The RB situation

What to do about the RB situation?

• Total voters

Trickykid

Much has been said about our right back situation. Are Roberto and Vidal good enough, or do we need reinforcements?

Trickykid

I'm honestly fine with the current situation. I don't see many alternatives who'd improve the position, and the few that are, are either unobtainable or would cost way, way too much. Give them a season, and take action accordingly next summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A Roberto and Vidal who lost Lucho's trust last season for some reason. That doesn't fill me with confidence, that's for sure.

If Lucho is as stubborn as last season then we basically only have Roberto for the position.

Trickykid

A Roberto and Vidal who lost Lucho's trust last season for some reason. That doesn't fill me with confidence, that's for sure.

If Lucho is as stubborn as last season then we basically only have Roberto for the position.

I'm sure he'd be pressing for a new signing on the position, if he doesn't count on Vidal at all.

Ahmedd

I love Bob, but can he perform well during a full season in that position ? This is unbelievable how a club as big as Barcelona is willing to take such risks.

Chainsaw

Killahead
There are not many better options available out there, so For now I prefer to give a chance to Roberto and Vidal to see how they take this chance to prove themselves.

Ahmedd

Who would you buy then?

This is not the question here, i obviously don't have the infos nor the compentence to find new potentiel RB for Barcelona. And i understand that right now it's going to be difficult to find a better option than what we already have. But wasn't it their job to anticipate all of this ? Maybe we should have done something earlier, we all knew that the Dani Alves era was coming to an end.

Trickykid

This is not the question here, i obviously don't have the infos nor the compentence to find new potentiel RB for Barcelona. And i understand that right now it's going to be difficult to find a better option than what we already have. But wasn't it their job to anticipate all of this ? Maybe we should have done something earlier, we all knew that the Dani Alves era was coming to an end.

Sure, but considering how little talk there has been about a new rb, I'll chose to be naive and believe that Lucho hasn't requested one.

Ahmedd

Sure, but considering how little talk there has been about a new rb, I'll chose to be naive and believe that Lucho hasn't requested one.

You're probably right. But honestly, when i remember how stubborn he was with Bartra, i'm scared. Is he even going to give Vidal a chance if Bob don't fit well ? And what about Montoya ? Should we keep him just in case ?

Trickykid

You're probably right. But honestly, when i remember how stubborn he was with Bartra, i'm scared. Is he even going to give Vidal a chance if Bob don't fit well ? And what about Montoya ? Should we keep him just in case ?

I think and hope that Montoya is gone.
Yeah, Lucho was no fan of Bartra, but we always had alternatives. In this case, there's no alternative to Roberto, if he doesn't count on Vidal. I honestly can't imagine that Lucho is willing to run such a great risk.

Alik

Sergi Roberto played great in the few times he was called to play there. I'm excited to see how well he will develop once given a season of consistent game time in one position.

It will probably be a downgrade from the Alves that we had this season, so it's not the perfect scenario. But this should be taken into account when setting expectations on him.

Interlop

I don't understand, if Lucho doesn't count on Vidal or doesn't like him, why doesn't Robert sell him for 15mil and use this funds for a proper RB?

Home of Barca Fans