Lucas Digne

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That I agree with.

Unless he's promised a bigger role. Perhaps as a CB/LWB hybrid in Niko Kovac's 5-3-2 system. It looks like Bayern are in for a big squad restructure this summer.

Androutsos

Cucu is not good enough even for the B team if we are being honest with ourselves. If Digne leaves, we need a new back-up LB.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
17m? Just because Bayern in stingy we would only charge them 17m? No way. :angry:

Hoeness laughed at us for spending so much money on transfers, we should ask them for at least 50m. Those stingy Bavarians.

Joan

I don't think Digne is bad or should be sold. Not for 17m, at least.

Sometimes wish we could make deals like Bayern does.

xXKonan

Cucu is not good enough even for the B team if we are being honest with ourselves. If Digne leaves, we need a new back-up LB.
I have mixed feelings about Cucu and yeah I'm starting to think he's not first team material.

Miranda though imo is more talented and he has potential to reach the first team but he's a good several years out before we can safely say he can be Alba's backup/successor. But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we did part with Digne this summer and use possibly Lenglet as a LB backup to Alba.

Jombi

A backup LB has to be able to play any game, including CL semi finals. Can the Barca B players handle that? Much better to buy versatile backups instead of players who rarely get to play.

Jombi

I have mixed feelings about Cucu and yeah I'm starting to think he's not first team material.

Miranda though imo is more talented and he has potential to reach the first team but he's a good several years out before we can safely say he can be Alba's backup/successor. But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we did part with Digne this summer and use possibly Lenglet as a LB backup to Alba.

Is there any indication we would use Lenglet as LB backup? The guy has never played LB in his life.

Messi983

There is no way we should go into the season with Umtiti/Lenglet as backup LBs. Alba is injury prone and then we have Vermaelen (if he stays) as one of the 4 CBs who we can also expect to miss at least a month or two if not more every season because of injuries so Umtiti and Lenglet will both be needed to play in their primary position.

I like Cucu and hope he gets a chance in preseason but he's unproven beyond Segunda A level and we shouldn't keep him to play in "easy games" only. If Alba gets injured/suspended before El Clasico or CL quarter final and we can't count on Cucu to play in those kind of games then it's better to keep Digne. He's as good backup as we can get and I wouldn't sell him for only 17M unless we can get someone better for not much higher price, preferably a versatile player who could also play RB, CB and/or another position. But those kind of players are rare.

So personally I would keep Digne, loan/sell (with buy back) Cucu, let Miranda develop in Barça B while occasionally train and possibly also get some games with the first team and then re-evaluate things next summer when we'll also have to decide what to do with Alba if he won't renew before. Which I think he will but don't know if this will really be a good decision longterm.

gregorrin10

Umtiti can play LB very well, so there is that... but I guess we will see.

maybe he can, but he absolutely mustn't. He's been a spectacular CB for us, no sense in messing with that by playing him as a LB, even if it is only for a few games. I'd rather we just promote Cucurella and give him at least one season to prove himself instead then.

God Serena

There is no way we should go into the season with Umtiti/Lenglet as backup LBs. Alba is injury prone and then we have Vermaelen (if he stays) as one of the 4 CBs who we can also expect to miss at least a month or two if not more every season because of injuries so Umtiti and Lenglet will both be needed to play in their primary position.

I like Cucu and hope he gets a chance in preseason but he's unproven beyond Segunda A level and we shouldn't keep him to play in "easy games" only. If Alba gets injured/suspended before El Clasico or CL quarter final and we can't count on Cucu to play in those kind of games then it's better to keep Digne. He's as good backup as we can get and I wouldn't sell him for only 17M unless we can get someone better for not much higher price, preferably a versatile player who could also play RB, CB and/or another position. But those kind of players are rare.

So personally I would keep Digne, loan/sell (with buy back) Cucu, let Miranda develop in Barça B while occasionally train and possibly also get some games with the first team and then re-evaluate things next summer when we'll also have to decide what to do with Alba if he won't renew before. Which I think he will but don't know if this will really be a good decision longterm.

We can't rely on Digne for a CL quarter final or a Clasico either, let's be real here. He'd be torn to shreds defensively and would offer next to nothing in attack. There's a reason why people are pushing X LB replace him as backup and play the "Easy" games, and that's because that's literally what Digne's role is right now.

JamDav1982

We can't rely on Digne for a CL quarter final or a Clasico either, let's be real here. He'd be torn to shreds defensively and would offer next to nothing in attack. There's a reason why people are pushing X LB replace him as backup and play the "Easy" games, and that's because that's literally what Digne's role is right now.

Can rely on Digne more than any la masia player in those CL games.

Home of Barca Fans