Lucas Digne

PhilS

Much better to get a versatile backup who can play more than one position, get more playing time and be match fit.

That's right. Smaller squad, with more backups who can play more than one position. If they do keep Digne, it should be to back up both LB and CB, then go with only 3 dedicated CBs.

MTL_Barca

Apparently, we are selling him to Juve for 13-14 million. Get 20 million, you useless bastards.

With prices like this, we will need to pay someone to take Vidal and Gomes.

Well that's what we bought him for and he was just sitting on our bench, having some solid games as his highlight. So it wouldn't be too bad to sell for around 15M, as long as we get a good replacement for not that much more. Or trust our own talents here, wouldn't be opposed that option too.

FCBfan22

Well that's what we bought him for and he was just sitting on our bench, having some solid games as his highlight. So it wouldn't be too bad to sell for around 15M, as long as we get a good replacement for not that much more. Or trust our own talents here, wouldn't be opposed that option too.

Well, the problem is that the market was massively inflated by P$G and us last year, so selling for the same price would essentialy mean a loss (if we invest that money into transfers). I would demand 18-20 million from Juve. They have the money.

JamDav1982

Well, the problem is that the market was massively inflated by P$G and us last year, so selling for the same price would essentialy mean a loss (if we invest that money into transfers). I would demand 18-20 million from Juve. They have the money.

Juve wont pay 20m for Digne and the market has been inflated for sought after players not really players like Digne.

He has been decent but no team is paying big for him.

MTL_Barca

Well but in the end he is just an average mid 20s sub. That doesn't have much to do with PSG, if anything it's about the midtable PL clubs playing ridiculous fees for average players but that's more like getting lucky than every player being way more expensive by default.

Of course more money is always better but it wouldn't be the worst deal, as long as we have a plan to cover his spot.

Last edited:

Joan

Digne is not great but he's reliable. I wouldn't be afraid if he played a clasico, for instance.

Don't know we could find a better player for 20m or so. Better not rush this.

Nothanks

almost anyone we get will be a downgrade immediately, i'm just assuming he asked to leave which is why we are settling to downgrade a position.

xXKonan

Like a week ago the there were rumors we were looking at Lyon's Ferland Mendy in case we sell Digne.

bodi16

Like a week ago the there were rumors we were looking at Lyon's Ferland Mendy in case we sell Digne.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, saw some comps with him and his overall game looks quite good, he might be an upgrade from Digne. Don't know how much are Lyon going to ask for him though.

Messi983

Much better to get a versatile backup who can play more than one position, get more playing time and be match fit.

I agree but who would you bring for that role? Someone who would accept being a backup and wouldn't be too expensive? It wouldn't make much sense to sell Digne for 15M and then buy someone for 30M. The only player who comes to my mind right now is Jonny Castro whose buy out clause is 15 or 20M IIRC. Two years ago I was quite high on him but he didn't really develop that well IMO though I've read Atletico is interested in him. Any interesting player in Ligue 1 who could fill this role?

Home of Barca Fans