La Liga Uncle Florentino 2016/2017

Who will win La liga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Messi983

Don't really care about that, it was expected. We didn't lose the league on Sunday anyway, so I won't blame Malaga for not even trying to win.

And while there were referee mistakes in their favour during the season RM won the title because they were a better team (their "B team" easily won games that our "B team" lost) and they have a smarter coach that knew how to get maximum out of his players. I think Zidane deserves a lot of credit for how he handled Ronaldo this season for his form to peak at the right moment but of course at the same time he also had a team that could win without Ronaldo when he was out of form and also with Benzema in poor form and Bale injured all the time.

Hopefully we'll get coaching advantage back with Valverde but with our transfer history it will take also a lot of luck to get overall squad quality - not just best XI - closer to their level (yeah, they'll sell Morata and James but they'll probably replace them with other good players and with Theo they already improved backup LB position which was probably their main weakness so now they could rest Marcelo sometimes). Hell, we needed Messi at his absolute best and MATS with some great saves to barely beat them in last seconds of El Clasico. That's how much they improved and probably even more how much worse we got in last 18 months since we easily won at Bernabeu with Messi starting on the bench.

Last edited:

serghei

Don't really care about that, it was expected. We didn't lose the league on Sunday anyway, so I won't blame Malaga for not even trying to win.

And while there were referee mistakes in their favour during the season RM won the title because they were a better team (their "B team" easily won games that our "B team" lost) and they have a smarter coach that knew how to get maximum out of his players. I think Zidane deserves a lot of credit for how he handled Ronaldo this season for his form to peak at the right moment but of course at the same time he also had a team that could win without Ronaldo when he was out of form and also with Benzema in poor form and Bale injured all the time.

Hopefully we'll get coaching advantage back with Valverde but with our transfer history it will take also a lot of luck to get overall squad quality - not just best XI - closer to their level (yeah, they'll sell Morata and James but they'll probably replace them with other good players and with Theo they already improved backup LB position which was probably their main weakness so now they could rest Marcelo sometimes). Hell, we needed Messi at his absolute best and MATS with some great saves to barely beat them in last seconds of El Clasico. That's how much they improved and probably even more how much worse we got in last 18 months since we easily won at Bernabeu with Messi starting on the bench.

We have a team that can win without Messi too as we have proven last season. Just not with bad tactics and poor motivation.

Messi983

Hopefully we'll prove that next year. As great as Messi is we really shouldn't depend that much on him. As I mentioned Valverde should bring us better tactics and we should also be motivated to get league title back.

Also, after Getafe's loss in Valladolid yesterday Girona can be promoted to La Liga today if they get a point in Catalan derby against Gimnastic (who are in relegation battle) with two round left in Liga123. Game starts today at 6 PM. Will probably watch it.

Messi983

And Mallorca relegated too. They were always one of my favourite teams so it's really sad to see them going down like that.

Windhook

And Mallorca relegated too. They were always one of my favourite teams so it's really sad to see them going down like that.

Yeah, I'm saddened, too. In the late 90s and early 00's Mallorca were the type of club what Sevilla is at the moment - good cheap transfers that bring in the big money afterwards.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm saddened, too. In the late 90s and early 00's Mallorca were the type of club what Sevilla is at the moment - good cheap transfers that bring in the big money afterwards.

Eto'o said he'd come back there one day. Maybe that day has come. They could sure use his help.

Messi983

He should buy Mallorca and invest heavily in team to get them back where they belong.

Don't think he'll go back there as a player, especially now when they are in Segunda B.

Messi983

Tenerife and Getafe will play for the last spot in La Liga next season. First game tonight (21:00 CET) in Canary Islands and return leg on Saturday.

Home of Barca Fans