Lucas Digne

Zebulun

He is doing a very good job at LB. I don't understand the criticism he receives sometimes. We need him since Alba is very prone to injuries and isn't exactly the LB he was 2-3 years ago.

Disagree, every time he played against better opposition he flunked. partly because of his scattered minutes but he also was very poor defensively.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Disagree, every time he played against better opposition he flunked. partly because of his scattered minutes but he also was very poor defensively.

Alba should be still #1 and Digne still has some potential to improve. He shouldn't start vs better opponents yet. Tough to find great backup for every position.

Messi983

Even for 20M you'd be crazy to sell him. In this market 20M is nothing, he is doing a good job. You'd have to spend your 20M on a replacement already + invest time in finding one.

I know, that's why I said I'd consider selling him for that price. That means if we'd be sure we could get a better player (maybe R. Rodriguez whose release clause is around 22M IIRC) who could challenge for Alba's spot in best XI more than Digne for around the same money.

God Serena

I'd keep him, honestly. His poor performances came mainly after even Alba was getting the bench arbitrarily. If Valverde uses his backups like actual backups I think he can have a decent season.

gatsu

Alves was benched because of lucho's idiocy. Digne is nowhere near barca level, even for a backup. It was a stupid and useless signing from the start.

Anti-Pepe

Lucas Digne. Sweet guy. Bad player. How bad? PSG actually sold him to us, that is how bad. He belongs on the Barça scrapheap with garbage like Mathieu and Vermaelen.

behindbrowneyes

I hope he can give some competition to Alba this season. Alba would need this. He isn't a top 3 LB anymore. His form has fallen sharply which is a warning signal since he is in his best years.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I see nothing special in him, sorry
Adriano was miles better

So what? It's not like Adriano is able to give us good performaces right now, does he?

We needed a replacement and Digne fulfilled that role without fuss... He can definitely improve, but comparing him to an almost retired player doesn't make any sense at all...

gasgas

So what? It's not like Adriano is able to give us good performaces right now, does he?

We needed a replacement and Digne fulfilled that role without fuss... He can definitely improve, but comparing him to an almost retired player doesn't make any sense at all...

It's quite okay if you are pleased to have players of his quality bracing our colors.
I don't. We all are different alright.

As for me as i look at a few of our previous LB backups and their level of play e.g Maxwell, Adriano, and then i see Digne I am disappointed.
You can have a different reaction and it's all okay :D

Home of Barca Fans