost on penalties, but 2014 one they made lot of mistakes in the last 15 minutes and let real in the game. They just couldn't handle the pressure. It is not like Real always wins against Atleti, atleti had a big run against real during that time but lost in the finals. The occasion was too big for them, now if they lose it will probably because they are an inferior team.

JamDav1982

2014 final. They couldn't hold out, 2016 nothing to be done I agree. They just lost on penalties, but 2014 one they made lot of mistakes in the last 15 minutes and let real in the game. They just couldn't handle the pressure. It is not like Real always wins against Atleti, atleti had a big run against real during that time but lost in the finals. The occasion was too big for them, now if they lose it will probably because they are an inferior team.

2014 they held on as much as they could and were knackered. It was a good header from Ramos and it changed the momentum game. Nothing to do with bottling it though.

Neither of the finals the occasion seemed to big for them they played well enough and lost but for a great header and a more or less a coin toss situation of penalties.

Hate the way that teams who fight and give everything but lose to the narrowest of margins are deemed bottlers but those that play shit and dont turn up arent.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
C-xfrOhXYAAJ37D.jpg

Devils

Hopefully Atletico are clinical. They will get their chances, like we did, as that Madrid defence is very leaky.

I have very little hopes for this match though, only so much faith I can put into Atletico after what they did in the last 3 years.

MagIX

RM is better than the last years and ATM is worse than the last years.
ATM has to be clinical and hope for some luck. And Simeone has to tactically prepare the match in a perfect way.
Good luck ATM !!

Barcilliant

I am sure Atletico will go through if they can keep the first match tight.

Atleti are due IMO. By their high standards their defence has been a bit lax this season but their attack has been better.

If they had been more proactive in last year's final and attacked more they would have beaten Real. Griezmaan missed that penalty and then they were unlucky in the shootout. This is their year.

Neymessi

Even in 2016 they bottled it by missing a penalty. Also oblak got braindead at the worst possible moment.

Home of Barca Fans