Lucas Digne

Androutsos

Is Cucurella really ready to step into that position?

If not, we should keep Digne, otherwise we would be struggling to find a LB backup for less than 3 times of what we are going to sell him for.

I don't think Cucurella will ever be a first team player. Miranda on the other hand seems to be the player you'd think would end up Barca starting LB in the future, but it is probably too early for him (don't really want an 18 year old sitting on the bench every week)

xXKonan

Interesting how Cucu went from being one of the most promising LB's we have to being unsure if he will make it here.

Doesn't help that he's being compared to Miranda who's appears to be much more talented. But despite that I don't consider Cucu to be a bad option tbh.

God Serena

Is Cucurella really ready to step into that position?

If not, we should keep Digne, otherwise we would be struggling to find a LB backup for less than 3 times of what we are going to sell him for.

Miranda is closer to being ready than Cucu is tbh. It seems Valverde rates him much higher as well, although that really means nothing given how little he cares about using younger players.

Digne is such a low use player that Miranda/Cucu could fill that gap whenever we really do need a backup though.

Joan

Miranda is closer to being ready than Cucu is tbh. It seems Valverde rates him much higher as well, although that really means nothing given how little he cares about using younger players.

Why do think so? About Valverde rating Miranda higher than Cucurella?

If you are referring to that Copa Catalunya match, Cucurella was injured or something.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't know about Valverde, but Miranda is definitely rated as the better prospect from what I've read.

I'm pretty confident about him making the step up the first team from what I've seen. More so with Pimienta as the Barca B manager now.

xXKonan

Why do think so? About Valverde rating Miranda higher than Cucurella?

If you are referring to that Copa Catalunya match, Cucurella was injured or something.
It's not just Valverde but it seems going by what Miguel Rico who's one of the most reliable journalists in Barcelona, the club thinks Miranda is going to be Alba's successor.

Cucu Imo is not a bad LB at all and would be useful to have in the first team but in terms of pure talent Miranda definitely has a higher ceiling than Cucu.

Joan

Yeah, I know. I also think he's more talented but thought Valverde might've said something.

DonAK

It's not just Valverde but it seems going by what Miguel Rico who's one of the most reliable journalists in Barcelona, the club thinks Miranda is going to be Alba's successor.

Cucu Imo is not a bad LB at all and would be useful to have in the first team but in terms of pure talent Miranda definitely has a higher ceiling than Cucu.

He also said the club intend to keep Digne for another year until Miranda is ready too.

We actually have a great pair of FBs now. Miranda as the LB and Mateu Morey as the RB. Both are good defensively, but even better attacking-wise, both are starters for Spain's age groups they're in.

I hope both make the step up. Would be amazing for the club.

Joan

True that, he seems to be more talented. Plays well for his age, but I was pretty fond of Cucurella and thought he'd stand a good chance. Things rarely go our way....

Would be delighted with any of them being Alba's successor.

DonAK

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if both Miranda and Morey are the starting FB pair if Barca B are relegated to Segunda B.

Lower level so easier to settle in at first for Morey in particular. This is why Barca B getting relegated isn't that big of a deal IMO.

God Serena

True that, he seems to be more talented. Plays well for his age, but I was pretty fond of Cucurella and thought he'd stand a good chance. Things rarely go our way....

Would be delighted with any of them being Alba's successor.

If Miranda had been poached by Arsenal/City/Dortmund/etc. Cucu would easily be a good option for top LB prospect. Kind of unfortunate for him that Miranda is seemingly the best LB since Grimaldo to come through the academy and is only slightly younger than him.

xXKonan

I remember the rumors not to long ago the club originally was looking for a Abidal like player, someone who can play LB/CB.

I wonder if Miranda also fits the bill on what they club is looking for. Miranda is 1.83m tall (6'0) he's not really short, if anything he's tall for a regular LB and maybe down the road he could be used as a CB as well.

God Serena

I'm seeing reports that the club wants to keep Digne until Miranda makes it to the first team. Could be why Valverde is bringing him on the pre-season tour this summer, despite him not being a starter for Barca B yet.

Home of Barca Fans