User Tag List

View Poll Results: What to do about the RB situation?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfectly fine with Roberto and Vidal as our only rbs for the coming season. The next summer we'll assess the situation

17 30.36%
  • not entirely happy with the situation, but we have more pressing needs than a rb reinforcement

11 19.64%
  • would like a relatively cheap, reliable alternative, just in case the two others don't cut it

9 16.07%
  • spend as much as it takes on a bona-fide improvement. A reinforcement on the position is paramount

19 33.93%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The RB situation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The RB situation

Much has been said about our right back situation. Are Roberto and Vidal good enough, or do we need reinforcements?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm honestly fine with the current situation. I don't see many alternatives who'd improve the position, and the few that are, are either unobtainable or would cost way, way too much. Give them a season, and take action accordingly next summer.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Roberto and Vidal who lost Lucho's trust last season for some reason. That doesn't fill me with confidence, that's for sure.

If Lucho is as stubborn as last season then we basically only have Roberto for the position.
    Coutinho Aleņá
    Busquets

Make Barcelona's Midfield Great Again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    A Roberto and Vidal who lost Lucho's trust last season for some reason. That doesn't fill me with confidence, that's for sure.

If Lucho is as stubborn as last season then we basically only have Roberto for the position.
    I'm sure he'd be pressing for a new signing on the position, if he doesn't count on Vidal at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we want to sign Bellerin next season and thatīs why we wonīt sign one this summer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love an upgrade.But I simply don't see one who can be good starter and we can afford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Bob, but can he perform well during a full season in that position ? This is unbelievable how a club as big as Barcelona is willing to take such risks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedd View Post
    I love Bob, but can he perform well during a full season in that position ? This is unbelievable how a club as big as Barcelona is willing to take such risks.
    Who would you buy then?

Killahead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are not many better options available out there, so For now I prefer to give a chance to Roberto and Vidal to see how they take this chance to prove themselves.
    There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    Who would you buy then?
    This is not the question here, i obviously don't have the infos nor the compentence to find new potentiel RB for Barcelona. And i understand that right now it's going to be difficult to find a better option than what we already have. But wasn't it their job to anticipate all of this ? Maybe we should have done something earlier, we all knew that the Dani Alves era was coming to an end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not the question here, i obviously don't have the infos nor the compentence to find new potentiel RB for Barcelona. And i understand that right now it's going to be difficult to find a better option than what we already have. But wasn't it their job to anticipate all of this ? Maybe we should have done something earlier, we all knew that the Dani Alves era was coming to an end.
    Sure, but considering how little talk there has been about a new rb, I'll chose to be naive and believe that Lucho hasn't requested one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    Sure, but considering how little talk there has been about a new rb, I'll chose to be naive and believe that Lucho hasn't requested one.
    You're probably right. But honestly, when i remember how stubborn he was with Bartra, i'm scared. Is he even going to give Vidal a chance if Bob don't fit well ? And what about Montoya ? Should we keep him just in case ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're probably right. But honestly, when i remember how stubborn he was with Bartra, i'm scared. Is he even going to give Vidal a chance if Bob don't fit well ? And what about Montoya ? Should we keep him just in case ?
    I think and hope that Montoya is gone.
    Yeah, Lucho was no fan of Bartra, but we always had alternatives. In this case, there's no alternative to Roberto, if he doesn't count on Vidal. I honestly can't imagine that Lucho is willing to run such a great risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sergi Roberto played great in the few times he was called to play there. I'm excited to see how well he will develop once given a season of consistent game time in one position.

It will probably be a downgrade from the Alves that we had this season, so it's not the perfect scenario. But this should be taken into account when setting expectations on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand, if Lucho doesn't count on Vidal or doesn't like him, why doesn't Robert sell him for 15mil and use this funds for a proper RB?