Lucas Digne

gregorrin10

Maybe a chance for Cucu? But i guess a fractured finger on his hand shouldn't keep Digne out for long, and he wouldn't play against Valencia anyway.

Messi983

Would be nice if Cucu would get a chance against Getafe but with our CB problems for that game I doubt EV would risk that much and play another inexperienced player alongside Mina.

khaled_a_d

Would be nice if Cucu would get a chance against Getafe but with our CB problems for that game I doubt EV would risk that much and play another inexperienced player alongside Mina.

Well, there should be at least a defender from B team for that game if Digne is out too, on the bench most probably

God Serena

I'd be shocked if Mina played against Getafe so I wouldn't think that's as big a problem. The main thing is our chances of seeing Cucu are less than 5% no matter what the circumstances, and that really applies to any B team player. I've transcended being upset about this and have come full circle to acceptance, btw. It just doesn't seem likely. Alba's going to have to start most likely because if Digne is able to play he'll likely be at CB.

Windhook

Valverde's last substition says it all. Before Asspanyol's goal I believe Rakitic was supposed to come in for Busquets or Iniesta. Digne's inadequate positioning was alerting all game, most of the dangers created by the opposition came from his zone (including the cross for Gerard Moreno's goal), leaving a lot of space behind, going too much up front where he "impressed" with safe passes to Coutinho and Iniesta.

Back in November, I think, I said Lucas Digne is playing better defensively compared to Jordi Alba and improving a lot. Now that sounds like bullshit. Hope not to see him much involved in key games, especially away matches.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If there was anything good to take from Getafe match it was Digne proving he can play CB.

Well done Lucas.

God Serena

Looked a completely different player working from the center of our defense this time. While he's normally a bang average at best LB he was actually the foundation holding our defense together, even carrying the weight of having a newbie next to him.

Home of Barca Fans