Lucas Digne

Devils

lol @ the negativity.

I think this is a great signing and I think it's great work done by the board.

serghei

Is Grimaldo even a starter at Benfica? How many games did he start in the league and CL since he signed for them. Give me one solid argument for him being better than a 22 years old player who at this young age plays every game for a pretty good team like Roma.

PSG is no authority on the value of players. This guy could be the real deal soon and PSG might look dumb two years down the line for letting him go.

20m. is not a lot of money for a promising LB who at 22 was a starter at AS Roma. And the Italian league is not as easy as some make it out to be.

F

Flavia

Is Grimaldo even a starter at Benfica? How many games did he start in the league and CL since he signed for them. Give me one solid argument for him being better than a 22 years old player who at this young age plays every game for a pretty good team like Roma.

PSG is no authority on the value of players. This guy could be the real deal soon and PSG might look dumb two years down the line for letting him go.

20m. is not a lot of money for a promising LB who at 22 was a starter at AS Roma. And the Italian league is not as easy as some make it out to be.

It's the home grown virus. I'm glad that didn't affect the Umtiti thread. But it would have, if he had a bad display with france. Digne is young. If he's a bad fit, he can be sold. And if he's signed, it'lll be to be a backup, not a starter, so I don't get the fuss. The market is inflated, 20m isn't that much.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Come on, guys, he can't be any worse than Adriano...

And the club is working on budget, so having a cheap-ish young player with some potential is fine with me...

xXKonan

The price may be a bit steep for a back up LB but it's not a bad thing considering his age.

We finally have a worthy back up LB now. the times of using a declining adriano and a aging Mathieu who's better suited to be a CB and improvising using Roberto as a LB are over.

serghei

The club is doing well to stay within that budget while also signing good players. From what I've seen with Umtiti so far, we probably hit it big with this transfer. He has all the qualities that Bartra lacked.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I do not see what the fuss is all about.... A youngster, if true that his level is as was Adriano's when we bought him, it means he's more than good enough for a backup, probably will be on much lower wages than Adriano and would also have resale value!

It would have been much better if it were a RB instead, especially considering Aleix Vidal can be used as LB backup and hence LB signing was not really the most immediate signing needed, but oh well

Last edited:

Alarcón

It's a weird transfer since I thought we bought Umtiti specifically because he can also play as left back. But anything to push Adriano out of the club is good, I guess. We still need a right back, a midfielder and a striker though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As someone said before, apparently he wasn't content with sitting on the bench at PSG, I don't know if he will be content with sitting on the bench for us.

serghei

He will play. We rotate players very well. Alba gets injured pretty often, even if there are minor injuries.

spark

The only downside I see is he he cant play on the right but it is heavily outweighed by his age and the fact that he has played more than 6 games in the position before we bought him. The thought that when Alba injures himself sprinting or gets a red card for talking back to the referee, we won't ever have to see Mathieu or Adriano there again brings me great joy.

xXKonan

L'equipe says that Digne is already in Barcelona and passed his medical tests. He is just waiting for the clubs to make it official.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt it.

If true then good job by the club keeping it confidential because these days you have journos, photographers, paparazzis camping at the airport lol

Some in El Prat, some outside the club offices, some following the cars around.

Home of Barca Fans