La Liga Uncle Florentino 2016/2017

Who will win La liga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Windhook

They used to struggle at Riazor 4-5 years ago and before them their luck changed.

Btw. Since Pepe Mel took over in February only lost once at Riazor.
I do kinda worry as he started his career in Real Madrid. Unclo Flo tentacles and all.

True that. But that depends on manager's personality. Rafa Benitez was a Real Madrid staff prodigy but that didn't stop him from winning La Liga with Valencia (with Real Madrid trailing behind them). I'm more worried about Deportivo being safe with 8 points clear of the relegation zone.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Maybe it was too early in the match so ref didn't want to set the tone.
If it happened later, who knows.

although it shouldnt affect his decision but i felt the same way too. it was a penalty by the rules but the referee decided to ignore it... in the end the penalty seems detrimental but many factors could have improved real's standing in the league. had we scored from our many chances, had we not went for the 3rd...ramos not lunging in for a red...

the title is la liga uncle florentino but come on, you know deep down that no one gets away with referee influence more than barcelona during the game with the xavi tactic...so its not only madrid benefiting, big teams have their way with referees.

VAR should help and i hope it does.

Neeraj

They do that on purpose all season long. Champions League is their main focus.

That's what I thought as well, but if you see the starting lineup, they went pretty much full strength. You can't decide that CL is your full focus and yet play your full strength team, especially when they have a decent squad, unlike us. So that makes me wonder if they just aren't all that great this season, with Bayern the only real good team they played, where they got a result in the home leg.

Against Leicester too, they did not look great; granted they may not have needed to crank it up a notch, but still leaves you feeling they aren't what they were last couple of seasons.

Windhook

That's what I thought as well, but if you see the starting lineup, they went pretty much full strength. You can't decide that CL is your full focus and yet play your full strength team, especially when they have a decent squad, unlike us. So that makes me wonder if they just aren't all that great this season, with Bayern the only real good team they played, where they got a result in the home leg.

Against Leicester too, they did not look great; granted they may not have needed to crank it up a notch, but still leaves you feeling they aren't what they were last couple of seasons.

Yes, Diego Simeone is not rotating the squad much, but they play most of their matches in slow tempo. The players are fresh all season long and when they want to hurt the opponent, they raise the tempo. Real Madrid - Atletico Madrid match, few weeks ago, is the perfect example - Atleti played without much effort and in the last 10 minutes of the match dominated over Real Madrid, Zidane was helpless.

Messi983

They always play aggressive and they run the most of all teams in CL. I wouldn't say they are playing without much effort.

Galning

Apparently the only clubs from the first two divisions that were in favour of changing league president were Athletic Bilbao, Real Madrid, Eibar, Zaragoza & Elche :lol:

Nice one, Barto.

abiabi

Why does it seem like against us they had the whole team inside the box and hoofing balls?

And now against Madrid they are trying to play through the ground and leaving huge holes on defense?

Home of Barca Fans