Lucas Digne

El Flaco

[tw]976878703643889665[/tw]

Credits to Barcacentre for the translated quotes.

- Lucas Digne: "The World Cup is something what is always in our heads. We all want to be selected because those who are selected have the chance to show themselves."

- Digne: "Having 20 caps at the age of 24? It's great but it makes you want to have a lot more."

- Digne: "Representing your country is the best thing for a footballer. We feel like a family in the France squad."

- Digne: "It's possible to win the World Cup. We have experience, and we have a squad full of qualities."

- Digne: "I play at the biggest club in the world, I have the chance to be called for the France team, it's hard not to smile. Everything is fine in my life, my family is happy."

- Digne: "I have the chance to play fairly regularly, it's not like I don't have any playing time at all. I have the chance to play at the biggest club in the world, to work with the best players of the planet. My playing time is very correct. It's up to me to be good when I play."

- Digne: "Still at Barcelona next season? At the moment everything is going well. We are still in all competitions, we can win many trophies. Earning titles is the most important."

- Digne: "Barcelona is the club of my dreams. Wearing this jersey is more than a pride."

- Digne: "Areas I improved in since I'm at Barça? Defense."

- Digne: "Puyol? In my eyes, he represents THE defender with Paolo Maldini. He's a lion on a field, he's an icon as a defender. He inspires me by his defensive gestures, his supports. He's a model."

- Digne: "Terroristic attack in Barcelona? I heard a loud noise and I first thought of a car accident. I saw a policeman and a person on the ground. As it was 40°C, I went down with water and towels."

xXKonan

While we would expect the likes of Cucu possibly getting a chance but from what we have seen this season I don't count on it.

Valverde would either risk Alba and play him non stop in the next 3 weeks or He plays Semedo out of position at LB or Umtiti before we see Cucu.

FCBfan22

While we would expect the likes of Cucu possibly getting a chance but from what we have seen this season I don't count on it.

Valverde would either risk Alba and play him non stop in the next 3 weeks or He plays Semedo out of position at LB or Umtiti before we see Cucu.

Roberto will probably play LB if needed.

BarçaBarça

Sport reports that Juve wants to pay 17M€ for him, and that we could accept that (but would try to press the pricetag a bit upwards).
I think he has been alright, and I don’t see the need for any change there – if he doesn’t evolve or downright gets worse it will be easy to give Barca-B-players a chance.
I’m not ready to say Cucurella should be 2nd option from next season, Alba performs better when he thinks he is under pressure.
If we can get more than 20M for him and need the money for the midfield or striker-positions I could even accept picking up Luke Shaw (if he cuts his salary in half). He should be alright to pressure Alba and once he was a promising subject, now he is destroyed by Mourinho. For free he could be worth a bet during Albas last years, and if he gets his breakthrough at the top stage, then awesome, and if he doesn’t then he should at least be good enough to pressure Alba a little and be a reliable backup just as Digne.

clemente

Just no. He doesn't fit our style, he is a center-back, our wingers have to be fast and better attackers than defenders, Digne has very little offensive abilities, I don't even know how he ended up here in the first place. He is a good player for a team like Man U, but not here.

MTL_Barca

I would be ok with selling him for around 20M. He's not a bad player but very replaceable. We could always get someone that fits the style better and isn't worse overall.

Either some young player who can pressure Alba a bit or if not possible then just trust Cucurella, i don't think average players as bench warmers is the way to go.

But if we keep him it's ok too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is Cucurella really ready to step into that position?

If not, we should keep Digne, otherwise we would be struggling to find a LB backup for less than 3 times of what we are going to sell him for.

Home of Barca Fans