The RB situation

What to do about the RB situation?

• Total voters

Trickykid

Non of the above.

Barca had to plan this so very forseeable situation of the rb spot long time ago since Alves wasn't getting any younger and any better. Surely Barca made another important mistake letting a key spot like this uncovered. Ofc the market is poor in affordable options and moreover in eligible solutions for Barca's style and quality of play. The board made another serious error with this and now they find themselves unable to pay a fortune for a good replacement and they chose to start the season with a very unreliable Vidal and an experimental Bob, very poor management skills.

Soooo, let me get this straight; because you feel the management fucked up, we do... nothing now? Just sit idle and sulk in the corner?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he means a good CB.

From 2009 and onwards we've signed the likes of Vermaelen, Lord Song, chased PSG players and now finally signed a guy who looks like he can be a part of our future unlike them.

:umtiti:

Trickykid

From 2009 and onwards we've signed the likes of Vermaelen, Lord Song, chased PSG players and now finally signed a guy who looks like he can be a part of our future unlike them.

I still don't get it. It wouldn't have made sense to replace Masch up until now (or at least in a season or two). Had we bought a young, promising CB 8 years ago, he'd either have rode the bench for a few years or displaced Masch, which I can't imagine.

I'm confused.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Correct

I still don't get it. It wouldn't have made sense to replace Masch up until now (or at least in a season or two). Had we bought a young, promising CB 8 years ago, he'd either have rode the bench for a few years or displaced Masch, which I can't imagine.

I'm confused.
Masch was not signed as a Cb.... It just so happened that he was played in Cb position, out of necessity and because he was not as good as they thought he would be in the midfield, and he clicked! It was sort of luck that's all!!

Even with Masch in the team, we needed another Cb for way too long.... None of Verma and Mathieu were smart options and we should not have stuck with Bartra for so long either!

Trickykid

Correct

Masch was not signed as a Cb.... It just so happened that he was played in Cb position, out of necessity and because he was not as good as they thought he would be in the midfield, and he clicked! It was sort of luck that's all!!

Even with Masch in the team, we needed another Cb for way too long.... None of Verma and Mathieu were smart options and we should not have stuck with Bartra for so long either!

Even so, it's been clear for more than a few years that he turned out perfectly well as a CB, meaning we haven't been looking 100% for a replacement.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even so, it's been clear for more than a few years that he turned out perfectly well as a CB, meaning we haven't been looking 100% for a replacement.

Or the former management lead by Zubi was just incompetent.

Ahmedd

Yeah but in term of trophies it worked out pretty well like that, somehow we got away with it. But this RB problem... Hope it doesn't get too ugly. Imagine if RM had to go a full season with Danilo lol

xXKonan

If Roberto and Vidal end up meeting expectations and becoming good RB's for us we are set for years.

if it doesn't however the RB spot is going to be a graveyard.

FC B

Soooo, let me get this straight; because you feel the management fucked up, we do... nothing now? Just sit idle and sulk in the corner?

That is precisely what they are going to do, most likely so we'll end up with roberto and vidal as RBs.

If Roberto and Vidal end up meeting expectations and becoming good RB's for us we are set for years.

if it doesn't however the RB spot is going to be a graveyard.

I just pray this won't cost Barca any trophy.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I just noticed the poll is missing a special secret option: Adriano is staying, and will be th RB :adriano:

Home of Barca Fans