Preseason starts on Tuesday

F

Flavia

FC Barcelona's 2016/17 preseason starts on Tuesday

www.fcbarcelona.com - 17/07/2016 | 11:33

Following medical checks on the first day back, the first team squad will train each day in Barcelona before flying to England to continue their preparations

27824766.jpg

Luis Enrique is about to start his third term in charge of the Barça first team. The players are due back on Tuesday 19 July at 9.00am (all times on this page CET) for their annual medical tests at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. Training starts the day after, both at 9.30am and at 6.30pm on every day apart from Friday and Sunday, when the players have a break in the evening.

Trip to St. George’s Park

After the first few sessions in Barcelona, the squad will be flying to St. George’s Park in England, where they’ll continue preparations until July 30. After that they have their first game in the International Champions Cup against Glasgow Celtic in Dublin on July 30.

Here’s the full schedule for the week ahead (all times CET):

Tuesday 19

9.00: Analytical and medical checks at Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper

Wednesday 20

9.30am: Training at Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper
6.30pm: Training at Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper

Thursday 21

Friday 22

Saturday 23

Sunday 24

Monday 25

Morning: Flight to St. George’s Park
7.00pm: Training at St. George’s Park

FC Barcelona players ready to get back to work

www.fcbarcelona.com - 18/07/2016 | 14:32

Now that their holidays are over, the squad members that didn't play at international tournaments will be at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper on Tuesday

It’s back-to-work time for the Barça first team. After clinching a famous double by beating Sevilla in the Copa del Rey Final on May 22, the vacations started for some the players. But for a large number of the squad, there was the not-small matter of the Copa America and Euro 2016 with their national teams. This has conditioned the dates when they are due to report back for club duty, while Neymar Jr and Rafinha still have the Olympic Games in Rio before they are back.

The players that were not involved in international competitions will be back under the orders of Luis Enrique from Tuesday 19 July. Those ten will start with their routine medical checks before training starts in earnest on Wednesday. Here’s the full list of which players will be at the club this week, and when the other will be joining them:

19 July: Suárez, Munir, Sergi Roberto, Adriano, Aleix Vidal, Mathieu, Masip, Denis Suárez, Halilovic and Samper.

25 July
: Arda Turan.

1 August
: Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Iniesta, Messi, Bravo, Mascherano, Jordi Alba and Vermaelen.

8 August
: Ter Stegen, Umtiti, Digne, Tello, Douglas and Montoya.

Neymar Jr
and Rafinha will be returning later due to playing for Brazil at the Rio Olympics

gregorrin10

Only 11 days till the match vs Rangers.. Can't wait!

Celtic. Rangers are their biggest rivals. Their fans would probably gut you for a mistake like this, since their rivalry goes up at least to the extent of us and Madrid, if not beyond. :lol: :D Anyway, really excited myself as well, club football has been gone too damn long. ;) :cheers:

Last edited:

Nucky

Celtic. Rangers are their biggest rivals. Their fans would probably gut you for a mistake like this, since their rivalry goes up at least to the extent of us and Madrid, if not beyond. :lol: :D Anyway, really excited myself as well, club football has been gone too damn long. ;) :cheers:

Oops my bad, did I really wrote Rangers? I mean Celtic of course..

F

Flavia

[tw]755741648299159552[/tw]

A total of 13 players from Barça B also joined the session: José Suárez, Marlon, Martínez, Borja López, Nili, Carbonell, Gumbau, Aleñà, Perea, Alfaro, Abeledo, Cámara and Cardona.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
What about the others? They're leaving behind some names I really would've loved to see. That Tarin kid and both RBs should get a proper view by Lucho. But whatever. What are the others doing? Chilling in Barcelona and training with half a squad?

F

Flavia

What about the others? They're leaving behind some names I really would've loved to see. That Tarin kid and both RBs should get a proper view by Lucho. But whatever. What are the others doing? Chilling in Barcelona and training with half a squad?

There's a game today for the b team. Others should join during this week. I'm more curious to which players will travel to St. George’s Park.

Home of Barca Fans