La Liga Uncle Florentino 2016/2017

Who will win La liga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamDav1982

Had they beat Barca they would have continued to rotate and focus on CL this result at least wont allow that to be so easy and they do have some tougher games without potentially Ramos, Pepe and Varane. Even Bale doesnt seem fit.

League far from over and Barca have to keep the pressure up on them.

KingLeo10

The Valencia game is at Bernabeu though. They bend down to Madrid every season at the Bernabeu. They can only draw or beat them when playing in Mestalla.

not true at all. valencia held them to 2-2 at the bernabeu in our recent treble season, and practically won us la liga.

JamDav1982

The Valencia game is at Bernabeu though. They bend down to Madrid every season at the Bernabeu. They can only draw or beat them when playing in Mestalla.

They dont bend down to them.

Were unlucky to lose 3-2 to them last season drew 2-2 previous two seasons.

Last edited:

aaron101

I just hope that we can get back to being consistent again for the remaining games and finish the season with a winning streak. We can't slip again. I am confident that Madrid will slip a game or two. They'll have a busy schedule due to UCL semi-finals.

Neymessi

The gap is still there and matches left very few. Not getting my hopes up too soon but a win surely made it tough for them because they have to fight for both league and CL.

khaled_a_d

They have tougher schedule with CL too,if we won the next 2 games I think we are in good position. At the moment we are as tired as them and we could lose points after having such game we had yesterday. Osasuna is bad team but Espanyol game will be really tough.

raskolnikov

We can rotate and rest against osasuna but after that they need to go all out.
Las palmas and Espanyol away are our most difficult fixtures.
We need to win all 5 remaining matches. Real could slip up in any of their remaining matches. Im hoping for one loss or two draws.
Despite all their last minute goals, refs screwing us over and crazy lucho lone ups we are still in it. We might not be favourites but that last minute Messi goal makes it interesting again.

Neymessi

We have been anticipating real future fixtures for quite some time now that they may drop points but it is only now when we could go ahead. Previously lucho would rest everyone in an easy la liga game but now since league is the only thing left, he is going to go every match with the strongest lineup, and I finally can have hope.

Garrus

Since season 2010-2011, RM have qualified to the semi finals of the CL every season, And in these past six, They managed to drop 3 or more points in the last 6 matches of la liga (The number of remaining matches they currently have) , In three seasons, that's 3 out of 6.
This mean that if we don't drop any points, We have 50% chance of winning la liga.
As opposed to 16% chance if we had a draw, And 0% chance if we had lost.
Jumping from these chances to 50% is huge!!
Yes i know this isn't a reliable figure, And yes football is very unpredictable, But it's the closest figure we have.

Last edited:

bluestar

I have a funny feeling that Real will drop some points tomorrow, missing Ramos and Bale is an huge blow for them, also after some tough machtes last week against Bayern and the heavy defeat against Barca might hunt them at La Coruña, lets see!

Shreddy

Many people forget that Madrid's bench is actually very good and maybe better then some players in their first 11. Hopefully the abscene of ramos will effect them

Iarwain

I have a funny feeling that Real will drop some points tomorrow, missing Ramos and Bale is an huge blow for them, also after some tough machtes last week against Bayern and the heavy defeat against Barca might hunt them at La Coruña, lets see!

Against Deportivo? Doubt it, Deportivo has pathetic record against Madrid.

Last 6 games: 6 Madrid wins. Last 6 Madrid away games at La Coruna: 5 wins; 1 draw.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They used to struggle at Riazor 4-5 years ago and before them their luck changed.

Btw. Since Pepe Mel took over in February only lost once at Riazor.
I do kinda worry as he started his career in Real Madrid. Unclo Flo tentacles and all.

Home of Barca Fans