Lucas Digne

Alik

AVerage player on a position which is very difficult (even for Barca) to find a talented player.

If Paris don't want to keep him after 2 seasons, it's a signal.

It's just been two matches, but so far he's been doing great at Barça. Fingers crossed.

FC B

Good game especially going forward and entering combinations. Got a couple of times beat by the opponent but had the right attitude the whole time he played, looks like a solid contender for Alba, in the future.

serghei

Got beaten a few times early after he came on, but later he adjusted and owned that flank. Impressed by his precise first touch.

oneirophobos

Out of 4, Digne was the signing I was least hyped for because it looked more like a thing of practicality but he's amazing. Definitely shouldn't be considered only first backup option after Alba, his competence in aerial duels and tidiness of clearances is nice to see at LB.

BBZ8800

In Your face Lucho! For picking Matheu over him. I hope he won't do the same with Umtiti.

Imo, Lucho doesn't necessarily think that Mathieu is better as a LB.
But Lucho more or less continues where we stopped at the end of the last Season.

So, a new player can't jump right in into a team (except if you are Suarez, Neymar and similar), but you are slowly integrated into a team.
And if you play awesome, over time you will go higher and higher in the pecking order.

I never expected personally that Digne, Denis, Gomes or Umtiti will suddenly play as starters, no matter how good or bad they are.
Denis, Gomes, Umtiti will go through the same process like Digne.
At first, our players who were here in the last season will be picked as 1st options and new guys will enter as subs at the minute 60.
Guys who will play awesome (and if their opponent for their position is injured or is playing badly) will play more and more.
Guys who will play lukewarm at first will continue to get 20-30 minutes, and they won't rise in the pecking order until they drastically improve, or when their opponent gets injured or when their opponent starts to play badly.

Rafinha is probably the only exception and he will be surpassed fast in the pecking order by Denis and Andre.
But he is Rafinha and his ceiling was never too high, so we shouldn't cry about that too much.

God Serena

Rafinha is probably the only exception and he will be surpassed fast in the pecking order by Denis and Andre.
But he is Rafinha and his ceiling was never too high, so we shouldn't cry about that too much.

What you're saying makes too much sense.

Never underestimate Lucho's ability to get Rafinha minutes. Because I assure you, it will happen.

Lutece FC

It's just been two matches, but so far he's been doing great at Barça. Fingers crossed.

You will see. His 3 first months were good but after ... Maxwell was better, easily. And I can say that Kurzawa >>>> .... > Digne. For sure.

Alba can sleep cool.

xXKonan

You will see. His 3 first months were good but after ... Maxwell was better, easily. And I can say that Kurzawa >>>> .... > Digne. For sure.

Alba can sleep cool.
I wouldn't be so sure about Alba not worrying. While it's true it's the early days but if Alba continues his sloppy form during the second half of last season and Digne keeps up his performances his ass will be under fire.

Which is good for us since it keeps Alba in Check since the days of Adriano and Mathieu being his only competition for the spot are gone.

Last edited:

God Serena

I wouldn't be so sure about Alba not worrying. While it's true it's the early days but if Alba continues his sloppy form during the second half of last season and Digne keeps up his performances his ass will be under fire.

Which is good for us since it keeps Alba in Check since the days of Adriano and Mathieu being his only competition for the spot are gone.

Let's be honest here, Alba isn't going to lose his place no matter how badly he performs in comparison to Digne.

Home of Barca Fans