• Umtiti

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Denis Suarez

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Lucas Digne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gasgas

iniesta is getting older, he may give 3 worldclass performances a season and that's the end of it,
rakitic has been ran to the ground two seasons already, he will be more tired and he has very low creativity and limited skills in tight spaces

neither of our midfield backups is even close to being able to start in place of our midfield trio.

Teams are built on midfield,
Winning teams are stacked in midfield not defence,
Midfields carry teams

It is beyond me how you lot are happy with our midfield
i can't fathom it :rolleyes:

xXKonan

It seems like people want us to be like Bayern and have this crazy squad depth.

For awhile now our squad depth was abysmal but this summer alone we addressed a lot of the long standing problems we have had for the past couple of seasons now. We will get a CM next summer and possibly a RB if Roberto and Vidal don't meet expectations.

Nucky

Umtiti.. Because we finally invested some money into defence.. I also like Digne as back up LB.. Now we need a starter RB that is actually RB.. (Bellerin?)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
In before Umtitol trolls the forum and fails miserably at Barca.... Denis and Digne are not really gonna help the team but there's not much scope for them to be termed failures because, as is, they do not impart much hope into the forum anyway

Trickykid

In before Umtitol trolls the forum and fails miserably at Barca.... Denis and Digne are not really gonna help the team but there's not much scope for them to be termed failures because, as is, they do not impart much hope into the forum anyway

Why on earth aren't they going to help the team? I know there are conflicting opinions about Digne, but he's an upgrade to LB Mathieu and Adriano no matter what, and will obviously help the team if Alba is out or needs a rest.
Denis? He had a very good season at Villarreal, and I'm sure he can hold his own here, especially as LW.

serghei

With that slightly above average squad we have won 7 out of 9 possible titles in the last 2 seasons.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Definitely Umtiti. We've been wanting to sign a centre back who will be in our starting 11 for years to come.

Pepe Silvia

1. Umtiti is the future. He is outstanding defender with incredible poise, strength, tactical awareness, basically everything we've needed for ages.

2. Denis Suarez is freakishly well rounded for being so young. Didn't just survive at a Champions League caliber team he thrived.

3. Digne has the bone crunching tackles I like to see. He is very athletic and brings an even more physical aspect to our defense now. We have options.

4. Andre Gomes. I watched several of his videos and couldn't put my finger on what I felt was not right. Read a comment somewhere that said he is very raw and rough around the edges. This was a perfect way of describing it. His acceleration is incredible, his ceiling at this point is already high, and to now learn how to control the ball from guys like Messi, Busquets, and Iniesta... *mindblown*

So are we going to get Vietto or no? Hear a bunch of conflicting info.

xXKonan

Umtiti-We all seen just a taste of what he can do during the Euros, and being only 22 He can only get better and better here playing along side Mascherano and Pique.

Denis-He was excellent at Villarreal and turned a lot of heads here. Certainly can't wait to see him play for us!

Digne-After dealing with a Declining and Injury Prone Adriano, for the last couple of seasons and a Mathieu who's aging and much better suited playing as a CB and Improvising using Roberto at LB. It's easy to get excited at finally getting a brand new young LB in Digne. My expectations are pretty simple, I just want Digne go out and prove that we don't need to have that feeling we are screwed when Alba isn't on the field. and I'm sure he will easily accomplish this.

Gomes-I admit this one has me the most Intrigued out of all the signings we've made. He's considered one of the best young talents from Portugal, and with teams like United,Juventus,Real,Chelsea and us duking it out for his signature and us winning the fight it made me excited to see him play and evolve for us.

Pablo Escobar

Umtiti - It's really hard to say, especially about Umtiti who is a defender @ 22 yr old. I remember hoping Chygrynskiy will be that out of the ordinary defender that will be remembered for his long passes and after seeing him against us in Monaco that year he was promising to be an excellent defender next to Gerard with 10+ years ahead of them to be one of the longest CB partnerships ever, but man, time passes fast, he was 22 and that was 7 freakin years ago and it didn't turn out well at all or maybe he just expected too much from his at the beginning?
Hope things will look much better with Samuel, all I have seen of him was at the Euro and maybe some Lyon game and didn't pay attention to him. Each way, will never expect a 22 year old defender to be anything close to his high.

Digne - will be a back-up LB and I don't have much hopes from him now, didn't see him play much, my guess is he will be a back-up LB and that's all, he's 22 so enough time to improve too.

Denis - I always like it when we sign an ex junior, if the guy improved well while out, I am going to be very happy if he can deliver, yes, we had all those high hopes in many jrs and maybe they didn't turn out to be Messi 2 and there won't be one very soon, but still, let's let him surprise us :amazed:

Gomes - Lots of negative feedback from his first season, much better in his 2nd, would say, it's never easy to come in La Liga at 20 and just explode, remember how United dumped Paul and now they're ready to break the bank for him. Also I don't consider him as being a slow CM, he can't be very agile at his height but compare him to Xkaka, he's like 3 times as fast, also not a position he has to be the quickest.

1.Gomes
2.Denis
3.Umtiti
4.Digne

Home of Barca Fans