Champions League 2016/17

KingLeo10

At least they have 180 minutes of which 90 are played at home turf. A final against Madrid is a game where they are already mentally handicapped.

i'd still much rather juventus had that 90 mins in turin than atletico. juventus beat a better madrid side in 2015 and they can do it again.

Meatball

These are experienced teams. Penalty misses happen. That doesn't affect the entire second half of a team. This is the quarter finals of the CL. Both these teams were sufficiently motivated to win.

I see your points but that doesn't mean both team's spirit remained the same! I bet Bayern's players blood pressure went down a bit after the pen miss especially Vidal considering the importance of the game n Real players were like :"pheww! Let's make them pay for it!" . After the red card Real players :"hahah! Ur done! Ur done!", Bayern :"This doesn't look good! Ugh!" blood pressure went down a bit more, muscle function got worse a bit! I play football for fun a bit with folks around here so I know!

I don't deny that the penalty miss and red card were what changed the game! Just feel a bit uneasy when people underestimate the importance of motivation in a sport game!

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
i'd still much rather juventus had that 90 mins in turin than atletico.

I think the worst odds for Real are to play Atletico in half-finals and Juventus in final rather than the other way around. I think Juventus will be as strong in the final as they will be in half-finals, I dunno they seem mentally ready to finally take the CL home. Same can't be said about Atletico. See them break down in a final again.

KingLeo10

I think the worst odds for Real are to play Atletico in half-finals and Juventus in final rather than the other way around. I think Juventus will be as strong in the final as they will be in half-finals, I dunno they seem mentally ready to finally take the CL home. Same can't be said about Atletico. See them break down in a final again.

ok you have me convinced. i don't care how but real must be stopped.

Horatio

You're welcome
ok you have me convinced. i don't care how but real must be stopped.

I am not trying to convince you. This is just my interpretation. I have been wrong on more than one occasion this last year XD.

To elaborate:

I think the difference in the mentality between the teams is that Atletico aims to get as far as possible and when they are in the final they are like 'Oh snap, what if we actually win it?!' Whereas Juventus consider themselves a strong team worthy of winning CL, dominating their domestic league and all. Juventus' confidence will give them and edge over Atletico, I think.

Last edited:

Total-Football

you guys are tripping.. bayern are a fantastic side.. and fantastic sides dont fuck up twicd in row. bayern are going to beat madrid in the bernaneu and if i had money i would put it on the germans.

KingLeo10

you guys are tripping.. bayern are a fantastic side.. and fantastic sides dont fuck up twicd in row. bayern are going to beat madrid in the bernaneu and if i had money i would put it on the germans.

it's like you forgot about 2014. 0-1 and 0-4. real are superior to bayern with the exception of neuer who's legendary and the only reason why the 2nd leg is even relevant.

Total-Football

the game is wide open. its ridiculous to talk about semi finals with a 1 goal break. playing with 10 players in this level is going to make you look bad . in the second im expecting bayern going all guns blazing. 3-2 i say or even 3-1 to bayern.

Horatio

You're welcome

Love the attitude.

Just hope Lewa is there. He will definitely net two goals at least.

Total-Football

its not optimism its reality.. bayern has much more quality than real madrid. but football is not exact science thats why madrid won today. but when the match ended my thoughts were that madrid are going to regret not exploiting those minutes with an extra player.

Capitan Puyol

the game is wide open. its ridiculous to talk about semi finals with a 1 goal break. playing with 10 players in this level is going to make you look bad . in the second im expecting bayern going all guns blazing. 3-2 i say or even 3-1 to bayern.
You didn't calculate another red card as well.:lol:
RM are on 1/2finals for sure. Bayern is just bad. How Chelsea can play excellent with 10 men, but Bayern won't ? They just gave up after Martinez's sent off.

Home of Barca Fans