Lucas Digne

God Serena

Can rely on Digne more than any la masia player in those CL games.

Agreed, but we're comparing a 3/10, to a 2 or a 1/10. This being our worst case scenario. It's like the common argument made for the goalkeeper situation, in that we can't afford to have a backup who isn't world class or close to it because if our starter gets injured we'll be in deep trouble. The worst case scenario is just too unlikely to base our entire transfer policy around, imo. If we're forced to start against Madrid without Alba we're ten levels of fucked whether we start Digne or Cucu at LB. In fact, one could argue that this applies to most of our positions, given how weak our bench is.

JamDav1982

Agreed, but we're comparing a 3/10, to a 2 or a 1/10. This being our worst case scenario. It's like the common argument made for the goalkeeper situation, in that we can't afford to have a backup who isn't world class or close to it because if our starter gets injured we'll be in deep trouble. The worst case scenario is just too unlikely to base our entire transfer policy around, imo. If we're forced to start against Madrid without Alba we're ten levels of fucked whether we start Digne or Cucu at LB. In fact, one could argue that this applies to most of our positions, given how weak our bench is.

No you make it sound like it is close between likes of Digne and Cucu. It is not at all.

Digne for his faults is far better and more ready player than any B team player.

If Alba got injured Barca would have to play players out of position before going near those players.

Digne is decent enough player and a good back up level.

mia7007

I still see Digne a good backup. He is not that bad for a backup young player to sell him for around 10m and then struggle getting another backup

Calidad

I don’t really see the point of selling Digne for what will probably be a modest fee, because he’s a solid option to have as cover, and it’ll only mean the club have to go find someone else which won’t be easy.

That is, unless there is a decent option within La Masia?

GOAT_SUAREZ

Digne is probably a 6/10

cro-man

Alba is not the youngest anymore and digne is not good enough. We should sell digne and buy someone else. The next guy could be worse but could be also better even be the next starter for us. Who knows? If we dont try we will never find out. Same worked out with umtiti and surprise he is a starter here....

mia7007

Some options to replace Digne (not sure about their prices)
Fawzy Gholam (Napoli)
Guererro (Dortmund)
Tony Lato (Valencia), I like this guy a lot and he is just 19

Messi983

Some options to replace Digne (not sure about their prices)
Fawzy Gholam (Napoli)
Guererro (Dortmund)
Tony Lato (Valencia), I like this guy a lot and he is just 19

Ghoulam would want a starter position so it's unlikely he'd come here to sit behind Alba when some other teams can offer him more playing time. He's also coming off a serious injury so would be a very risky signing especially for 40M or more that Napoli would still probably ask because he's under longterm contract. And at 27 he's also not the youngest anymore so we could consider him as a longterm Alba replacement in 2-3 years.

After Dembele saga last summer I doubt Dortmund will negotiate with us anytime soon. And Guerreiro also had a lot of injury problems last season and IIRC he's played more as CM/LM than LB.

We have Cucu and even more so Miranda who club has high expectations for so buying another talented but unproven talent on top level like Lato and then not give him enough minutes to develop wouldn't make much sense IMO.

MTL_Barca

If Digne leaves we either outright trust our own talents, buy an older/cheap reliable backup until Miranda is ready or go all out and buy someone who can fight for Albas spot and be his successor.

Last option is probably not possible right now so its either get some other player on Dignes level or trust our youngsters. I personally wouldn't have a problem in using la masia players here, yeah it's a bit risky obviously but i just don't like to have these "fillers" on the squad that are just there for injuries but don't have potential to be starters or add anything special that makes them good subs (like a physical CM or a plan B striker). It would save money for the expensive world class signings which are more important.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know why we are even reading these rumors. Digne is not the problem. He gets the job done and even played once or twice as CB successfully.

Sort out the midfield with some fresh legs and get a plan B in attack.

Joan

Digne is young, solid and reliable. Plus, knows the squad well. Selling him now and bringing another filler seems pointless. We can always sell him if Miranda od Cucurella reach the level.

I'd sell him if it's gonna be part of a good deal or if we bring someone more versatile.

Nothanks

only reason why i think we're selling him is maybe he is demanding to play more minutes and knows he wont get it here.

Pepe Silvia

Digne is young, solid and reliable. Plus, knows the squad well. Selling him now and bringing another filler seems pointless. We can always sell him if Miranda od Cucurella reach the level.

I'd sell him if it's gonna be part of a good deal or if we bring someone more versatile.
100%... I keep telling people this deal is not good for us. Thiago is injury prone, left on bad terms... Digne is a SOLID backup. I don't like it.

Home of Barca Fans