FC Barcelona and Qatar Airways extend sponsorship agreement

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]9b2YMB6HHvo[/YOUTUBE]
Rosell: "My company's principal client is the Emir of Qatar. I work for the Emir of Qatar."

One more year with these morons. Also an amazing deal by Bartomeu, really worth all the negotiating.

Did he really say that? Seems this corruption runs deeper than we thought.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah he did, before he became Barça president of course.

Obvious conflict of interest. In Croatia government fell because PM vice-president's wife had ties with our oil company.

Thought Catalans were more sensitive to that stuff.

Pablo Escobar

It's not corruption if he has connections to the "future" sponsor, because its not like Qatar payed less than another company to get the name on our shirt.

The only question is if back when we decided to give up our clean chest to Unicef, was there already an unofficial deal between someone and Laporta to get a paying sponsor but used Unicef as a temporary "get used to the idea" thing?

Eastern Europe is always chaotic when it comes to politics, governments falling because of wives and nightclub fires, I wonder how many Presidents would've been impeached in D.C. or Elysee if Americans or Frenchies were like Eastern Europeans. :lol:

SeloBarca

In Bartomeus electoral campaign he said he would sign a sponsor for more than €60m, but couldnt even do that...
Shit board is shit.

Barcelona have been accused of letting Lionel Messi down by not accompanying him to his tax fraud trial.

Former President Joan Laporta took aim at his successor Josep Maria Bartomeu over the issue of Messi’s court date and the lack of representation by the club, and the renewed sponsorship agreement with Qatar Airways, which is lower than had been promised.

“The club has let the player down, the best player in history, the best player in the world. We have a President and a board that didn’t accompany him when he had to testify in court,” Laporta complained, Sport reports, in an appearance on Catalan radio.

“The sponsorship is a lie. In his electoral campaign he said he would sign a sponsor for more than €60m and this isn’t the best on the market. I don’t understand why they do this in this way and therefore there is always the shadow of suspicion, in my opinion, that they are paying less than what Barca should receive and also that some directors have business in Qatar…”

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans