Champions League 2016/17

BBZ8800

May I ask what made you regard this current team of ours since last month so highly? 3-4-3? The comeback against PSG?

I still think we have not fundamentally addressed many of our problems. No?

Till a match against Leganes 80th minute, we were a horrible team with low motivation (we lost to Psg before that and dropped 100s of points in La liga) and with a formation which wasn't working anymore.

After 1:1 in that match, something happened with a team finally.
They were pissed and reached a point where they thought: we can't go on like this anymore, this is crap.

1. we scored in dying minutes of that match
2. Lucho after that switched to 343, and we won against Atletico in final minutes also (fighting spirit again)
3. then we trashed Gijon 6:1 with 343
4. then we trashed Celta 5:0 with 343
5. then we trashed Psg 6:1 with 343
6. players have a huge confidence now, we are back from dead in a CL, and maybe even in La liga
7. Lucho said that he will quit at the end of a season, that had a positive shock on players also
8. our midfielders play way better in a 343 than in 433 currently
9. Neymar suddenly started to play a very important and brave role

So, you see, it is not only 1 factor. A lot of things happened and clicked.
I personally see desire and hunger (and some anger) in their eyes currently.
Since we have Messi, since we also have MSN, and since our midfield isn't that bad in 343, I believe that something magical could happen.

Trophies are not only about player's skills.
This is the same team as 2-3 Months in terms of player's skills (apart from a new formation).
But in player's heads in terms of mental strength and motivation, these teams are like night and day.

Some other Barcas:
1. either didn't have Messi in their team
2. or didn't have a fully motivated team who is willing to fight and win a trophy
3. or we didn't have any experience in tough CL matches (early 00s) when we were losing every tricky CL knockout match

Messi is angry.
Suarez is hungry.
Neymar is on fire currently.
Midfielders finally play okish for the first time in 12+ Months.
Pique, Masch, Umtiti are more than good.

Imo, in post Pep's era, this is the 2nd strongest Barca.
This team is way more motivated and angry currently than majority of other Barcas.

TrueCule

Juventus is a good matchup for us. Unlike teams like PSG who pressed us high up the pitch and caused a lot problems for us this season, Juve like to sit deep and absorb the pressure. Playing like this will cause them a lot of problems, because it's impossible to be flawless in defence against a team with so much invidual quality like Barca. We're used to playing against teams that play defensively and we can create more chances against them (e.g. like against PSG) than against teams that play high press. Overall I think Juventus won't be that hard to beat like some of you think. Plus, we have a return leg on Camp Nou which is a huge advantage. Even if they Juve get a positive result in Italy, we can stil overturn the deficit in Barcelona.

Last edited:
Real Madrid do not deserve to stand on the same pitch as the Bavarian giants. Expect Bayern to hammer Madrid by an aggregate scoreline of 7-0.

Chong Li

Neuer is danger of missing the Madrid game.

He's basically never injured, but of course when Bayern have to play the ultimate kings of luck, he's out.

His potential replacement (Sven Ulreich) is just terrible.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

He's basically never injured, but of course when Bayern have to play the ultimate kings of luck, he's out.

Is it his calf or something else? I thought Ancelotti said he would definitely be fit to play next Wednesday?

It would be a big blow without him. Ulreich is not that bad (made at least two great saves yesterday against Hoffenheim) but the lack of game time will cost him.

Total-Football

The second leg is going to be lame .. Bayern will get the work done by the first one .. I expect at the very least a 3 goals break .

Marchisio8

Banned

Why would you rather Bayern to advance? They are stronger than RM

Yannik

Lewandowski ended training earlier with a muscle injury. Severety of the injury is not known, there were just eye-witnesses saying it didn't look that bad, but you never know with those muscle injuries.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Lewandowski ended training earlier with a muscle injury. Severety of the injury is not known, there were just eye-witnesses saying it didn't look that bad, but you never know with those muscle injuries.

:lol:The retarded Zidane lucky ass syndrome does not seem to end! Bloody ass holes, do shit all but end up making records by avoiding all the top teams once, while barely escaping from minnows and only face the stronger ones when the top players are out injured!!

Bayern - Lewa & Neuer <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :shit:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Scheisse, not right now. You take away Lewandowski you take away 80% of Bayern's firepower at this point. Mueller is still struggling, albeit doing better (scored two goals if I am not mistaken). There is no other forward that can fill in Lewandowski's shoes. Shuck.

gasgas

:lol:The retarded Zidane lucky ass syndrome does not seem to end! Bloody ass holes, do shit all but end up making records by avoiding all the top teams once, while barely escaping from minnows and only face the stronger ones when the top players are out injured!!

Bayern - Lewa & Neuer <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :shit:

It happens
Luck, coincidence or whatever you call it

Treble season we played
Man City with an injured Aguerro
PSG without Verratti, Motta and some other key player IIRC first leg
Bayern without Robben, Alaba, Ribbery etc

Home of Barca Fans