FC Barcelona and Qatar Airways extend sponsorship agreement

amircule

FC Barcelona and Qatar Airways have extended their main sponsorship agreement for one more season, until 30 June 2017, under the same conditions as their current deal.
Qatar Airways, one of the fastest growing airlines in the world in recent years, has doubled the frequency of its flights to Barcelona and Madrid since it started sponsoring FC Barcelona in 2013.
Qatar Airways and FC Barcelona have also worked closely to develop strategies to promote Barcelona in Asia, and this has produced an important increase in passengers from Asia Pacific to Barcelona.
Qatar Airways currently operates 14 weekly non-stop flights from Barcelona to Doha with great connections to points across the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Statement by FC Barcelona’s vice-president of Marketing and Communication, Manel Arroyo

“Qatar Airways has helped us to make Barça bigger in recent years. The success that has accompanied the Club has partly been their work. It is a pleasure to be able to work together for another season and we hope to continue along the same lines of mutual growth”.
Statement by Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, Akbar Al Baker

“Three years ago was the first time we entered into such a landmark sports partnership. We are proud and greatly honoured to continue that relationship. We hope to have a great season together”.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Same deal, not even that 10 mil. increase that was rumored. :lol:

And we were looking for 65... :facepalm:

frog-fcb

They probably got the 10 million plus in sales of sponsorless jerseys it could have been a master plan and next season they can do it all again and barto can brag about giving us clean jerseys even if it was only for a short time

hardyboy

Better than getting nothing. Lets hope we sign a better deal next year with a different sponser..

hardyboy

They probably got the 10 million plus in sales of sponsorless jerseys it could have been a master plan and next season they can do it all again and barto can brag about giving us clean jerseys even if it was only for a short time

That money goes to Nike. Qatar has nothing to do with the money we get from shirt sales..

Co0ter

Hahaha Epic Fail by the board. One of the most popular clubs and MOST successful club of the past decade+ and we have some terrorist funding shit organization that is also paying us shit compared to other major clubs.

When it comes the financials and image of the club, this board has done nothing but be terrible.

DennyCrane

FC Barcelona and Qatar Airways have extended their main sponsorship agreement for one more season, until 30 June 2017, under the same conditions as their current deal.
Qatar Airways, one of the fastest growing airlines in the world in recent years, has doubled the frequency of its flights to Barcelona and Madrid since it started sponsoring FC Barcelona in 2013.
Qatar Airways and FC Barcelona have also worked closely to develop strategies to promote Barcelona in Asia, and this has produced an important increase in passengers from Asia Pacific to Barcelona.
Qatar Airways currently operates 14 weekly non-stop flights from Barcelona to Doha with great connections to points across the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Statement by FC Barcelona’s vice-president of Marketing and Communication, Manel Arroyo

“Qatar Airways has helped us to make Barça bigger in recent years. The success that has accompanied the Club has partly been their work. It is a pleasure to be able to work together for another season and we hope to continue along the same lines of mutual growth”.
Statement by Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, Akbar Al Baker

“Three years ago was the first time we entered into such a landmark sports partnership. We are proud and greatly honoured to continue that relationship. We hope to have a great season together”.

Damage control 101.

Apparently, Qatar Airways have not only extended their sponsorship, but also planted one of their interns to issue out the press statements on the club's website: Why would any culé care that QA

has doubled the frequency of its flights to Barcelona and Madrid since it started sponsoring FC Barcelona in 2013.

or that

Oh yeah, and this right here

Qatar Airways has helped us to make Barça bigger in recent years. The success that has accompanied the Club has partly been their work.

is a load of bull. Even in purely economic terms. Barca, having no sponsor for decades and being in their prime sporting wise, loaded from top to bottom with elite players and an actual club philosophy that was more than bunch of empty marketing slogans and run of the mill PR-babble but a lived practice for over a century, could have made a deal that would dwarf everything else. What we got was a total-sellout of the club's tradition - for a bunch of peanuts.
Also, I can't prove this ofc, but I'm willing to bet that a lot of people refrain from buying Barca merchandise due to the club being associated with a dictatorship.

Damage control 101.

Apparently, Qatar Airways have not only extended their sponsorship, but also planted one of their interns to issue out the press statements on the club's website: Why would any culé care that QA

or that

Oh yeah, and this right here

is a load of bull. Even in purely economic terms. Barca, having no sponsor for decades and being in their prime sporting wise, loaded from top to bottom with elite players and an actual club philosophy that was more than bunch of empty marketing slogans and run of the mill PR-babble but a lived practice for over a century, could have made a deal that would dwarf everything else. What we got was a total-sellout of the club's tradition - for a bunch of peanuts.
Also, I can't prove this ofc, but I'm willing to bet that a lot of people refrain from buying Barca merchandise due to the club being associated with a dictatorship.

I for one. The sponsorless home jersey in the one single piece of Barça material that i've ever bought. I could have bought many more without a main sponsor.

The board should be ridiculed for this. I really hope they get seriously harassed years after their time is over here. Yea it's mean.

Galning

[YOUTUBE]9b2YMB6HHvo[/YOUTUBE]
Rosell: "My company's principal client is the Emir of Qatar. I work for the Emir of Qatar."

One more year with these morons. Also an amazing deal by Bartomeu, really worth all the negotiating.

Home of Barca Fans